Pinnick HT speech v Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pinnick HT speech v Egypt

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I don't know about you but I find the nature of this soeech disgusting. Is HT the time and place to talk about monetary rewards? No wonder we fell off a bit in the 2nd Half.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pinnick HT speech v Egypt

Post by ANC »

Nigerians are just weird. Now i know why the team slacks off sometimes; too many damn cooks in the kitchen!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Westerhoff Warned from experience
He advised Eguavoen, who is on interim capacity, to avoid distractions from government officials and ensure complete discipline in the team.

Former Super Eagles coach, Clemens Westerhof
“He must be the policeman of the team. He should police them well, no beer, no women, no distractions. Then he must protect them from government officials. Now Nigeria may want to send delegations. Some may even come when they are training and they will stop training because the minister wants to talk with them.

“No way; that must not happen. Government officials can pass their message through the federation, they must leave the players now to concentrate. They must not be in the same hotel with the players. The most difficult job now is how to hold them together as a family and protect them from many officials who may cause unnecessary distractions.”
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307088
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:39 am I don't know about you but I find the nature of this soeech disgusting. Is HT the time and place to talk about monetary rewards? No wonder we fell off a bit in the 2nd Half.
At half time???!!??? Completely ridiculous.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 am Westerhoff Warned from experience
He advised Eguavoen, who is on interim capacity, to avoid distractions from government officials and ensure complete discipline in the team.

Former Super Eagles coach, Clemens Westerhof
“He must be the policeman of the team. He should police them well, no beer, no women, no distractions. Then he must protect them from government officials. Now Nigeria may want to send delegations. Some may even come when they are training and they will stop training because the minister wants to talk with them.

“No way; that must not happen. Government officials can pass their message through the federation, they must leave the players now to concentrate. They must not be in the same hotel with the players. The most difficult job now is how to hold them together as a family and protect them from many officials who may cause unnecessary distractions.”
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307088
I thot it was exaggeration but just wow mehn, instead of leaving the coach to complete his drill to the boys, they come in to disturb and he went on to say out of his busy schedule, wot busy schedule, nonsense
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

theDunamis wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:15 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:39 am I don't know about you but I find the nature of this soeech disgusting. Is HT the time and place to talk about monetary rewards? No wonder we fell off a bit in the 2nd Half.
At half time???!!??? Completely ridiculous.
:agree:
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

There's nobody to stop this since the NFF chair is the one initiating this action. Pinnick should resign.

Can u imagine? Talking about money and donations at HT?
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...there is no oversight on these guys. No one holds them to account, instead journalists suck up to them for crumbs and access.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

the last time Oliseh tried to stop this nonsense, the SE was disbanded
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

What is baffling is the persistent urge of officials to do things like this. So what time does the manager have to speak with the boys? Will they ask the ref for additional time? LOL. Ridiculous. This type of speech can be made a day or 2 before the game and not in the midst of the game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

That’s why Keshi won’t allow any government officials near his team in 2013. He was said to lock the dressing room to focus on his message to the team.
Second half retrospection in the dressing room is generally to assess players’ performance in the first half and drill in anynew adjustments for the second half. Definitely not a place for political speech.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

ANC wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:15 am Nigerians are just weird. Now i know why the team slacks off sometimes; too many damn cooks in the kitchen!
For real! These two clowns have no business addressing the team at half time! That 15 min break is for the players to focus and the coach to correct things he saw wrong in the game! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

See this goat who can’t afford to pay his coaches is promising millions for goals❗️

Cheers.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:33 pm See this goat who can’t afford to pay his coaches is promising millions for goals❗️

Cheers.

:rotf:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Politicians are attention seekers. What's new? This is the mentality that Sunny Oliseh was fighting against.

Wha choo looking at?!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I was livid when I saw this video and still am looking at it right now.

This is just disgusting from all involved. And the captains can't speak up????? I know the coach is a coward because he probably thinks Amaju is doing him a favor letting him coach but we need some ruthlessness from the players.

Emeka Ezeugo told us in a whatsapp group that the late Alex Akinyele tried to do this to the SE during a WCQ and he was the one who stopped him from coming in. Ekong should have said something because Musa won't.

Half time is part of the game. These nincompoops had no business in there. Mumu ppl.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:05 pm I was livid when I saw this video and still am looking at it right now.

This is just disgusting from all involved. And the captains can't speak up????? I know the coach is a coward because he probably thinks Amaju is doing him a favor letting him coach but we need some ruthlessness from the players.

Emeka Ezeugo told us in a whatsapp group that the late Alex Akinyele tried to do this to the SE during a WCQ and he was the one who stopped him from coming in. Ekong should have said something because Musa won't.

Half time is part of the game. These nincompoops had no business in there. Mumu ppl.

TBF that was Westerhof.
You cannot expect a player to do that...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:19 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:05 pm I was livid when I saw this video and still am looking at it right now.

TBF that was Westerhof.
Emeka told us it was him o. LOL

Said he threatened to break chair on ppl's head etc. Sid we can ask his teammates and they'll confirm.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:22 pm

TBF that was Westerhof.

Said he threatened to break chair on ppl's head etc. Sid we can ask his teammates and they'll confirm.

Westerhof claims to have been the one in a few interviews. And press reports back then attributed it to him.

Plus Akinyele tried to punish him for it, but for the then 2nd in command at Aso Rock Forgot his name now...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:22 pm

TBF that was Westerhof.

Westerhof claims to have been the one in a few interviews. And press reports back then attributed it to him.

Plus Akinyele tried to punish him for it, but for the then 2nd in command at Aso Rock Forgot his name now...
Westerhoff was reporting directly to Aikhomu that's why he was not sacked.

I doubt even Westerhoff would have being able to stop Aikhomu from addressing the players :taunt:

The behaviour stems from

1) The belief that MONEY is the major thing that motivates Nigerians
2) Every Nigerian is a COACH who has something to say to ensure victory of the team. Many think they know more than the coach. Westerhoff said Nigeria has 120m coaches for the national team :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria is full of clowns, why couldn’t he speak to them in the hotel after the game?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Pinnick is a silly person mostly interested in self promotion/politics. So he uses the NFF/eagles as a platform.

How an NFF chairman shouldn't know that this is wholly inappropriate for half time is beyond me. But if you understand the self promotion angle, it all makes sense.

He should be a gatekeeper for the team. Instead, he's the open doorway for all kinds of characters to be interfering with match prep. Eguavoen can't/won't do squat about it. He does not have the actual/perceived influence to stop Pinnick.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This is too funny. Lmao