Awoniyi and Simon Moses have the best present so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Awoniyi and Simon Moses have the best present so far

Post by omey2k4 »

ive noticed people are under estimating the presence of Awoniyi on our team. His work rate is very good, ball retention is also very good especially when his back is on goal,create space to run into the box that's great ability and he has been consistent as a perfumer in 2 games, only thing he can really improve on finishing and once he can get that he will be extremely lethal.

Simon Moses so far has been our best player consistently in 2 games, he attacks forward when runs at defenders, good with his back, hardly losses possession of the ball even with immense pressure on his,Godforbid we lose a player like him in this tournament we might struggle creatively...

I just find it interesting how ive noticed people down play Awoniyi in this tournament..he has actually made a great case for himself so far.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Awoniyi and Simon Moses have the best present so far

Post by gochino »

We have very emotional fans on this site they just over react. Awoniyi and Simon have been very good, even Sodiq has not been bad.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Awoniyi has been very good, but ultimately centre forwards' have got to be able to bang in the goals. His conversion rate hasn't been good so far and if we are to contend for this trophy, he's got to do better.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Wow omey2k4, you're still on this page? welcome back.
I agree Awoniyi's work rate is crucial upfront but his finishing makes one miss Osimhen.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oyek wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:51 am Wow omey2k4, you're still on this page? welcome back.
I agree Awoniyi's work rate is crucial upfront but his finishing makes one miss Osimhen.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder’ they say, but I am beginning to wonder whether Osimhen’s prowess is beginning to take on mythological proportions. :rotf:

The guy dey miss chances nah and we have gone games when we have lacked sharpness up front with him in the line up.
Relax.
Both Awoniyi and Osimhen have strengths and weaknesses. They are both still learning and they’ll be the first to tell you that.
The difference is not that clear cut as we are making
Just dey happy say we get both, and more. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 am We have very emotional fans on this site they just over react. Awoniyi and Simon have been very good, even Sodiq has not been bad.
Exactly.
They say woman wey no get plenti cloth no dey waste time dress for morning.
We are basically debating an abundance of riches - something we haven’t been able to do in decades. That was a time when we had Finidi and Babangida on the RW and JJ and Kanu in AM.
We are again blessed.

Other countries just use what limited options they have and get on with it. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Moses Simon has been very good but he has been frustratingly poor in his crosses delivery and the timing of the proper release of the ball. Hopefully he will improve on these two aspects.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Simon was awesome yesterday. A goal and an assist, what I like about him is that he is always positive.

I am pleasantly surprised by Awoniyi. He has really improved in his time in Union. Hardworking, athletic, good holdup play and surprisingly good linking up with others.

We are truly blessed
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Simon was awesome yesterday. A goal and an assist, what I like about him is that he is always positive.

I am pleasantly surprised by Awoniyi. He has really improved in his time in Union. Hardworking, athletic, good holdup play and surprisingly good linking up with others.

We are truly blessed
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I’m still not sold on Simon. Yea, he was impressive yesterday but let’s consider the opponent. For now, I am glad that Simon has improved so far at this tournament even though, his end product (Crosses) are atrocious
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I have not read a single post here questioning Awoniyi's presence, commitment, work rate, or heart. He works as hard as any player on the team. But he is a forward trying to break into a team packed with successful forwards. No amount of "feelings" post will change the fact that his presence or whatever you call.it has not paid off so far except for the accidental goal yesterday. If the choice today is between Ighalo and Awoniyi for the last forward spot in the team, i would pick Ighalo because he possesses all.the qualities you ascribe to Awoniyi AND ALSO SCORES!!! That has been the point. Not all the other emotional outburst posts that people have been posting. If Rohr was still the coach we wont be having this conversation. Because love him or hate him, he selects players based on performance.

Like i said before, when Iheanacho did not perform he was dropped. Likewise uzoho, Aina, and even Ighalo himself. Its about delivering the goods. Like Michael said in the Godfather, it's business, not personal!!!
omey2k4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 am ive noticed people are under estimating the presence of Awoniyi on our team. His work rate is very good, ball retention is also very good especially when his back is on goal,create space to run into the box that's great ability and he has been consistent as a perfumer in 2 games, only thing he can really improve on finishing and once he can get that he will be extremely lethal.

Simon Moses so far has been our best player consistently in 2 games, he attacks forward when runs at defenders, good with his back, hardly losses possession of the ball even with immense pressure on his,Godforbid we lose a player like him in this tournament we might struggle creatively...

I just find it interesting how ive noticed people down play Awoniyi in this tournament..he has actually made a great case for himself so far.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Btw, welcome back.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:36 pm I’m still not sold on Simon. Yea, he was impressive yesterday but let’s consider the opponent. For now, I am glad that Simon has improved so far at this tournament even though, his end product (Crosses) are atrocious
Who cares who you are sold on? Which opponent are you considering? Egypt? I'm sure you are sold on Mahrez that can't get past Sierra Leone.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:31 am
gochino wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 am We have very emotional fans on this site they just over react. Awoniyi and Simon have been very good, even Sodiq has not been bad.
Exactly.
They say woman wey no get plenti cloth no dey waste time dress for morning.
We are basically debating an abundance of riches - something we haven’t been able to do in decades. That was a time when we had Finidi and Babangida on the RW and JJ and Kanu in AM.
We are again blessed.

