Will EGU empty Bench? ... Uzoho, Ebuehi, & Ndah ... Get ready!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Will EGU empty Bench? ... Uzoho, Ebuehi, & Ndah ... Get ready!

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:04 am
gochino wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:50 am
truetalk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:54 am We've topped the group (We beat Egypt and they are the only one that can get 6 points), so I think the coach should clear the bench.

The dropoff should not be too much, and we should be able to beat Guinea Bissau's first team regardless.
What if we lose and Egypt wins the final game by a wide margin?
Apparently the first tie breaker is now head to head not goal difference…
Ah ok
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:32 amProblem here is, should things go wrong, we no go hear word again.
Everybody will forget how they said “rest this player; rest that player” and “the result is secondary” etc. :rotf:

Madagascar still haunts.
I’m sure the pre-game discussion thread is identical to this.
Now that game is an albatross around the coach’s neck forever.
Dude, the Madagascar loss was an “embarrassment” because Herr Rohr did NOT really rest the starters (bar Akpeyi) - and we still lost! :oops:

Conversely, if we play backups against a desperate (and actually quite decent) Guinea-Bissau team and lose, it gives us a realistic assessment of our backups.

Here’s Rohr’s lineup versus Madagascar:

Ezenwa

Awaziem
Troost-Ekong
Balogun
Aina

Etebo
Ogu (Ndidi HT sub)

S. Kalu (Simon 2H sub)
Mikel (Iwobi 2H sub)
Musa

Ighalo
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

olu wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:35 am This would be my lineup for the 3rd game:

Uzoho
Ebuehi Ajayi Ekong Zaidu
Onyeka Nwakali
Chuwkueze Iwobi Ejuke
Awoniyi
Doc,

I modify your lineup like this
Uzoho
Ebuehi Ajayi Ekong Zaidu
Onyeka Ndidi
Chuwkueze Iheanacho Ejuke
Awoniyi

Following Eguavoen's "Spine" theory, we should maintain a central core (in bold) so as to keep some form of consistency
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Rest all those carrying cards.

Aribo, Aina, Ndidi.

Rest Simon as well.

Start Sadiq.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:49 pm Rest all those carrying cards.

Aribo, Aina, Ndidi.

Rest Simon as well.

Start Sadiq.
We played our 2nd team away at Cape Verde and won, so we shouldn’t have any problems beating Guinea Bissau
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:55 pm

Aribo, Aina, Ndidi.

Rest Simon as well.

Start Sadiq.
We played our 2nd team away at Cape Verde and won, so we shouldn’t have any problems beating Guinea Bissau
NO. NAME
1 Maduka Okoye
22 Kenneth Omeruo
20 Chidozie Awaziem
12 Abdullahi Shehu
3 Jamilu Collins
7 Ahmed Musa
8 Chidera Ejuke
13 Innocent Bonke
14 Kingsley Michael
15 Moses Simon
9 Victor Osimhen
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:16 pm

Aribo, Aina, Ndidi.

Rest Simon as well.

Start Sadiq.
NO. NAME
1 Maduka Okoye
22 Kenneth Omeruo (2nd team)
20 Chidozie Awaziem (2nd team)
12 Abdullahi Shehu (2nd team)

3 Jamilu Collins
7 Ahmed Musa (2nd team)
8 Chidera Ejuke (2nd team)
13 Innocent Bonke (2nd team)
14 Kingsley Michael (2nd team)

15 Moses Simon
9 Victor Osimhen
Yes, 2nd team. 7 non-starters when all players are available, including 2 debutants.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Uzoho
Ebuehi
Ajayi
Awaziem (if fit , if not Ekong)
Collins
Onyeka
Nwakali
Ejuke
Iwobi
Henry
Sadiq

Olayinka for Iwobi/Ejuke
Ndah for Awaziem/Troost

Everybody gets game time except Noble.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:29 pm Uzoho
Ebuehi
Ajayi
Awaziem (if fit , if not Ekong)
Collins
Onyeka
Nwakali
Ejuke
Iwobi
Henry
Sadiq

Olayinka for Iwobi/Ejuke
Ndah for Awaziem/Troost

Everybody gets game time except Noble.
And Akpeyi.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I remember we changed most of the team in that dead rubber match against Paraguay in 1998 WC and it ended up being a bad decision. The players didn't look sharp in the Round 16 match against Denmark and it could have been because they had a vey long break in between matches.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:25 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:16 pm

Aribo, Aina, Ndidi.

Rest Simon as well.

Start Sadiq.
NO. NAME
1 Maduka Okoye
22 Kenneth Omeruo (2nd team)
20 Chidozie Awaziem (2nd team)
12 Abdullahi Shehu (2nd team)

3 Jamilu Collins
7 Ahmed Musa (2nd team)
8 Chidera Ejuke (2nd team)
13 Innocent Bonke (2nd team)
14 Kingsley Michael (2nd team)

15 Moses Simon
9 Victor Osimhen
Yes, 2nd team. 7 non-starters when all players are available, including 2 debutants.
Stop it, Awaziem was a starter and had started all the previous games, same with Ejuke who had become a starter or almost so, Musa is the captain and started both this game and CAR game when 'all players were available', its really only Bonke and Michael that were really new on that team. So you can say maybe Shehu, Omeruo were the other ones that hadn't been so much of starters for **** at that point, but they've started many times for him over time.

What we are talking here is ringing out a complete change with players who haven't even gotten PT for Eguavoen or even made the bench yet. Will be interesting to see if he does it and how they play.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

IMO he should not make any changes to start.

This would be only his 4th game with the team, counting the practice match vs Cotton Sport.

Need to use the game to further the understanding of how he wants them to play.

Especially to build relationship between Kele and Awoniyi.

The changes can come from the hour mark onwards...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Cameroon vs Cape Verde and Cameron have not rested any of their important players. I think Abubacar is going to be the top scorer in this tournament he already has 5
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:03 pm Cameroon vs Cape Verde and Cameron have not rested any of their important players. I think Abubacar is going to be the top scorer in this tournament he already has 5
Those asking for changes don’t understand tournament football. Our key players should start and then Egu can make the 5 changes over the duration of the game. But I know Egu can’t resist starting his favourite players. We go see.

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:47 pm I remember we changed most of the team in that dead rubber match against Paraguay in 1998 WC and it ended up being a bad decision. The players didn't look sharp in the Round 16 match against Denmark and it could have been because they had a vey long break in between matches.
I was just thinking of this.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I’d rest Omeruo for Ndah, Ndidi for Onyeka, Moses for Ejuke and Aina for Ebuehi but not all from the start.
That would still allow for tactical and enforced changes.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

according to both Owngoal and ScoreNigeria we will lineup like this

GK: UZOHO
RB: EBUEHI
CB: TROOST
CB: AJAYI
LB: COLLINS
CM: NDIDI
CM: NWAKALI
LW: EJUKE
RW: IWOBI
ST: IHEANACHO
ST: OLAYINKA

My thoughts are that Ndidi should definately be rested, he is our only irreplaceable player. Why on earth would you not give Onyeka a run. If we are going to sit Awoniyi, then Sadiq should be getting the start.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

According to owngoal 8 changes will be made.
Uzoho
Ebuehi
Ajayi
Ekong
Collins
Ndidi
Nwakali
Iwobi
Ejuke
Iheneacho
Olayinka
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:32 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:09 am
Gotti wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:04 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:03 am No, the team still has a lot to work on. I will go with unchanged line up. Maybe Ebuehi for Aina that is on a yellow,
The "team" is actually more than just the starting lineup...

Best to have backup players game ready when/if called upon, and nothing could be better simulation of real-life competitive game conditions than using this dead rubber game. Meanwhile, imagine the horror if someone like Ndidi gets hurt playing in an essentially meaningless game like this.
Yep, I’d definitely go for safety first…
Problem here is, should things go wrong, we no go hear word again.
Everybody will forget how they said “rest this player; rest that player” and “the result is secondary” etc. :rotf:

Madagascar still haunts.
I’m sure the pre-game discussion thread is identical to this.
Now that game is an albatross around the coach’s neck forever.
The problem with your analogy is that pretty much everybody who started against Madagascar with the exception of maybe Ogu and Ezenwa were first teamers and even then those two had themselves started plenty of games
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:03 pm Cameroon vs Cape Verde and Cameron have not rested any of their important players. I think Abubacar is going to be the top scorer in this tournament he already has 5
Cameroon had not topped the group.

We have.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:53 pm according to both Owngoal and ScoreNigeria we will lineup like this

My thoughts are that Ndidi should definately be rested, he is our only irreplaceable player. Why on earth would you not give Onyeka a run. If we are going to sit Awoniyi, then Sadiq should be getting the start.
Onyeka will likely get a run out (probably 45 mins), I doubt Ndidi will play a full 90.

Is Olayinka not on the team abi he’s dead firewood? Why can’t he get a chance? Sadiq has had two…also expect Onyekuru to get a chance on the wings.
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:19 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:53 pm according to both Owngoal and ScoreNigeria we will lineup like this

Is Olayinka not on the team abi he’s dead firewood? Why can’t he get a chance? Sadiq has had two…
Sadiq has had two 10 minute cameos at the end of the match when the team tactics had changed.

I wouldn't consider that "a chance" to be honest, you cant really tell anything from that.

Sadiq should be starting with Olayinka getting a 10 minute cameo. Olayinka is here simply because of many withdrawls, Sadiq is a legit option who we are not fully accessing. Not a smart move.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:24 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:19 pm

Is Olayinka not on the team abi he’s dead firewood? Why can’t he get a chance? Sadiq has had two…
Sadiq has had two 10 minute cameos at the end of the match when the team tactics had changed.

Sadiq should be starting with Olayinka getting a 10 minute cameo. Olayinka is here simply because of many withdrawls, Sadiq is a legit option who we are not fully accessing. Not a smart move.
Are you in camp? Have you seen what the two are doing? Were your eyes closed when Sadiq came on twice? Do you think he did enough to justify more PT, and I don’t mean scoring, I mean hold up play, ball possession, linking with teammates, presence in the box, providing a threat etc? Do you think at this point we can count on Sadiq if Awoniyi goes down? Are we just hoping that with more time it would somehow click? Does a coach have the time to wait and hope in a tournament situation or does he need to get on with trying to find the players that are ready to give him what he wants (or at least a semblance of it). Or he should just go with who YOU like regardless of how they are playing? Mind you I was as much a Sadiq fan as you, but one must deal with reality…the drop off between Awoniyi and him has been gargantuan, and Taiwo himself is really only a back up striker in the grand scheme of things.
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!