SHOULD THERE BE ANY MORE TALK OF NEW COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
SHOULD THERE BE ANY MORE TALK OF NEW COACH

Post by jette1 »

Eguavon won’t be topped by Any Foreigner in finding ways to appropriately inject and develop local players and re-orienting the super eagles to playing Nigerian brand of attacking football that was lost under a foreign coach who watered and put down the self esteem of our players and talked down and branded Nigerian football as inferior. Under him the Super eagles would have gone to Cameroon playing second fiddle to likes of Egypt and seating back defending against the so called African Number one one-man team.
Last edited by jette1 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SHOULD THERE BE ANY MORE TALK OF NEW COACH

Post by vancity eagle »

Why does Egu need to "inject local players" ?

What the heck is that all about ?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:22 pm Why does Egu need to "inject local players" ?

Because the ultimate idea of a successful national team is replicating same as your brand of grassroot football and your your local league and players should be reflective of what you have at the national level. You build from ground up. Injecting local players starts that process of bridging this gap we presently have between the standard at the local level and national level.
Most Brazilian and Argentine local teams would holding their own against their national team. We obviously won’t say the same of our local teams

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:22 pm Why does Egu need to "inject local players" ?

I wonder o. When did the national team become a tool for developing players? SE is for the best players we have regardless of where they play. We have a shabby league system that's rife with corruption, they can't even do well in continental tournaments . Hellz naw.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:34 pm

I wonder o. When did the national team become a tool for developing players? SE is for the best players we have regardless of where they play. We have a shabby league system that's rife with corruption, they can't even do well in continental tournaments . Hellz naw.
unbelievable how these illogical arguments continue to resurface in one form or another.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

jette1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm

Because the ultimate idea of a successful national team is replicating same as your brand of grassroot football and your your local league and players should be reflective of what you have at the national level. You build from ground up. Injecting local players starts that process of bridging this gap we presently have between the standard at the local level and national level.
Most Brazilian and Argentine local teams would holding their own against their national team. We obviously won’t say the same of our local teams
Your national team is for YOUR BEST PLAYERS

END OF.

All the rest is just nonsense you are spewing.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

A certain Uzoho and Okoye comes to mind.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

jette1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:13 pm Eguavon won’t be topped by Any Foreigner in finding ways to appropriately inject and develop local players and re-orienting the super eagles to playing Nigerian brand of attacking football that was lost under a foreign coach who watered and put down the self esteem of our players and talked down and branded Nigerian football as inferior. Under him the Super eagles would have gone to Cameroon playing second fiddle to likes of Egypt and seating back defending against the so called African Number one one-man team.
You started well and then lost your way trying to jam too many agenda items into the same point.
I think just say “Eguavon is doing well. Do we need another coach?”
And stop there.
The rest is a jumble of disconnected points, no vex.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 pm
A certain Uzoho and Okoye comes to mind.
In the one and only position we seriously lacked in.

How do you clowns keep bringing this up ?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:46 pm
In the one and only position we seriously lacked in.

How do you clowns keep bringing this up ?
Keep deceiving yourself.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

jette1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:13 pm Eguavon won’t be topped by Any Foreigner in finding ways to appropriately inject and develop local players and re-orienting the super eagles to playing Nigerian brand of attacking football that was lost under a foreign coach who watered and put down the self esteem of our players and talked down and branded Nigerian football as inferior. Under him the Super eagles would have gone to Cameroon playing second fiddle to likes of Egypt and seating back defending against the so called African Number one one-man team.
We got to the semifinals under the foreign coach and came home with the golden bronze. Let’s see what your superhero would bring home.

Meanwhile, if Eguavoen gets to at least the semis, it would be bad for our football if he is not part of the coaching crew going forward. And even if he doesn’t get that far, I don’t like the CV of the coach in waiting. We can do better if we desperately want to go with an experienced international coach.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:39 pm
jette1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm

Your national team is for YOUR BEST PLAYERS

END OF.

All the rest is just nonsense you are spewing.
Ok retard let’s stay with your logic for a second; what makes a Team national ?
Would you go grab Swedish nationals and get them to change their nationality, hand them a new passport and have them become Nigerian players. And why stop at that, let’s nationalize Brazilians argentines, Malians and Ivorians to feed the national team
Last edited by jette1 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:26 pm
We got to the semifinals under the foreign coach and came home with the golden bronze. Let’s see what your superhero would bring home.

Meanwhile, if Eguavoen gets to at least the semis, it would be bad for our football if he is not part of the coaching crew going forward. And even if he doesn’t get that far, I don’t like the CV of the coach in waiting. We can do better if we desperately want to go with an experienced international coach.
rant and rave is that way , Egu already has more wins and goals scored compared to your white massa...guess what Egu already won Bronze at AFCON
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:34 pm

rant and rave is that way , Egu already has more wins and goals scored compared to your white massa...guess what Egu already won Bronze at AFCON
But you are the same people who keep on saying results don’t matter, it’s trophies and medals only. That’s why you say Keshi (50% wining ratio) achieved more than Rohr (66%).

Since Eguavoen already won bronze in a previous AFCON, let’s see if he can achieve more than Rohr. A few more weeks to go before you can add him to those you hero-worship. And if he does better than his previous bronze, then I will also join you.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly is a loyal house negro, you've got to give him that.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

:agree: :agree:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Listening to Colin Udoh, I kinda of agree with him. We've got to keep an eye on the bigger picture instead of over-focusing on short-term goals and miss opportunities to take advantage of using our own Johan Cruyff equivalent to revolutionize Nigerian football.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

iworo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:55 pm
Listening to Colin Udoh, I kinda of agree with him. We've got to keep an eye on the bigger picture instead of over-focusing on short-term goals and miss opportunities to take advantage of using our own Johan Cruyff equivalent to revolutionize Nigerian football.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

jette1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:09 pm

Only 2 outfield players out of 25 in the Brazilian squad called up for qualifiers later this month play their football in Brazil. And most of the squad left Brazil very early in their careers. Local football does not have any impact on the national teams for most countries.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:45 pm
jette1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:09 pm

Only 2 outfield players out of 25 in the Brazilian squad called up for qualifiers later this month play their football in Brazil. And most of the squad left Brazil very early in their careers. Local football does not have any impact on the national teams for most countries.
no mind them.

But we with our garbage league that cannot even do anything in African competitions should flood our team with these mediocre players
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

yawn
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

You ****bots are hard to get rid off.

Eguavoen has already won the Golden Bronze his first go around.

Shame no dey catch you with the nonsense you wrote? In a few days of handling the team, the team is playing like a team you couldn't recognize while the other guy had the team.

I know some of you are secretly hoping that he fails so that you will go with what you and many prefer, including the NFF Chairman. :oops: :boo: :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Though it's NOT set on stone and anything can happen, but after watching several games in this tournament, I feel very confident we might win this AFCON trophy.

Thus, Egu has done very well and should be allowed to continue managing the team from now on, unless he doesn't want the job
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.