Re: Nwakali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Zelex
Egg
Egg
Re: Re: Nwakali

Post by Zelex »

I thought Nwakali acquainted himself well (at AFCON level). GB are no pushovers. He faded in the 2nd half nevertheless a productive shift by him. I hope we see more of him.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

He's very tidy in possession. Good first touch, makes the right passes. Technically very very sound. Excellent in set pieces. Lacks hustle off the ball. Defensively, his positioning is often suspect, and not enough hustle to get back.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

amafolas wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:21 pm He's very tidy in possession. Good first touch, makes the right passes. Technically very very sound. Excellent in set pieces. Lacks hustle off the ball. Defensively, his positioning is often suspect, and not enough hustle to get back.
That is Nwakali…you can choose to accept his strengths and cover up for his weaknesses esp if you don’t have an equivalently gifted player that is also defensively sound and full of hustle. But after all these years those his weaknesses still abound so I don’t see him ‘fixing’ them anytime soon. But his class on the ball cannot be denied…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Eguavoen trying to help two players the most at AFCON after what Sadiq has

The jury is still out on whether Umar Sadiq can cut it at international level despite opening his account for the national team after only 81 minutes of action combined in three games.

The Almeria star looked a shadow of himself in his first two games against Egypt and Sudan after coming off the bench, so much so that the Nigerian press and Super Eagles fans were critical of him.

Manager Augustine Eguavoen didn't exactly help matters to build up the striker's confidence by openly criticizing the former Roma starlet at every opportunity during his press conferences.

Sadiq acknowledged that the interim Super Eagles boss has been trying to encourage him and Kelechi Nwakali the most being their first major tournament with the Super Eagles.

On what Eguavoen has been saying to him, Sadiq told NFF TV : "The coach is trying to help everyone of us most especially me and Nwakali, this is our first call-up to the Super Eagles and we are just trying to put ourselves more into the group with humbleness.

"I want to learn more, it is a special feeling for me being with these lads."

Sadid was relieved to score his first senior goal and explained why he trusted his abilities even after fumbling away a couple of chances.

"It's not an easy game, every game in this tournament is hard, and they came out to give everything.

"It's a special moment for me and my family and thank you for supporting us and keep supporting the Super Eagles.

"I am calm always because whenever I'm playing I have one chance I know the second one will come, the third one will come. I just have to keep being me and believing in myself," he added.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=42298
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:27 pm
amafolas wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:21 pm He's very tidy in possession. Good first touch, makes the right passes. Technically very very sound. Excellent in set pieces. Lacks hustle off the ball. Defensively, his positioning is often suspect, and not enough hustle to get back.
That is Nwakali…you can choose to accept his strengths and cover up for his weaknesses esp if you don’t have an equivalently gifted player that is also defensively sound and full of hustle. But after all these years those his weaknesses still abound so I don’t see him ‘fixing’ them anytime soon. But his class on the ball cannot be denied…
Read the highlighted, MACE promptly came to mind...
And sure enough, just as the night follows day time.... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I want to see a midfield trio of Ndidi, Aribo, and Nwakali
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

iworo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:54 pm Eguavoen trying to help two players the most at AFCON after what Sadiq has

The jury is still out on whether Umar Sadiq can cut it at international level despite opening his account for the national team after only 81 minutes of action combined in three games.

The Almeria star looked a shadow of himself in his first two games against Egypt and Sudan after coming off the bench, so much so that the Nigerian press and Super Eagles fans were critical of him.

Manager Augustine Eguavoen didn't exactly help matters to build up the striker's confidence by openly criticizing the former Roma starlet at every opportunity during his press conferences.

Sadiq acknowledged that the interim Super Eagles boss has been trying to encourage him and Kelechi Nwakali the most being their first major tournament with the Super Eagles.

On what Eguavoen has been saying to him, Sadiq told NFF TV : "The coach is trying to help everyone of us most especially me and Nwakali, this is our first call-up to the Super Eagles and we are just trying to put ourselves more into the group with humbleness.

"I want to learn more, it is a special feeling for me being with these lads."

Sadid was relieved to score his first senior goal and explained why he trusted his abilities even after fumbling away a couple of chances.

"It's not an easy game, every game in this tournament is hard, and they came out to give everything.

"It's a special moment for me and my family and thank you for supporting us and keep supporting the Super Eagles.

"I am calm always because whenever I'm playing I have one chance I know the second one will come, the third one will come. I just have to keep being me and believing in myself," he added.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=42298
A very unfair mischaracterization of Egu's comments IMO.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:32 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:27 pm
Read the highlighted, MACE promptly came to mind...
And sure enough, just as the night follows day time.... :lol:
Oga Gotti how you dey? Can a zebra change its stripes? And I mean that for both myself and Nwakali lol.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:12 pm Oga Gotti how you dey? Can a zebra change its stripes? And I mean that for both myself and Nwakali lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year dude!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:01 pm I want to see a midfield trio of Ndidi, Aribo, and Nwakali
I was thinking the same thing - but then what formation..3 5 2? We have powerful wingers like Simon and Chukwueze and well as overlapping defenders like Aina so how can we fit all of them in?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

donadoni wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:55 am
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:01 pm I want to see a midfield trio of Ndidi, Aribo, and Nwakali
I was thinking the same thing - but then what formation..3 5 2? We have powerful wingers like Simon and Chukwueze and well as overlapping defenders like Aina so how can we fit all of them in?
A back three of Ekong, Omeruoh and Ajayi. A midfield of Ndidi, Aribo, Nwakali, with Samu and Simon as wingbacks, Awoniyi and Nacho upfront. Iwobi can be subbed in for Nwakali, Sanusi for Simon and Aina for Samu.

Not suggesting Eku does this, just answering your question.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Nwakali is the kind of player that has to be on the right team all the time. He is clearly a talented player, but he is bordering on being a luxury player, and nobody is building a team around him anytime soon.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

theYemster wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:54 am
A back three of Ekong, Omeruoh and Ajayi. A midfield of Ndidi, Aribo, Nwakali, with Samu and Simon as wingbacks, Awoniyi and Nacho upfront. Iwobi can be subbed in for Nwakali, Sanusi for Simon and Aina for Samu.

Or just drop Awoniyi…..he does not play the target striker very well esp. not against bullish defenders.

Play Kelechi almost like a false 9 (it is not like we are crossing the ball anytime soon)and let Aribo and Kelechi find the runners in Samu and Simon
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:49 am

Or just drop Awoniyi…..he does not play the target striker very well esp. not against bullish defenders.

Play Kelechi almost like a false 9 (it is not like we are crossing the ball anytime soon)and let Aribo and Kelechi find the runners in Samu and Simon
Interestingly those 3 actually played together in the Egypt game as Nwakali replaced Iheanacho to close out the game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:49 am

What an original thought🤐❗️

Cheers.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Kelechi has never worked as a line-leading striker. He just isn't that. His game isn't that.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

amafolas wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:05 pm Kelechi has never worked as a line-leading striker. He just isn't that. His game isn't that.
Do u need that anymore? Teams are now doing without a “line-leading” striker….

Esp. Since ours ain’t prolific….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

He has been consistent for the most part of this season but in recent weeks has taken his game to a whole different level with his performances
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Sunset wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:51 pm He has been consistent for the most part of this season but in recent weeks has taken his game to a whole different level with his performances
NFF QUOTA rule means there's probably no room for him.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:51 pm He has been consistent for the most part of this season but in recent weeks has taken his game to a whole different level with his performances
So happy for the boy. This is exactly what we need in MF. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!