So guys I was on Collins Udohs Twitter space today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: So guys I was on Collins Udohs Twitter space today

Post by Tobi17 »

I’m yet to meet Poseiro in Cameroun yet, says Eguavoen
By Alex Monye
17 January 2022 | 1:15 am
Super Eagles Interim Coach, Augustine Eguavoen, has disclosed that he and the incoming national team manager, Jose Peseiro, are yet to meet at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations.

Speaking on a radio programme monitored at the weekend, Eguavoen disclosed that he is fully in control of the Super Eagles, adding that he is delighted that every player in the team is playing according to his instructions.

Eguavoen revealed that every player in the Eagles camp is fit and ready to give his best in the team’s remaining matches.

“If the Portuguese is present in the city, I don’t know yet because nobody has told me. But that notwithstanding, the Eagles are fully focused on the AFCON. I have talked to the players to take every game as the final of the AFCON.

“I am excited that the players are intelligent and smart to understand what I want them to do on the pitch… this makes my work easy. My target is to win the AFCON, but every game must be approached seriously by the team to achieve the feat,” he said.

https://guardian.ng/sport/im-yet-to-mee ... -eguavoen/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I am all for Eguavon staying on as coach.
But as we identified last week and supported by this report saying Egu hasn't met the new guy, there is a real possibility that the move is under reconsideration.

However...
If Egu is to officially take on the job, then it needs to be on similar terms as Rohr, Oliseh and Keshi.
We know that Egu's salary is paid directly by the NFF under a different payment scheme and is probably nowhere near what they were paid.
That would have to be revised and it would only be fair to do so.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It needs to be on terms Eguavoen agrees to. What if the terms for those coaches are no acceptable to him, or if he feels he can work best on lesser terms? He needs to negotiate his own terms so he wont come crying to the public later that he got a lesser deal.
Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:21 pm I am all for Eguavon staying on as coach.
But as we identified last week and supported by this report saying Egu hasn't met the new guy, there is a real possibility that the move is under reconsideration.

However...
If Egu is to officially take on the job, then it needs to be on similar terms as Rohr, Oliseh and Keshi.
We know that Egu's salary is paid directly by the NFF under a different payment scheme and is probably nowhere near what they were paid.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:02 pm It needs to be on terms Eguavoen agrees to.
He needs to negotiate his own terms so he wont come crying to the public later that he got a lesser deal.
Of course.
That goes without saying.
What if the terms for those coaches are no acceptable to him, or if he feels he can work best on lesser terms?
Who ever says that? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We are talking about salary here, tight?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

CCCCCCCC
Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:13 pm
What if the terms for those coaches are no acceptable to him, or if he feels he can work best on lesser terms?
Who ever says that? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We are talking about salary here, tight?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:02 pm Most Nigerian football journalists respect and fear CE. I was in a WhatsApp forum with them and the mention of CyberEagles elicited some fear. Colin actually stated on the forum that he had to run away because we don't take nonsense here and no "Yes Man" will survive here as we call it as we see it.
I told them that most CE members either live or have lived abroad and don't need favours like those who live in Nigeria and have to navigate their way through the murky politics of football in the country.
On CE we call it the way we see it we don't look for favours from the NFF like our journalists who cannot tell truth to power!
For the journalists, its their bread and butter hence its understandable if they try and be politically correct or just extra careful with their reporting or expo. Even some CE members with inside info from reliable sources would not want to jeopardise future inside info from their NFF contacts. If I go abusing NFF here from inside info that I get and my NFF contact reads my posts, I bet you that will be the last time he will give me any useful info.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

highbury wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 pm I read somewhere that Colin Udoh na NFF agent. So, I will exercise extreme caution when listening to him. He is their voice. He is not speaking for the average Super Eagles fan.
KoC (Colin Udoh) has been a member of cybereagles for years. He understands the SE fan mentality very well.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:21 pm I am all for Eguavon staying on as coach.

However...
Which makes sense as he is the technical director vs a coach who was being paid via Aiteo's sponsorship agreement.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Listening to Colin Udoh, I kinda of agree with him. We've got to keep an eye on the bigger picture instead of over-focusing on short-term goals and miss opportunities to take advantage of using our own Johan Cruyff equivalent to revolutionize Nigerian football.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

iworo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:57 pm Listening to Colin Udoh, I kinda of agree with him. We've got to keep an eye on the bigger picture instead of over-focusing on short-term goals and miss opportunities to take advantage of using our own Johan Cruyff equivalent to revolutionize Nigerian football.

Nice.
This is all well and good but what does a ‘national football philosophy’ mean in practical terms?
What is an 8 year old learning from a national curriculum that he won’t be learning from just kicking, shooting and controlling the ball?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:43 pm
iworo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:57 pm Listening to Colin Udoh, I kinda of agree with him. We've got to keep an eye on the bigger picture instead of over-focusing on short-term goals and miss opportunities to take advantage of using our own Johan Cruyff equivalent to revolutionize Nigerian football.

Nice.
This is all well and good but what does a ‘national football philosophy’ mean in practical terms?
What is an 8 year old learning from a national curriculum that he won’t be learning from just kicking, shooting and controlling the ball?
It's also an outdated way of thinking about football.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:43 pm
Nice.
Please read this, when you have time.

https://thebootroom.thefa.com/old---philosophy

https://thebootroom.thefa.com/resources/england-dna

https://thebootroom.thefa.com/resources ... priorities
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim