Pinnick HT speech v Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pinnick HT speech v Egypt

Post by The YeyeMan »

Pinnick is such a foolish man. If only someone like Osaze was there to slap him.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

For those old enough to remember the National Stadium Surulere, when officials used to walk across the pitch to the underground dressing room during half-time in full view of the fans. And then you will see them coming out one by one before the players. Even as a kid, I found it really strange.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Funny thing is that half of the players in the room can not only pay Pinnick's salary but fund the entire NFF Budget. N10m is chicken change to them.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Those charged with the oversight responsibilities to ensure that such things don't happen I.e. journalists, are already compromised. They're all looking for media officer appointments with the various national teams.
I can tell you for free, not one Nigerian journalist will condemn Pinnick's actions rather they would heap praises on him.
This is 2022!
I am happy
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

It's been said that most successes we've had as a nation were not because of our leaders
but in spite of them. Pinnick is not alone in this show of unrefined behavior.
Watching and hearing this 'wannabe' talk is quite an exercise in patience, else
you feel like punching him out.
Mscheeew!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:22 pm Funny thing is that half of the players in the room can not only pay Pinnick's salary but fund the entire NFF Budget. N10m is chicken change to them.
Power and wealth can be different. LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:22 pm Funny thing is that half of the players in the room can not only pay Pinnick's salary but fund the entire NFF Budget. N10m is chicken change to them.
...the term "millions" is a scary thing in Nigeria.
Everywhere you go monetary price, fees, etc is called out in millions.
One day one orange go be 1million naira.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

When Westerhoff talked about unnecessary interference, you can see what he was saying. The dude wasn't even wearing a mask :blink:
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

This man sold himself as bringing "scientific football" to Nigeria and that he was a season ticket holder of Arsenal. So is this what is done in Italy, Germany, Spain, France or the countries he wants to recruit coaches from?

Owing the last coach and two match bonuses yet making more promises SMH...

Did Wenger or Mourinho recommend this stunt as well? :lol:
Advocating rational thought since 1987
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

You'll be surprised!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

It was Westerhoff who wouldn't let Akinyele address the players in the match against Algeria that qualified us for our first WC..Game was not played in Algiers but in some remote town at night in freezing temperatures.
It was widely reported at the time...

Ezeugo did not play that day AFAIK

Wilfred Agbonavbare, Ben Iroha, Stephen Keshi, Uche Okechukwu,
Isaac Semitoje, Augustine Eguavoen (Nduka Ugbade 52'), Finidi George,
Rashidi Yekini, Daniel Amunike (Samson Siasia 80'), Thompson Oliha
txj wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:22 pm
txj wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:19 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:05 pm I was livid when I saw this video and still am looking at it right now.

This is just disgusting from all involved. And the captains can't speak up????? I know the coach is a coward because he probably thinks Amaju is doing him a favor letting him coach but we need some ruthlessness from the players.

Emeka Ezeugo told us in a whatsapp group that the late Alex Akinyele tried to do this to the SE during a WCQ and he was the one who stopped him from coming in. Ekong should have said something because Musa won't.

Half time is part of the game. These nincompoops had no business in there. Mumu ppl.

TBF that was Westerhof.
You cannot expect a player to do that...
Emeka told us it was him o. LOL

Said he threatened to break chair on ppl's head etc. Sid we can ask his teammates and they'll confirm.

Westerhof claims to have been the one in a few interviews. And press reports back then attributed it to him.

Plus Akinyele tried to punish him for it, but for the then 2nd in command at Aso Rock Forgot his name now...
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

nanijoe wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:37 pm It was Westerhoff who wouldn't let Akinyele address the players in the match against Algeria that qualified us for our first WC..Game was not played in Algiers but in some remote town at night in freezing temperatures.
It was widely reported at the time...

Ezeugo did not play that day AFAIK

Wilfred Agbonavbare, Ben Iroha, Stephen Keshi, Uche Okechukwu,
Isaac Semitoje, Augustine Eguavoen (Nduka Ugbade 52'), Finidi George,
Rashidi Yekini, Daniel Amunike (Samson Siasia 80'), Thompson Oliha
txj wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:22 pm
txj wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:19 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:05 pm I was livid when I saw this video and still am looking at it right now.

This is just disgusting from all involved. And the captains can't speak up????? I know the coach is a coward because he probably thinks Amaju is doing him a favor letting him coach but we need some ruthlessness from the players.

Emeka Ezeugo told us in a whatsapp group that the late Alex Akinyele tried to do this to the SE during a WCQ and he was the one who stopped him from coming in. Ekong should have said something because Musa won't.

