Agents Agents Agents

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Agents Agents Agents

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:10 pm This is the main and primary factor that mattered to Rohr.
Exactly! Ezenwa, John Noble and Mathew Yakubu were super tall...oh wait 8-)
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:27 pm
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:10 pm This is the main and primary factor that mattered to Rohr.
Exactly! Ezenwa, John Noble and Mathew Yakubu were super tall...oh wait 8-)
Naija keeper heights as listed online:

Ezenwa - 6'1
John Noble- 6'0
Matthew Yakubu- 6'0

Keepers that Rohr repeatedly gave caps
Okoye- 6'6
Uzoho- 6'5

His fixation on height is well documented. What is your point?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:37 pm Naija keeper heights as listed online:

Ezenwa - 6'1
John Noble- 6'0
Matthew Yakubu- 6'0

Keepers that Rohr repeatedly gave caps
Okoye- 6'6
Uzoho- 6'5

His fixation on height is well documented. What is your point?
6 feet is NOT particularly "tall" for a GK...

There are SEVERAL GKs in Nigeria even taller (Emma Daniel, Detan Ogundare, etc.)...
Heck, Chigozie Agbim is even taller than Ezenwa and Noble, but "fixation on height" didn't apply? :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: go pick your fight with Alloy Agu and Rohr who made the gk decisions they made. Like I said, Rohr was fixated on hight and it is well documented.

Yakubu:
Assessing the weakness and strengths of Yakubu, Rohr pointed out that the former Flying Eagles star does not have the average goalkeeper height but has a good leap, and is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

"During the training sessions Yakubu did very well, first time with us, he's now 21 and still progressing," Rohr said.

"He is playing regularly in his club in Slovakia and our goalkeeper coach has said that he's on the right way and he has a good future also, strong legs, playing well with the foot.

"He's not so tall like the other one but he jumps very well.
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=37653

Uzoho
“Francis is good and tall, and he is ready to learn. He did well in the friendly games against Argentina and Poland with two clean sheets and conceded two goals against Serbia in his third game in which I experimented with some players and tactics.” He said.
https://theworldnews.net/ng-news/super- ... s-weakness
https://africanfootball.com/news/747615 ... r-one-spot

And its not restricted to goalkeepers:

Onuachu
“Paul Onuachu, he will play for at least 45 minutes or even more. We are searching for a player with his profile, tall, he is more than two meters tall. We have Ighalo already and we are very satisfied with what he’s doing since the World Cup.
https://www.jivenaija.com/sports/footba ... ernot-rohr

Ozornwafor
“We also have (Ikechukwu) Ezenwa and Valentine (Ozornwafor), who is a tall left-footed defender. So it will be interesting to see the new players in at least one of the two games.

“So, it’s already a competition for our list for AFCON.”
https://www.completesports.com/rohr-afc ... er-eagles/

Semi Ajayi

"Then, Semi Ajayi, a tall defender who fits into the quality of defenders we are looking for."
https://www.completesports.com/intervie ... eychelles/

Ndidi and Ogu
” I love Ogu because he is very disciplined and also very tall like Ndidi which is good for teams with tall players like South Africa which we played last Saturday. We need a good balance between tall and short players in our team. If he finds a new club he will progress better than he is presently.”
https://sportinglife.ng/rohr-wants-ogu- ... li-league/

Simi Nwankwo
“We saw many teams at the World Cup with big and tall strikers,” the 65-year-old said.

“Simy can do that, hence I invited him (for the match against Seychelles).”
https://punchng.com/why-i-believe-in-simy-nwankwo-rohr/

Like i said, well documented :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:10 pm Like I said, Rohr was fixated on hight and it is well documented.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yes, he selected Ndidi for being "tall", and not for being one of the best DMs in today's game. Onuachu's selection was for being "tall" (though Rohr's team did not play high balls and crosses), and had nothing to do with bagging 35 goals last season. Meanwhile, did Simy Nwankwo shrink over the past few years when Rohr stopped calling him up? Did Rohr include the "tall" Ozornwafor in his provisional AFCON list? Or did he also shrink? Exactly how "tall" were the likes of Maja, Otabor-Solomon, etc?

Meanwhile, if being "tall" was the principal reason for calling up GKs (even dodgy ones), why not call up someone like ex-youth international Adewale Adeyinka, who is taller than Ezenwa, Noble and Yakubu - and who set the all-time NPFL record with 16 (sixteen) clean sheets last season!

As the thread title ironically hints "agents, agents, agents"! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:32 pm
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:10 pm Like I said, Rohr was fixated on hight and it is well documented.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yes, he selected Ndidi for being "tall", and not for being one of the best DMs in today's game. Onuachu's selection was for being "tall" (though Rohr's team did not play high balls and crosses), and had nothing to do with bagging 35 goals last season. Meanwhile, did Simy Nwankwo shrink over the past few years when Rohr stopped calling him up? Did Rohr include the "tall" Ozornwafor in his provisional AFCON list? Or did he also shrink? Exactly how "tall" were the likes of Maja, Otabor-Solomon, etc?

