Nigeria vs Sudan 3-1 full time

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan 3-1 full time

Post by maceo4 »

Leon Balogun’s analysis of the games so far…great insight to how our players think…

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYxACChK3M ... =copy_link

Full live https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYw2aNrq9z ... =copy_link
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan Live! 3-1

Post by Enyi »

green4life wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:01 pm
Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:56 pm Nwakali is balling I don't know what game people are watching
Even Ndidi was frustrated with him at one point….if u keep going back u put ur team under pressure… but anyways we won that’s all that matters…
That was the most composed Nwakali SE performance i've seen so far and I'm not his biggest fan as I feel he's been a big disappointment. But today's performance coupled with his Egypt cameo are steps in the right direction. He can and will do more with time. He played well today - at a time when Sudan could've put us under pressure after the pk, he took the air out of the ball. Meanwhile recall how we blew the 4-0 lead vs. SL to assess the value of Nwakali's contribution today.
Are u guys really telling me that Egu told Nwakali….go in there get the ball and pass it backwards even if you see a clear pass forward with no pressure pass it backwards!!??

Don’t care if ur up 10-0 or 3-1…..the game against SL is an example!! U pass back Omeruo or Ekong get pressured and lose the ball - it’s 3-2 and the team panics….

Can understand playing it safe aka Mikel… but choosing to pass back when there is a better option forwards is a disaster in a player and will come to haunt us…Nwakali is not quite at this level sorry and same for Awoniyi…good talented players but not quite this level

Sadiq on the other hand is a different story …. It looks like he likes being the top dog if not he Moans about…just like at Rangers….

Hopefully he starts the next game and he can be fully judged.

Iwobi looks like a guy that needs a hug…what happened to my boy???

Simon today looks like he was floating - nice to see the Nantes Simon finally at the SE….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Enyi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:46 am
green4life wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:01 pm
Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:56 pm Nwakali is balling I don't know what game people are watching
Even Ndidi was frustrated with him at one point….if u keep going back u put ur team under pressure… but anyways we won that’s all that matters…
That was the most composed Nwakali SE performance i've seen so far and I'm not his biggest fan as I feel he's been a big disappointment. But today's performance coupled with his Egypt cameo are steps in the right direction. He can and will do more with time. He played well today - at a time when Sudan could've put us under pressure after the pk, he took the air out of the ball. Meanwhile recall how we blew the 4-0 lead vs. SL to assess the value of Nwakali's contribution today.
Are u guys really telling me that Egu told Nwakali….go in there get the ball and pass it backwards even if you see a clear pass forward with no pressure pass it backwards!!??

Don’t care if ur up 10-0 or 3-1…..the game against SL is an example!! U pass back Omeruo or Ekong get pressured and lose the ball - it’s 3-2 and the team panics….

Can understand playing it safe aka Mikel… but choosing to pass back when there is a better option forwards is a disaster in a player and will come to haunt us…Nwakali is not quite at this level sorry and same for Awoniyi…good talented players but not quite this level

Sadiq on the other hand is a different story …. It looks like he likes being the top dog if not he Moans about…just like at Rangers….

Hopefully he starts the next game and he can be fully judged.

Iwobi looks like a guy that needs a hug…what happened to my boy???

Simon today looks like he was floating - nice to see the Nantes Simon finally at the SE….
I saw a guy that came in to stabilize the midfield and stop the Sudanese from gaining confidence from the goal, he chose his moments to pass forward and if our defense can't learn from the 4-4 affair then they must be really rubbish.

We will see him in the next fully so no stress, afterall he plays well it's a plus if not another player is waiting to take his spot
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

joao wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:33 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:42 pm
Tbite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:04 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm Honestly, I think Sudan offered tougher opposition than Egypt did. Good win❗️

Cheers.
I disagree.

We did not defend anywhere near as well against Sudan as we did against Egypt. At Egypt that was probably the best defending I remember seeing from Nigeria in many many many years. Whereas against Sudan, at time it was almost as if we even dared them to do their worst. We made many schoolboy errors against Sudan but were not punished, so we did not have any incentive to tighten up our game.

We didn't press in the same manner, we were not as precise.

Sudan had more opportunities, largely because we took them less seriously.

In short we made Egypt look bad and made Sudan look good.
Sudan matched up athletically with us better than Egypt. Defensively, the things we were able to do with Egypt, we weren’t able to do with Sudan because of the improved speed and athleticism we faced.
Offensively, we had about the same chances except that we got some fortuitous goals which we didn’t get against Egypt. Notice, in particular, that Simon wasn’t able to have his way, like he did in the previous game against Egypt❗️

Cheers.
Thanks TTTKiller for a clear-headed appraisal of the match.
Like I said previously, winning is enough for many herein as they miss the
important aspects of the matchup.
When we encounter a well-coordinated and focused team, that will be a real test
for players and the coach.
Again thanks.
Joao, I appreciate your reaction to my comments. Thanks❗️

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

truetalk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:57 am Okonkwo (at Arsenal) should be drafted in asap, so we know we have a pool of 3 decent young keepers who would compete for years to come.

Okoye fluffed a cross today, but he had an excellent save against Salah.

I can certainly understand why many have doubts about him.
Not so sure that one is keen on Nigeria. He gives me Adarabioyo vibes. Prince Adegoke of chelsea is the one for sure keen on Nigeria.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:11 pm
truetalk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:57 am Okonkwo (at Arsenal) should be drafted in asap, so we know we have a pool of 3 decent young keepers who would compete for years to come.

Okoye fluffed a cross today, but he had an excellent save against Salah.

I can certainly understand why many have doubts about him.
Not so sure that one is keen on Nigeria. He gives me Adarabioyo vibes. Prince Adegoke of chelsea is the one for sure keen on Nigeria.
Seems he was invited at some point to one of our youth teams but Chelsea no gree am come.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:49 pm
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:40 pm ghana vs Naija is my prediction for Round of 16
You think Ghana will advance to the next round? Didnt they lose and draw 1 so far?
3rd place... we play one of the 3rd place teams
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan Live! 2-0 (Chukwueze, Awoniyi)

Post by 100%Naija »

ohsee wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:30 am
100%Naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:02 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:00 pm Who even scored the 2nd goal?
I don't think the players know either.
Awoniyi. Deflected off his head and changed direction so he gets credit for it.
Chief, you think say the Useless Ugandan does not know? The correct answer for him is Dennis Onyango the Useless Ugandan goalkeeper scored it from his bedroom in South Africa. :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dennis Onyango...buhahaha
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!