Half time is part of the game. These nincompoops had no business in there. Mumu ppl.

TBF that was Westerhof.
You cannot expect a player to do that...
Emeka told us it was him o. LOL

Said he threatened to break chair on ppl's head etc. Sid we can ask his teammates and they'll confirm.

Westerhof claims to have been the one in a few interviews. And press reports back then attributed it to him.

Plus Akinyele tried to punish him for it, but for the then 2nd in command at Aso Rock Forgot his name now...
Emeka said it. Here is his exact quote....he was talking about a different game....

"1994 World Cup Qualifying game, South Africa Vs Nigeria in Johannesburg at Halftime the Late Yoruba Sports Minister in 1993 showed up in the Dressing Room with his crew to talk to us, I immediately went to the door, open and screamed that they should depart immediate or I will break their heads with my chair, I added that that includes Westerhoff who admitted them into the Dressing room. THEY IMMEDIATELY DEPARTED FROM THE GATE THAT I OPENED FOR THEM. You can ask my teammates they can narrate the story better than me.

THESE PEOPLE ARE MORE THAN A DISTRACTION FOR THE TEAM. They're there for their personal and business interests."
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Make Jay Jay Okocha or Kanu the next NFF president
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:32 am Make Jay Jay Okocha or Kanu the next NFF president
They would be worse. The fault is in our stars. Amokachi is the special adviser on sports to the president. What has he done but hassles for contracts?
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

if you noticed, Pinnick tried to cut the crap short, that man was going to use the entire 15 minutes blowing hot air
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

deanotito wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:04 pm Pinnick is a silly person mostly interested in self promotion/politics. So he uses the NFF/eagles as a platform.

How an NFF chairman shouldn't know that this is wholly inappropriate for half time is beyond me. But if you understand the self promotion angle, it all makes sense.

He should be a gatekeeper for the team. Instead, he's the open doorway for all kinds of characters to be interfering with match prep. Eguavoen can't/won't do squat about it. He does not have the actual/perceived influence to stop Pinnick.
I don't think you are on to something, I think you have figured it out 10000000%

You could see it from day one. This guy is in this position for himself more than anything. And this is not about the SE. He will act like this wherever he goes. This is who he really is.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I have a knack for saying outrageous things, things that are so outrageous that some might think it is B/S. But let me tell you, I am not B/Sing.

Around 3 or so years ago in rant and rave, I said that Nigerian leaders would score very low if they were psychologically tested. There would be many sociopaths, narcissists among them. This sounds like I am being dramatic. No, I being entirely serious.

If we put in place a psychological test for leadership positions (like they do in the military), so many people we see today would fail. Reality is more outrageous than you would think.

There have been studies to show it, that narcissism is unusually high among business folk. I suspect in Nigeria it would be even much higher.

https://www.psypost.org/2021/01/new-stu ... ions-59324
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... so-quickly

" One reason that narcissists are attracted to entrepreneurship may be the high person-job fit. In particular, the needs for attention, admiration, power, and autonomy of narcissists fit well with the heroic public image"

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 342030072X

In fact, I dare any Nigerian leader to be psychologically tested. lol.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:39 am I don't know about you but I find the nature of this soeech disgusting. Is HT the time and place to talk about monetary rewards? No wonder we fell off a bit in the 2nd Half.
This can't be the half-time talk.

Is this the dressing room of the stadium?

Players sitting on the floor
:???: :???: :???: :???:
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

That's so true...
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:22 pm For those old enough to remember the National Stadium Surulere, when officials used to walk across the pitch to the underground dressing room during half-time in full view of the fans. And then you will see them coming out one by one before the players. Even as a kid, I found it really strange.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nice of them to show moral support to the players, but HT is not the time for that. These are highly trained elite athletes. The only people that should speak to them at HT are the coaches.

Didn’t Westerhof once lock the NFA chairman out of the dressing room at HT when he tried this sort of thing?
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I guess it's one of the side effects letting the NFF become financially self sufficient. Everything starts becomes about money, and any sponsor promising money is given incredible access. Still better than the days when the Sports ministry held sway though.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Akure4Life wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:39 am I don't know about you but I find the nature of this soeech disgusting. Is HT the time and place to talk about monetary rewards? No wonder we fell off a bit in the 2nd Half.
This can't be the half-time talk.

Is this the dressing room of the stadium?

Players sitting on the floor
:???: :???: :???: :???:
Cameroon saved their best grass for the dressing rooms.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.