Meanwhile, if being "tall" was the principal reason for calling up GKs (even dodgy ones), why not call up someone like ex-youth international Adewale Adeyinka, who is taller than Ezenwa, Noble and Yakubu - and who set the all-time NPFL record with 16 (sixteen) clean sheets last season!

Again, feel free to go and ask Alloy Agu and Rohr your questions. Like I said, he widely explained his preference for TALL goalkeepers. It is well documented. No matter how much rubbish red herring you type, it will not change the FACT that he made clear (As documented repeatedly above) that he preferred tall goalkeepers.

😂😂😂 ahh of course I'm an agent :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:45 pm 😂😂😂 ahh of course I'm an agent
English is not a terribly difficult language to understand...smh
No one called YOU an agent - unless you were making Rohr's dodgy callups, in which case :woot:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:51 pm
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:45 pm 😂😂😂 ahh of course I'm an agent
English is not a terribly difficult language to understand...smh
No one called YOU an agent - unless you were the person making Rohr's callups, in which case :woot:
Forgive me, English can a quite difficult language to understand for some of us uneducated villagers.

Please explain to us slow ones the inclusion of the following in a post responding to me then? 🤔

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:56 pmForgive me, English can a quite difficult language to understand for some of us uneducated villagers.

Please explain to us slow ones the inclusion of the following in a post responding to me then? 🤔
What exactly did you understand the discourse to be about (the headline is always a good hint)?

Anyway, apparently since some of you cannot have a non-ad hominen discourse, if you think the thread (or posts) is about YOU, feel free to do so. Perhaps there's something you know that we don't. SMH

PS: Btw, you may very well be "uneducated" (which has little to do with going to school)...
But please don't drag villagers, most of whom I find to be quite enlightened, into your situation.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:02 pm

What exactly did you understand the discourse to be about (the headline is always a good hint)?

Anyway, apparently since some of you cannot have a non-ad hominen discourse, if you think the thread (or posts) is about YOU, feel free to do so. Perhaps there's something you know that we don't. SMH

My sole post in the "discourse" was very specific. It simply affirmed a statement Fabio made about Rohr's goalkeeper preferences. That's it. It's helpful to learn and understand the context of a post before you quote and type out a response.
PS: Btw, you may very well be "uneducated" (which has little to do with going to school)...
Thanks for clarifying, although, I never mentioned anything about "going to school" but sure, I gree sey I am uneducated, and I also no go school. Did I miss anything else?
Anyway, apparently since some of you cannot have a non-ad hominen discourse,
You made the "ironic" reference to a hint from the "agents agents agents" thread title in responding to a post I made that did absolutely nothing to refute my post.

You made the statement about "English not being a difficult language to understand" in a post responding to me.

Neither of those have anything to do with my post, nor the topic at hand. You, should be the last one to talk about "non-ad hominen" [sic] discourse. (I could have sworn the word was "ad hominem" but then again, as we have established, I no go school and I no sabi understand English, so I'm probably wrong about that too....

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:32 pmNeither of those have anything to do with my post, nor the topic at hand. You, should be the last one to talk about "non-ad hominen" [sic] discourse. (I could have sworn the word was "ad hominem" but then again, as we have established, I no go school and I no sabi understand English, so I'm probably wrong about that too....
Congrats, you have spell-check... :lol:
Confusing spelling for knowledge is probably why you're triggered by the "uneducated" reference. SMH

You proffered a substantive opinion that I disputed...
And you got your panties in an ad hominem twist (Mr. Spell-Checker, did I spell it right this time? :lol: ).

Dude, get past your juvenile drivel and revert to SUBSTANCE! SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:32 pmYou made the "ironic" reference to a hint from the "agents agents agents" thread title in responding to a post I made that did absolutely nothing to refute my post.
Yes, pointing out TALLER (and even better) GKs in the NPFL does nothing to refute your post...
And obviously no irony in pointing out that the OP is accusing ICs of what Rohr's dodgy calls "hints" at.

Anyway, my bad for disputing someone who self-describes as "uneducated". Validated! :woot:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:48 pm
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:32 pmNeither of those have anything to do with my post, nor the topic at hand. You, should be the last one to talk about "non-ad hominen" [sic] discourse. (I could have sworn the word was "ad hominem" but then again, as we have established, I no go school and I no sabi understand English, so I'm probably wrong about that too....
Congrats, you have spell-check... :lol:
Confusing spelling for knowledge is probably why you're triggered by the "uneducated" reference. SMH

You proffered a substantive opinion that I disputed...
And you got your panties in an ad hominem twist (Mr. Spell-Checker, did I spell it right this time? :lol: ).

