What is the current tiebreaker rule?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
What is the current tiebreaker rule?

Post by Enugu II »

Who is up to date with rules for tiebreaker in AFCON? I recall this was announced a few weeks back. Help!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: What is the current tiebreaker rule?

Post by Otitokoro »

AFCON 2021 Regulations, Rule 74.2.1 somewhat confirms your initial assertion regarding head to head.
Nigeria therefore should win the group, regardless of the result against Guinea Bissau.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What is the current tiebreaker rule?

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:29 am AFCON 2021 Regulations, Rule 74.2.1 somewhat confirms your initial assertion regarding head to head.
Nigeria therefore should win the group, regardless of the result against Guinea Bissau.
Thanks. I was not certain whether my information was accurate.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics