Bonke about to sign for Lorient

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Bonke about to sign for Lorient

Post by Dammy »

Lorient are set to sign Bonke Innocent as free agent on a three year and half contract. Nigerian striker will fly to France on Sunday. 🇳🇬 #transfers

Deal subject to medical, final step before the official statement.
I am happy
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: Bonke about to sign for Lorient

Post by mystic »

That's a great move for him.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 pm Lorient are set to sign Bonke Innocent as free agent on a three year and half contract. Nigerian striker will fly to France on Sunday. 🇳🇬 #transfers

Striker?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

That’s great. Ligue 1 will surely improve his game.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 pm Lorient are set to sign Bonke Innocent as free agent on a three year and half contract. Nigerian striker will fly to France on Sunday. 🇳🇬 #transfers

Striker?
I was about to ask the same question. Striker?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Are they developing real estate in Lorient ?

The Bricklayer is on his way to help.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Negative people with their mindsets! All they can see is striker, instead of celebrating a Nigerian midfielder moving to a top 5 league! Oh ga o!
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:55 pm Negative people with their mindsets! All they can see is striker, instead of celebrating a Nigerian midfielder moving to a top 5 league! Oh ga o!
And one loser keeps on calling the guy a bricklayer. The bricklayer has achieved more than the one calling him names.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:03 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:55 pm Negative people with their mindsets! All they can see is striker, instead of celebrating a Nigerian midfielder moving to a top 5 league! Oh ga o!
And one loser keeps on calling the guy a bricklayer. The bricklayer has achieved more than the one calling him names.
Is this a fan site or not ?

Bonke is one of the most useless players I have seen don GWG in the last 5 years.

Frustrating that Rohr would call him up over much better options and even praise him above the real debutant who did well in Kingsley Michael.

Hopefully he will learn to trap the ball and make basic passes at Lorient.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Congrats to Bonke :clap:

I've been wanting to ask, what kind of name is Bonke? it sounds German to me... Abi is there any part of Nigeria that name is indigenous to?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Congrats to Bonke!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:14 pm

Bonke is one of the most useless players I have seen don GWG in the last 5 years.

Frustrating that Rohr would call him up over much better options and even praise him above the real debutant who did well in Kingsley Michael.

I am pretty sure he is better than you on the pitch and off it. You spend so much energy and time abusing people who are achieving so much more that you could ever dream of. What does that say about you?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

this one doesn't even know anything about football. "trap" the ball". that is so high school and even a faded out word in football.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

You need to calm down with the denigration of players. This is a fan site and lorient fans will come here to check out Bonke…..

He is working on improving his game and more so….he is Nigerian, serving his country…..

Congratulate him and move on…..
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enyi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:12 am

You need to calm down with the denigration of players. This is a fan site and lorient fans will come here to check out Bonke…..

He is working on improving his game and more so….he is Nigerian, serving his country…..

I think he'll improve at Lorient. He has the makings of a very good defense midfielder. I thought that he played his role to a tee away at Cape Verde. However I disagreed with his continued invitation because I didn't think he was quite up to the required Super Eagles standard. All the same it was a great year for him: Winning the Swedish League; Getting Champions League experience; Playing for the Super Eagles; And now a move to Lorient.

All this should aid the growth of his game (he's a player whose potential I really liked when was a youngster in Norway). So perhaps he may yet develop into an asset for us down the road. But even if he doesn't, this is still a great opportunity for him.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

But you said Aribo was rubbish in the Nwakali thread. Whats the difference?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 am

But you said Aribo was rubbish in the Nwakali thread. Whats the difference?
I was being sarcastic….go and read it again
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Christophe Pélissier confirms that the Nigerian will have his medical examination on Monday. "I have good hopes that he can sign either this Monday or Tuesday," said the FCL coach, adding that the club "is working on files" while an attacking element is also expected. https://t.co/4SKHoCtpFg
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:49 pm Christophe Pélissier confirms that the Nigerian will have his medical examination on Monday. "I have good hopes that he can sign either this Monday or Tuesday," said the FCL coach, adding that the club "is working on files" while an attacking element is also expected. https://t.co/4SKHoCtpFg
Dammy are you his agent :tic: :tic: :tic:

Anyway, we must celebrate Bonke, he work diligently to reached this level and with more diligence and God's grace and favour, he will go higher.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bonnke has completed his transfer to Lorient after passing the medicals and signing a 3 and a half year contract. He was handed squad Number 8.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:25 pm Bonnke has completed his transfer to Lorient after passing the medicals and signing a 3 and a half year contract. He was handed squad Number 8.
Nice one. God is good.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Don't know which match you saw but your statement is false.
Nigeria, at this point in time, has very few out and out defensive midfielders. Ndidi, Onyeka and Bonke. That's about it. All others are make shift midfielders.

Bonke was very instrumental in allowing Michael Kingsley the freedom he had during the Cape Verde game. He did a lot of the dirty work needed to allow Michael to post the kind of performance he did. He also did alot of cleanup work for the two centerbacks. I thought he really had a very good game, for someone who was debuting for the SE.

Bonke, to me, is one of those rugged, steely DMs that take no prisoners. We have really been lacking in such players for the Super Eagles for decades! Such a player is needed and his move to Ligue 1 is good for his development. Hopefully, he can grow and develop into someone like a Diego 'el cholo' Simeone, the ruthless Argentine DM (for those who remember what a domineering DM he was). All we have now are DMs that play 'don't-touch-me-ball', softies who get pushed around and are afraid to get into a crunching tackle. This guy will gladly get rough and will help establish that physical dominance in the midfield.

My one concern is that L'Orient might be relegated at the end of this season, considering their rather poor performance so far. Hopefully (and for both himself and Moffi's sake), the team can turn things around and stay up.
Good luck to both men.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm Don't know which match you saw but your statement is false.
Nigeria, at this point in time, has very few out and out defensive midfielders. Ndidi, Onyeka and Bonke. That's about it. All others are make shift midfielders.

Bonke was very instrumental in allowing Michael Kingsley the freedom he had during the Cape Verde game. He did a lot of the dirty work needed to allow Michael to post the kind of performance he did. He also did alot of cleanup work for the two centerbacks. I thought he really had a very good game, for someone who was debuting for the SE.

Bonke, to me, is one of those rugged, steely DMs that take no prisoners. We have really been lacking in such players for the Super Eagles for decades! Such a player is needed and his move to Ligue 1 is good for his development. Hopefully, he can grow and develop into someone like a Diego 'el cholo' Simeone, the ruthless Argentine DM (for those who remember what a domineering DM he was). All we have now are DMs that play 'don't-touch-me-ball', softies who get pushed around and are afraid to get into a crunching tackle. This guy will gladly get rough and will help establish that physical dominance in the midfield.

My one concern is that L'Orient might be relegated at the end of this season, considering their rather poor performance so far. Hopefully (and for both himself and Moffi's sake), the team can turn things around and stay up.
Good luck to both men.

We had one in Ogude in 2013, but it took us moving away from that kind of player to a more quality midfielder in Onazi for us to improve our midfield and win that tourney.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!