Re: Nwakali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

The guy does the basics really well.. Simple one touch when needed to take out markers. Opens up to receive the ball. Our team didn’t feel Sudanese momentum/pressure after that penalty because of a very stabilized midfield. This is one thing Rhor woefully failed at. Under Rhor Unnecessary pressure on the back line over and over and over again due to lack of ball retaining midfield reinforcement. Eguavoen is getting his tactics spot-on! Nwakali is an asset to this team!
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I hope he gets a full run out against Guinea Bissau, the boy can ball.
sabb
Egg
Egg
Re: Re: Nwakali

Post by sabb »

with Aribo on yellow he might get a start
GB look better and faster than the Sudanese plus they close spaces quicker so it will be a good test for the guys who are yet to get a run in
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Solid player. Only dunces think he's not playing well.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He didn’t even get out of second gear. Look forward to see him start the next game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I don't think he has played bad.

If the argument is that he is not as good as what we would like...then fine, but you cannot say that he has played bad.

His last play of the game for example was very good. I don't think he has played himself out of contention. I think he should start the last game.

I think Aribo can rest. Iwobi can also start. Perhaps Onyekuru too.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Agents.. :D
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Nwakali and Iwobi today were excellent in their substitute roles. I have to say Iwobi is playing like somebody who has something to prove. I have been very impressed with him.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:42 am Nwakali and Iwobi today were excellent in their substitute roles. I have to say Iwobi is playing like somebody who has something to prove. I have been very impressed with him.
Both Iwobi and Nwakali were great.

You can tell Nwakali is comfortable with the ball, can dribble, and has vision and distribution. Kind of midfielder we need, but don't know of he has the lungs.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:42 am Nwakali and Iwobi today were excellent in their substitute roles. I have to say Iwobi is playing like somebody who has something to prove. I have been very impressed with him.
Ugbowo,

Great observation. I agree entirely. Iwobi may be pressured. If you notice, he is really the regularly starter on Rohr's team that has found himself relegated to the bench under Egu. I believe it has to be on his mind and I am glad he is fighting back to earn a place and today was excellent for him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

sabb wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:11 am with Aribo on yellow he might get a start
GB look better and faster than the Sudanese plus they close spaces quicker so it will be a good test for the guys who are yet to get a run in
He was decent enough. Neat and simple.
Meanwhile, I am really keen on seeing Ndah start.
I think he will be well suited to the more physical GB team.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

asabatex wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:16 amAgents.. :D

:rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:48 am

You can tell Nwakali is comfortable with the ball, can dribble, and has vision and distribution. Kind of midfielder we need, but don't know of he has the lungs.
Aribo is the type of midfielder you need
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ANC wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:14 am

Aribo is rubbish Nwakali is the truth…. See how he kept passing it back to retain the ball, he tried to dribble and lost it and he learnt from it….

I like players like that. Even when Ndidi was frustrated with the back passing….he kept doing it to show that he is not afraid of anyone…

He was the best yesterday
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I think the midfield got weaker with Nwakali's introduction. The attacking drive from the midfield reduced to. Maybe they put their foot of the gas because they were 2 goals up
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enyi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:00 am
ANC wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:14 am

Aribo is rubbish Nwakali is the truth…. See how he kept passing it back to retain the ball, he tried to dribble and lost it and he learnt from it….

I like players like that. Even when Ndidi was frustrated with the back passing….he kept doing it to show that he is not afraid of anyone…

He was the best yesterday
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

chief nfachairman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:16 am I think the midfield got weaker with Nwakali's introduction. The attacking drive from the midfield reduced to. Maybe they put their foot of the gas because they were 2 goals up
Nah, the Midfield actually got stronger in possession and domination, I would say the attack actually suffered but that didn't matter as we were 3 goals up, the aim was to manage the game and simply kill the game with possession and passing in the last 20 mins and Nwakali understood his assignment really well.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Even Eguavoen said that Nwakali is too slow and that when he came on, he didn't do exactly what he was asked to do. Yet some people think he's the next Maradona. Someone here is even downplaying Aribo :lol: .
Nwakali may start against Guinea Bissau cos we've already qualified, but no right thinking coach anywhere in the world will pick him over Aribo.
Anyways, Agents are out to make money. :lol: :lol:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:36 am Even Eguavoen said that Nwakali is too slow and that when he came on, he didn't do exactly what he was asked to do. Yet some people think he's the next Maradona. Someone here is even downplaying Aribo :lol: .
Nwakali may start against Guinea Bissau cos we've already qualified, but no right thinking coach anywhere in the world will pick him over Aribo.
I thought that was Sadiq he was referring to?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I was reading some commentary during the game regarding Nwakali and one will think, that he had a bad game. Frankly, I was very impressed by nwakali and his today performance was his best for SE this far.. The man controlled the tempo of the game with his slick and accurate passes while also creating spaces around his team mate. To me, 424 isn’t a balanced formation and in the long run, we need to accommodate an extra midfielder. Aribo or Iwobi should play as an AM while Nwakali, ndidi, onyeka and etebo should play as a CM/DM respectfully
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:36 am Even Eguavoen said that Nwakali is too slow and that when he came on, he didn't do exactly what he was asked to do. Yet some people think he's the next Maradona. Someone here is even downplaying Aribo :lol: .
Aribo has impressed in this tournament and no right thinking manager will play Nwakali ahead of him. However let's bear in mind that Nwakal may start next game because the game isn't critical for Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:47 am
chief nfachairman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:16 am I think the midfield got weaker with Nwakali's introduction. The attacking drive from the midfield reduced to. Maybe they put their foot of the gas because they were 2 goals up
Nah, the Midfield actually got stronger in possession and domination, I would say the attack actually suffered but that didn't matter as we were 3 goals up, the aim was to manage the game and simply kill the game with possession and passing in the last 20 mins and Nwakali understood his assignment really well.
What the previous post fails to understand is that after the Penalty, Sudan had a momentum based on the typical dynamics of a match of that nature. It was utterly and totally neutralized by the midfield ball retention instigated by Nwakali’s presence. It was cruise control by Nigeria without any sort of pressure.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:58 am The guy does the basics really well.. Simple one touch when needed to take out markers. Opens up to receive the ball. Our team didn’t feel Sudanese momentum/pressure after that penalty because of a very stabilized midfield. This is one thing Rhor woefully failed at. Under Rhor Unnecessary pressure on the back line over and over and over again due to lack of ball retaining midfield reinforcement. Eguavoen is getting his tactics spot-on! Nwakali is an asset to this team!
Similar to Mikel's calming play. Thank goodness we are having so many options now.. even Etebo is back training
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved