Awoniyi and Simon Moses have the best present so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awoniyi and Simon Moses have the best present so far

Post by maceo4 »

If the issue is setting, wouldn’t it be more prudent to allow him to settle THEN call him?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Don't mind people posting with feelings. If Awoniyi was deadly he would have had at least 2 - 3 goals already. He's had that many chances.

I am eager to see what Olayinka and Onyekuru have to offer since we've Awoniyi and Sadiq.
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm Awoniyi is just okay. If Osimhen and Ighalo were here, he wouldn't get any minutes. He is still learning.

Simi Nwankwo is another one we need to try again, though age is not on his side.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:20 pm If the issue is setting, wouldn’t it be more prudent to allow him to settle THEN call him?
Abi? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:16 am Don't mind people posting with feelings. If Awoniyi was deadly he would have had at least 2 - 3 goals already. He's had that many chances.

I am eager to see what Olayinka and Onyekuru have to offer since we've Awoniyi and Sadiq.
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm Awoniyi is just okay. If Osimhen and Ighalo were here, he wouldn't get any minutes. He is still learning.

Simi Nwankwo is another one we need to try again, though age is not on his side.
im not holding out much hope for Onyekuru tbh.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oyek wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:51 am Wow omey2k4, you're still on this page? welcome back.
I agree Awoniyi's work rate is crucial upfront but his finishing makes one miss Osimhen.
You probably should go look up Yekini's early Super Eagles career. He wasn't as good as Awoniyi is right now. And then...

It'd be interesting to see if both Awoniyi and Osimhen play together.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:56 am
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:16 am Don't mind people posting with feelings. If Awoniyi was deadly he would have had at least 2 - 3 goals already. He's had that many chances.

Does the guy know that Onyekuru has played in more games than Awoniyi who's barely played three games?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

theYemster wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:32 am

Does the guy know that Onyekuru has played in more games than Awoniyi who's barely played three games?
TheYemster,

The fact is that Awoniyi has shown far more than Onyekuru who has played more games. It is not even close. Awoniyi is clearly a better player for Nigeria. You can take that to the bank.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am talking about in this tournament. In fact I even mentioned in one of my posts that if Awoniyi continue to "play well" and don't score he will get the Onyekuru treatment of getting invited as an aftter-thought!

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:31 pm I am not the one putting pressure on Awoniyi, the situation is. Or maybe you would like him to be the next Onyekuru that is only considered when all else fails.

airwolex wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:19 pm 1Naija said Awoniyi is under pressure because he hasn't scored in 2 games. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Naija can put pressure on people sha

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

omey2k4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 am ive noticed people are under estimating the presence of Awoniyi on our team. His work rate is very good, ball retention is also very good especially when his back is on goal,create space to run into the box that's great ability and he has been consistent as a perfumer in 2 games, only thing he can really improve on finishing and once he can get that he will be extremely lethal.

Simon Moses so far has been our best player consistently in 2 games, he attacks forward when runs at defenders, good with his back, hardly losses possession of the ball even with immense pressure on his,Godforbid we lose a player like him in this tournament we might struggle creatively...

I just find it interesting how ive noticed people down play Awoniyi in this tournament..he has actually made a great case for himself so far.
Omey na you be this? 😳
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:56 pm
theYemster wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:32 am

TheYemster,

The fact is that Awoniyi has shown far more than Onyekuru who has played more games. It is not even close. Awoniyi is clearly a better player for Nigeria. You can take that to the bank.
I totally agree. That was my point.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