Other countries just use what limited options they have and get on with it. :thumb:
Indeed. Most countries in the world would kill to have Osimhen, Awoniyi and Iheanacho in their attacking pool❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:00 pm I have not read a single post here questioning Awoniyi's presence, commitment, work rate, or heart. He works as hard as any player on the team. But he is a forward trying to break into a team packed with successful forwards. No amount of "feelings" post will change the fact that his presence or whatever you call.it has not paid off so far except for the accidental goal yesterday. If the choice today is between Ighalo and Awoniyi for the last forward spot in the team, i would pick Ighalo because he possesses all.the qualities you ascribe to Awoniyi AND ALSO SCORES!!! That has been the point. Not all the other emotional outburst posts that people have been posting. If Rohr was still the coach we wont be having this conversation. Because love him or hate him, he selects players based on performance.

Like i said before, when Iheanacho did not perform he was dropped. Likewise uzoho, Aina, and even Ighalo himself. Its about delivering the goods. Like Michael said in the Godfather, it's business, not personal!!!
omey2k4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 am ive noticed people are under estimating the presence of Awoniyi on our team. His work rate is very good, ball retention is also very good especially when his back is on goal,create space to run into the box that's great ability and he has been consistent as a perfumer in 2 games, only thing he can really improve on finishing and once he can get that he will be extremely lethal.

This is your senility raring it’s ugly head again. You started out with a fairly logical analysis of the attacking personnel but then you veered off into an illogical assessment of Rohr. Rohr did not drop Iheanacho based on his independent assessment of Iheanacho’s performance. He dropped him based on third party presumed opinion, ie the fact the Rogers was benching Iheanacho which, by the way, wasn’t due to performance as much as it was due to personnel preferences. Has it ever occurred to you that Iheanacho’s absence from AFCON 2019 may have cost Nigeria a spot in the finals? So much for Rohr’s “performance-based” selections❗️

Cheers.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

All Omey meant, and I may be wrong, is that the play of Simon and Taiwo, is a pleasant surprise. There is no need bringing in players that are not around or talking about a WC, that we have not even qualified for.

Just enjoy the play of these two great players.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

1naija we are playing with what we have and lets agree that so far since Rohr exit we have played with purpose and its been good to see.
I hope he gets sharper infront of goal and that will be good for Nigeria I n the long run.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Nobody in the SE matches Osimhen's workrate. Not even close.

Even Kante would praise Osimhen's workrate.

Osimhen works hard in all phases of play. He works hard when we lose the ball, he works hard in transition, he works hard when advancing the play. He works hard on the ground, he works hard aerially. Why do you think he has so many facial/shoulder injuries? Did you think it was a coincidence?

Osimhen might be the first player that I might even advise to REDUCE his workrate. His body is taking too much punishment. We might end up with a gem that we only have for a short time (like Amuneke, though not comparing their injuries/circumstances).

So if you want to say that Awoniyi is a gem, as in, in ADDITION to Osimhen, then fine. But if you are making some sort of comparison, I would proceed to slap you silly.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Awoniyi is just okay. If Osimhen and Ighalo were here, he wouldn't get any minutes. He is still learning.

Simi Nwankwo is another one we need to try again, though age is not on his side.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm Awoniyi is just okay. If Osimhen and Ighalo were here, he wouldn't get any minutes. He is still learning.

Simi Nwankwo is another one we need to try again, though age is not on his side.
Why Simi though? Have you been following him this season? Not been a good one…of all our strikers in Serie A this season’s standouts have been Okereke and the newly in form Isaac Success…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:52 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm Awoniyi is just okay. If Osimhen and Ighalo were here, he wouldn't get any minutes. He is still learning.

Why Simi though? Have you been following him this season? Not been a good one…of all our strikers in Serie A this season’s standouts have been Okereke and the newly in form Isaac Success…
20 goals in Serie A last season is no joke especially for a club that got relegated. Yes he hasn't scored that much in his new club but we can't write him off yet. The 20 goals last season is enough to have another look at him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:03 pm

20 goals in Serie A last season is no joke especially for a club that got relegated. Yes he hasn't scored that much in his new club but we can't write him off yet. The 20 goals last season is enough to have another look at him.
Over in form players? Interesting, but doesn’t make sense to me unless there’s some attribute/strength that the team requires that only he can provide regardless of form, otherwise I would stick with the form rule esp as Success and Okerekes strengths more so fit how SE play…but hey as long as they are Nigerian there’s always a chance to be called…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:51 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:03 pm

Over in form players? Interesting, but doesn’t make sense to me unless there’s some attribute/strength that the team requires that only he can provide regardless of form, otherwise I would stick with the form rule esp as Success and Okerekes strengths more so fit how SE play…but hey as long as they are Nigerian there’s always a chance to be called…
Simi is in a new club and we know how players can take some time to settle in a new environment with new team members. It doesn't mean he is off form. He could be adjusting to a new formation and new players. Lets have a look at him. I strongly believe he is next in line as our main supporting striker behind Osimhen. You can't ignore his experience and record.