Please What is eguavoen Target??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Please What is eguavoen Target??

Post by john12 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:55 pm Dude is trolling :rotf: he has no clue what the NFF are up to with this Afcon
Unfortunately, I am not trolling 1 bit. NFF said that eguavoen is hired on a temporary basis and the Portuguese coach will take over after ANC. Even so, there should still be a target at this tournament. What if, eguavoen wins this tournament, are we going to continue with a no name Portuguese? Trolling kor eating ni
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:52 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:49 pm
john12 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:40 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:38 pm Under the circumstances, we can’t be setting targets for someone who only had just over 2 weeks notice to the start of the tournament. It is not done.

Yes, you should that’s how to access if his performance was a success or failure.. abeg don’t give me nonsense like, he played good football

Contracts don’t have targets and are not necessarily made public. And as has been pointed out severally, Egu is a caretaker (for now at least).
Not really sure what this thread is about.

He is a caretaker should not negate “NFF target” ((Caretaker or not) An employee must set a target for a coach in order to access that coach performance. How difficult is this to comprehend??
You said:

“ If that’s the target, it should be on his written contract and public be aware of”

Everyone is trying to tell you, quite politely for CE, it doesn’t work that way.

Egu himself has said he’s here to win it. But as there are no consequences to his achievement (he is an interim), the point is kinda mute.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:51 am Personally, I don’t GAF about a team performance I.e attacking football, dribbling etc. when I am judging my players or coaches. The metric of consideration is “Result” “contractual target” “end product”. This made me to ask a question
1) What is eguavoen Written contractual target? Baba Rohr met all his target I.e 3rd place (nations cup) and World Cup appearance so what’s Eguavoen Contractual Agreement??
None. Does it make any sense for a stand-in to have a target❓❗️

Cheers.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:15 pm
john12 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:51 am Personally, I don’t GAF about a team performance I.e attacking football, dribbling etc. when I am judging my players or coaches. The metric of consideration is “Result” “contractual target” “end product”. This made me to ask a question
1) What is eguavoen Written contractual target? Baba Rohr met all his target I.e 3rd place (nations cup) and World Cup appearance so what’s Eguavoen Contractual Agreement??

Cheers.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for an interim coach to not have a target. Shikena e no make sense at all at all
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:18 pm

Cheers.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for an interim coach to not have a target. Shikena e no make sense at all at all
What would be the purpose of a target when, win or lose, he’ll be gone anyway❗️

Cheers.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:22 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
If he wins the tournament, there’s no way that Nigeria will accept his exit. NEVER! moreover, my reasons for employees setting target is to judge how their coach performed
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:24 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:22 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
If he wins the tournament, there’s no way that Nigeria will accept his exit. NEVER! moreover, my reasons for employees setting target is to judge how their coach performed
go through the WAhala of canceling a
contract? Have you heard such before
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

As far as I can recall Nigeria has never gone to a nations cup without the target of winning it. When you are a 3 times champion and 7 times finalist of a competition it’s obvious what your target is. It’s like asking Brazil what their target is when they go to the World Cup. Our target is to win, but Egu is not under pressure because he was drafted in from his main job to help out in a crisis
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

donadoni wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:43 pm As far as I can recall Nigeria has never gone to a nations cup without the target of winning it. When you are a 3 times champion and 7 times finalist of a competition it’s obvious what your target is. It’s like asking Brazil what their target is when they go to the World Cup. Our target is to win, but Egu is not under pressure because he was drafted in from his main job to help out in a crisis
Having the goal of winning AFCON, which we always should, is not the same as setting a target for any particular coach, something that has retention implications❗️

Cheers.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Someone is still salty about Rohr. Sorry...Rohr had his good moments (I still watch that 4-0 win against Cameroon from time to time) but he had nothing new to offer in his last two years and NFF were correct to fire him. You should be asking about Peserios' target.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

How can you talk of retention implications for someone who has not even been hired? There is no contract for you to retain. Basically anything you get from Egu after giving him 2 weeks to train a team is a bonus. For him to go on and win the group in two games and now be discussed by the media as a favorite to win the cup is already way beyond what is fair to expect from any interim coach under the circumstances. Anything further we get from him is “Jara”. If we then decide to actually fire the Portuguese guy and hire Egu that is when you can start talking about setting targets for him
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Baba John12,
Every coach must have a target. No mind all these people. Me I actually have very top secret insider information at NFF about the targets they set for Egu. Here they are:

1) The other top sides in Africa have many players in the world's top teams while Nigeria barely has none in this tournament. Therefore we should expect a 1st round exit. If we open yansh for any team with a Liverpool player in it, then it's okay, and our team must be applauded because we have none.

2) Due to the above, we are perpetual learners. So we are there to learn. This one is a very big target o. In fact we should judge Egu as having failed if he and his team fail to learn after their 1st round exit

As you can see, the targets have been exceeded.