ROHR Lauds Simon........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR Lauds Simon........

Post by Enugu II »

AFCON 2021: Rohr names ‘important player’ in Super Eagles squad
https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/18/afcon-2 ... les-squad/
Published on January 18, 2022By Don Silas

Former Nigeria coach, Gernot Rohr, has identified Moses Simon as an ‘important player’ in the Super Eagles squad.

Rohr described Moses as a perfect gentleman, adding that he loves the player’s attitude.

The German revealed that when he was in charge of the Super Eagles, a lot of people wanted him to drop Simon from his squad.

Recall that the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) recently sacked Rohr and appointed Jose Peseiro as the new permanent handler of the Super Eagles.

“When I was coach, a lot of people wanted me to drop him [Moses Simon], but he is very important to my team,” Rohr said on Canal Plus TV ahead of Nigeria’s 2021 AFCON tie with Guinea-Bissau on Wednesday.

“He puts the team first and plays for all with ease.

“I love his attitude on the pitch and he’s a perfect gentleman off the pitch. I never doubted him.”

Simon has received many praises for his performances for the Super Eagles so far at the ongoing 2021 AFCON.

The winger was named man of the match in Nigeria’s 3-1 win against Sudan last Saturday.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics