Awoniyi vs. Osimhen - Statistical Review

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awoniyi vs. Osimhen - Statistical Review

Post by metalalloy »

omey2k4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:22 pm why do we always do things like this? Awoniyi is just representing his country and so far has done an amazing job. He deserves every opportunity he has had and he works well with Kelechi,both him and Moses are very with their backs against the goal or opponent. its good we have all these players its a blessing.
:clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Awoniyi vs. Osimhen - Statistical Review

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys are funny sha.

BAP wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:32 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 pm I have read some several comments here on CE about Awoniyi not being 'it', with regards his ongoing performance. Someone even referred to him as 'sluggish', which is laughable.
Out of curiosity, decided to do a comparison of his stats versus Osimhen over their respective 1st 3 games.

OSIMHEN
1. Tunisia (2019 AFCON) - played 45 mins - 0 goals, 0 assists (0 Shots on goal)
2. Ukraine (2019 Friendly) - played 90 mins - 1 goal (pen), 0 assists
3. Benin (2021 AFCONq) - played 90 mins - 1 goal (pen), 0 assists
225 total mins played in first 3 games. 2 goals, 0 assists.

AWONIYI
1. Cape Verde (2022 WCQ) - played 45 mins - 0 goals, 0 assists (blocked goal bound shot on goal)
2. Egypt (2021 AFCON) - played 72 mins - 0 goals, 0 assists, (1 header hit post)
3. Sudan (2021 AFCON) - played 83 mins - 1 goal, 1 assist, (1 shot hit post)
200 total mins played in first 3 games. 1 goal, 1 assist.

No doubt, Osimhen has since developed into a 'Super Striker' for Nigeria.
However, it is important to note that Awoniyi is most certainly not too far behind. He brings a different context to the strike force and has been playing extremely well for the SE.
To state the Awoniyi is not 'it' is rather disingenuous, to say the least.
Chief you missed one stat .. Awoniyis Bundesliga record this season is like 9 goals in 16 games while Osimhen in Serie A is 5 in 11 . Awoniyi actually has a better score rate at least in their respective leagues :mrgreen:

Having said that comparisons can be odious and its near impossible to be able to compare like for like since so many other factors come into play .

Long and short of it is that I agree with your premise that Osimhen is only marginally better if he can be considered better at all and has had the advantage of being in the SE for a while
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.