Dude, get past your juvenile drivel and revert to SUBSTANCE! SMDH
Awww no longer concerned about "ad hominen" attacks? :taunt:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:57 pm
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:32 pmYou made the "ironic" reference to a hint from the "agents agents agents" thread title in responding to a post I made that did absolutely nothing to refute my post.
Yes, pointing out TALLER (and even better) GKs in the NPFL does nothing to refute your post...
And obviously no irony in pointing out that the OP is accusing ICs of what Rohr's dodgy calls "hints" at.

Anyway, my bad for disputing someone who self-describes as "uneducated". Validated! :woot:
How did listing three 6 foot tall goalkeepers that Rohr barely played refute my post that he placed an emphasis on height in making his gk selections? Something that he explicitly stated was an emphasis for him as documented by the links above?

As for why he didn't pick your preferred armchair analyst "better" goal keepers, feel free to reach out to Rohr and Alloy Agu. :rotf:

Anyway, my bad for disputing someone who self-describes as "uneducated".[/b] Validated! :woot:
No forget sey I no go school too. :D

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:01 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:48 pm Dude, get past your juvenile drivel and revert to SUBSTANCE! SMDH
Comprehension deficit? You don't need keep trying to validate your self-described "uneducated"... :woot:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:11 pm How did listing three 6 foot tall goalkeepers that Rohr barely played refute my post that he placed an emphasis on height in making his gk selections? Something that he explicitly stated was an emphasis for him as documented by the links above?
You mean the "documented links" that Rohr selected Ndidi because he is "tall"? :lol:
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:11 pmAs for why he didn't pick your preferred armchair analyst "better" goal keepers, feel free to reach out to Rohr and Alloy Agu.
You mean "armchair analysts" like Eguavoen who was coach at Enyimba, the same club where Ezenwa was as low as the third-choice GK when Herr Rohr kept calling him up. SMDH

PS: Btw, seems you are desperately searching for an IC scapegoat for Rohr's dodgy call-ups, but the NT coach is SOLELY responsible for the selection of players for his squad.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:33 pm
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:11 pm How did listing three 6 foot tall goalkeepers that Rohr barely played refute my post that he placed an emphasis on height in making his gk selections? Something that he explicitly stated was an emphasis for him as documented by the links above?
You mean the "documented links" that Rohr selected Ndidi because he is "tall"? :lol:
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:11 pmAs for why he didn't pick your preferred armchair analyst "better" goal keepers, feel free to reach out to Rohr and Alloy Agu.
You mean "armchair analysts" like Eguavoen who was coach at Enyimba, the same club where Ezenwa was as low as the third-choice GK when Herr Rohr kept calling him up. SMDH

PS: Btw, seems you are desperately searching for an IC scapegoat for Rohr's dodgy call-ups, but the NT coach is SOLELY responsible for the selection of players for his squad.
Ahhh so this is the curx of the matter!!! So we have finally arrived at what you have been trying so desperately to reach at :rotf:

“These decisions, I take them with [goalkeeper coach Alloy Agu] because he is a specialist for goalkeeper training.
https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/su ... ce/ntz6m5s

I've directed you multiple times to Rohr and Alloy Agu for questions regarding their selections. Feel free to go and ask them about the choices they made. I know it can be a bit difficult for the elderly to search and find info online, do let me know if you need help with their contact info and I'll do my best to assist.
I mean the numerous, "documented links" where Rohr repeatedly made reference to the height of his players. :rotf: I know it can be quite difficult sometimes for someone as smart as you to try and stay focused, but do try to at least make an attempt. There really is no need for red herrings or strawman arguments.

Oh extremely wise one, surely you are wise enough to realize that there are a multitude of qualities a player can have that result in his selection. Of relevance to my post was Ndidi's height. I gave you a citation and a link with Rohr's exact statement on why he chose Ogu and Ndidi vs South Africa. Here are his words again (not mine), and the link:
I love Ogu because he is very disciplined and also very tall like Ndidi which is good for teams with tall players like South Africa which we played last Saturday. We need a good balance between tall and short players in our team. If he finds a new club he will progress better than he is presently.”

https://sportinglife.ng/rohr-wants-ogu- ... li-league/

Feel free to go pick your fight with Rohr, but once again, Rohr in that statement shows the importance HEIGHT was to his selection process.
It was because Uzoho was taller. Rohr prefers TALL gks.
If the story was Rohr prefers TALL gk than it's understandable.
These are the two statements from Fabio's post that I highlighted, and responded to in my only statement in this thread.

The kind of asininity required to make the leap that you made, and reach a conclusion that I was "desperately searching for an IC scapegoat" for Rorh's dodgy call up is quite impressive.
:clap:

But go on..do show us how many more leaps you can make in your pitiful attempt to drag me into your puerile FC vs LC "discourse" you have been braying over for over 20 years :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:19 pm
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:01 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:48 pm Dude, get past your juvenile drivel and revert to SUBSTANCE! SMDH
Comprehension deficit? You don't need keep trying to validate your self-described "uneducated"... :woot:

Ahhh yes... thank you, I forgot comprehension deficit. I will add that to my list of things I'm afflicted with.