Pick your 4 strikers for the WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pick your 4 strikers for the WC

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:54 pm
Paveman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:50 pm I think there will be 5 of those 10 at the WC, but I think Osimhen and Kelechi are in 100%. Then the battle is between Onuachu/Awoniyi/Sadiq (probably Onuachu) and one of the smaller more skillful strikers so Dennis/Ejuke/Onyekuru. I would say Dennis, but possibly because of his attitude it would be Ejuke. If a 5th, he would take Awoniyi.

All things being equal, and no injuries, the others have very little chance. Also don’t underestimate a return of Moffi if he regains his form.
How do you Nigeria will be at the World Cup? Has Nigeria qualified?
EII,

The question is irrelevant because you know as well as I do that non qualification is totally unacceptable😃😃😃❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:04 pm Let's qualify first!

THANK YOU MY BROTHER !!! QUALIFY FIRST!!
thanks
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

As of Today, the 4 players i would pick are

1. Osimhen
2. Nacho
3. Onuachu
4. Dennis / Ighalo

If Dennis sorts out his sitiation with his club and the SE coaches, he is in. If not, its Ighalo.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1. Osimhen
2. Nacho
3. Dennis
4. Awoniyi

Wha choo looking at?!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

waka-man wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:59 pm If the question is about the qualifiers, a few things
We’ll have more than four strikers.
Osimhen and Iheanacho are set.
Awoniyi has done enough to play his way in.
I don’t think Dennis will get invited again any time soon.
So for the other two positions, I think you’ll have Ighalo and Sadiq.
Yeah, I don't know about the Dennis situation. I just know the NFF sent his invitation late. I'd like him to be in contention but if he's not committed then it's a no.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:25 pm 1. Osimhen
2. Nacho
3. Dennis
4. Awoniyi
Sounds about right for WCQs.

Btw, the WC squads will likely be more than 23. Probably 25 or 26.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:38 pm
naijaguy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:31 pm Dennis will not go to the world cup. Go and mark it. No coach will tolerate a stubborn disrespectful player like him. He doesn't want to play his heart out for the SE, so let him be. Besides, it's not even like we need him. We have better performing strikers.
The NFF are to be blamed not Dennis for his exclusion at this tournament. They had a simple job, “inform clubs on time” and they didn’t do their job. Why blame Dennis? On current form, DENNIS is SE best available winger/Forward and will be a starter on current form
Dennis clearly wasn't ready to come. Even Eguavoen said that the players who weren't released by their clubs didn't show that they really wanted to honour the invitation.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:05 pm
naijaguy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:31 pm Dennis will not go to the world cup. Go and mark it. No coach will tolerate a stubborn disrespectful player like him. He doesn't want to play his heart out for the SE, so let him be. Besides, it's not even like we need him. We have better performing strikers.
The NFF are to be blamed not Dennis for his exclusion at this tournament. They had a simple job, “inform clubs on time” and they didn’t do their job. Why blame Dennis? On current form, DENNIS is SE best available winger/Forward and will be a starter on current form
Dennis clearly wasn't ready to come. Even Eguavoen said that the players who weren't released by their clubs didn't show that they really wanted to honour the invitation.
Yep, contrast him with his teammate, Sarr, who fought hard to rep Senegal. Let us move on from the bobo, when he ready he will come to his sense, right now hin heaf no dey house. Reminds me of when Martins was first shining in Inter.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:18 pm
naijaguy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:05 pm
Yep, contrast him with his teammate, Sarr, who fought hard to rep Senegal. Let us move on from the bobo, when he ready he will come to his sense, right now hin heaf no dey house. Reminds me of when Martins was first shining in Inter.
You are correct. I don't know why people.leep mentioning him when he clearly isn't ready to play.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 pm If everyone is healthy, the available strikers for the WC as of today are:

1. Osimhen
2. Kelechi
3. Ighalo
4. Onuachu
5. Awoniyi
6. Sadiq
7. Onyekuru
8. Desser
9. Dennis
10. Olayinka.

This will put this discussion about Awoniyi in perspective. We all want our strikers to light it up everytime they step on the pitch, but that's not always the case for every player. Even Nacho has been in a funk in the past and was left off, so i dont understand why we are not being honest about Awoniyi so far.

The reality is that there is stiff competition at that position, so he going to need more than statistical comparison to make the top 4.

So if you were to pick your 4 for the WC, which 4 players would you pick?
This is not a full compliment of Nigerian strikers e.g Simy, Kayode, Maja, Moffi, Anthony Nwakaeme
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

No way we take 4 out and out strikers to the WC unless we are allowed 28 players again.

If 23

2 out and out strikers

1. Osimehn
2. Awoniyi

1 Support striker

1. Iheanacho

1 Striker who can play wide

1. Dennis
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I know even you sef no mention those names with straight face.

You are right that we have more Nigerians playing as striker. Each NPFL team has at least 2.
Flex Swift wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:47 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 pm If everyone is healthy, the available strikers for the WC as of today are:

1. Osimhen
2. Kelechi
3. Ighalo
4. Onuachu
5. Awoniyi
6. Sadiq
7. Onyekuru
8. Desser
9. Dennis
10. Olayinka.

This will put this discussion about Awoniyi in perspective. We all want our strikers to light it up everytime they step on the pitch, but that's not always the case for every player. Even Nacho has been in a funk in the past and was left off, so i dont understand why we are not being honest about Awoniyi so far.

The reality is that there is stiff competition at that position, so he going to need more than statistical comparison to make the top 4.

So if you were to pick your 4 for the WC, which 4 players would you pick?
This is not a full compliment of Nigerian strikers e.g Simy, Kayode, Maja, Moffi, Anthony Nwakaeme
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

bookmarked

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What's your 4 again?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:oops:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:26 am
You dey mind this yeye old man! He wants to jinx us! Please, go pick trips with your Uber car!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:46 pm
You dey mind this yeye old man! He wants to jinx us! Please, go pick trips with your Uber car!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You did more to jinx us by continually pairing us with Ghana in various predictions. Why were you so desperate to play Ghana anyway? There were easier teams in the playoffs.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Orion wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:51 pm
You did more to jinx us by continually pairing us with Ghana in various predictions. Why were you so desperate to play Ghana anyway? There were easier teams in the playoffs.
Name an easier team in that playoffs? We would have lost against Cameroon or Egypt! Mali and DR Congo will have been a struggles for us as well ? Ghana were there for the taking and we bottled it! Ghana was by far the worse team in that second group!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:29 pm
Orion wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:51 pm
Name an easier team in that playoffs? We would have lost against Cameroon or Egypt! Mali and DR Congo will have been a struggles for us as well ? Ghana were there for the taking and we bottled it! Ghana was by far the worse team in that second group!
Of course, you'll say that to make you feel better! We've had an easier time against the likes of DRC and Mali. Some of your guys seem to have this weird and shallow way of thinking where you judge a team only based on their last performance. That's not how it works. If that was how it works, after losing to CAR (at home!) SE should not have qualified for the playoffs. History matters.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

When was the last time Ghana was any good? We saw them against south Africa in both legs, forget the Afcon, there is a reason they are the worst rank team in Qatar! Our easiest path was playing them. A good coached SE team would have beaten them home and away! Ghana is ranked the worst of the 32 teams in Qatar!
Last edited by Undertaker on Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Abeg mek una hide dis thread from tfco. :scared: Na God I take dey beg una!! :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

If the squad was made of of 23 players, i think 4 strikers would be too many. I'd pick:

1. Osimhen
2. Awoniyi
3. Iheanacho (as a support striker, in case we want to play with 2 strikers together)