Ghana's mess will certainly happen to Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Ghana's mess will certainly happen to Nigeria

Post by highbury »

If they make the mistake of making Pesero Coach for the World Cup Qualifiers in March. Imagine a coach taking over during the World Cup Qualifiers despite not having met any of the players. I recommend
that everyone listen to the post match interview of the Ghanaian coach after losing to Comoros. It is a big warning to NFF and the agents like Colin Udoh who are stubbornly trying to go the other way despite the fact that most Nigerians disagree with them.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Ghana's mess will certainly happen to Nigeria

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we will beat the crap out of anyone who brings a coach before the WCQs, the draw is on friday.. people think we are playing ..peaknock go hear am
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria makes bad decisions and pays for them!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 am we will beat the crap out of anyone who brings a coach before the WCQs, the draw is on friday.. people think we are playing ..peaknock go hear am
I honestly think Eguavoen should be allowed to continue with the SE's coaching job, unless he doesn't want it. So far, he has done a good job
Last edited by Odas on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 am we will beat the crap out of anyone who brings a coach before the WCQs, the draw is on friday.. people think we are playing ..peaknock go hear am
We need someone to give the likes of Pinnick and his stooge- Colin Udoh some sense. They are trying to destroy SE for their own selfish motives. I heard Colin Udoh shouting like a mad man because Ghana lost today as if na him own Country. Talk about misplaced priority. He should focus on not making that happen to his country.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:19 am
We need someone to give the likes of Pinnick and his stooge- Colin Udoh some sense. They are trying to destroy SE for their own selfish motives. I heard Colin Udoh shouting like a mad man because Ghana lost today as if na him own Country. Talk about misplaced priority. He should focus on not making that happen to his country.
Weytin Colin do you?
Your beef is obvious.
Becos why? :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:16 am
I honest think Eguavoen should be allowed to continue with the SE's coaching job, unless he doesn't want it. So far, he has done a good job
He spoke about the coach in his pre-game press conference yesterday.

From 21:30…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:30 am
I honest think Eguavoen should be allowed to continue with the SE's coaching job, unless he doesn't want it. So far, he has done a good job
Very 'diplomatic' in his answer regarding the coaching position. Thus, I wonder if he will turn-down the job if offered. He seem satisfied in being the Technical director, but what could he have said? Well, thx for sharing, Damunk.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The good news re Pessaro abi na Potato is that Eguavon said “if”.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:28 am
Weytin Colin do you?
Your beef is obvious.
Colin Udoh is a journalist with no affiliation - he works for himself and a correspondent for ESPN…

He is better than most of the so called journalists in Nigeria and should not be denigrated here….

There is no call for it….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:30 am

Na wah! Where did the camera man learn his trade. He had just one assignment to do!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

highbury wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:25 am If they make the mistake of making Pesero Coach for the World Cup Qualifiers in March. Imagine a coach taking over during the World Cup Qualifiers despite not having met any of the players. I recommend
that everyone listen to the post match interview of the Ghanaian coach after losing to Comoros. It is a big warning to NFF and the agents like Colin Udoh who are stubbornly trying to go the other way despite the fact that most Nigerians disagree with them.
Nah bra, not cool at all. This is the type of rant that drove the likes of Colin out of Cyber Eagles.

Dude is a world-renowned journalist. He has gone on to accomplish a lot internationally to be rubbished by faceless folks on a fan site.

You can go on your rant without denigrating Colin. Not cool at all!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Cellular wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:23 am
highbury wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:25 am If they make the mistake of making Pesero Coach for the World Cup Qualifiers in March. Imagine a coach taking over during the World Cup Qualifiers despite not having met any of the players. I recommend
Nah bra, not cool at all. This is the type of rant that drove the likes of Colin out of Cyber Eagles.

Dude is a world-renowned journalist. He has gone on to accomplish a lot internationally to be rubbished by faceless folks on a fan site.

Excuse me sir, it is not a rant but an observation which I am expressing here. I am not a faceless folk. Are you telling me that a supposed World renown journalist no get bias or agendas? You can keep deceiving yourself. I may not be world renown at the moment, but I will be. I am also a respected person in my own sphere. I don't go around boasting about my accomplishments.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Weytin Colin do you?
Your beef is obvious.

you should see the youtube video he made.
Colin was disappointing
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Weytin Colin do you?
Your beef is obvious.
I thought I was the only one that noticed.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Looks like someone started a thread just to take a dig at Colin Udoh. Low blow. What does he have to do with NFF’s problems. Udoh is a good journalist, well regarded in and out of the country.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

highbury wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:31 am
Cellular wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:23 am

Excuse me sir, it is not a rant but an observation which I am expressing here. I am not a faceless folk. Are you telling me that a supposed World renown journalist no get bias or agendas? You can keep deceiving yourself. I may not be world renown at the moment, but I will be. I am also a respected person in my own sphere. I don't go around boasting about my accomplishments.
So what if he has his biases? We all do. He wanted Rohr to stay...quite a few fans did. He actually said that if Rohr does not stay, Eguavoen should take over. He is supposed to have an agenda because he provides commentary as well as news.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

His stance on the new coach is a no no for me. See what has happened to ghana...this is a huge warning. We've started something in Abuja, and now it continues in Cameroon..come March we get the likes of victor back and Egu tweaks his team , boom.....we don't need that so called journey man ...let us finish up the qualifiers. Abeg
SuperEagles

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:56 am His stance on the new coach is a no no for me. See what has happened to ghana...this is a huge warning. We've started something in Abuja, and now it continues in Cameroon..come March we get the likes of victor back and Egu tweaks his team , boom.....we don't need that so called journey man ...let us finish up the qualifiers. Abeg
One question though. Is getting knocked out in the first round worse than not making the tourney? Just saying that what Ghana is going through is what we have experienced already and hopefully overcome. Just 4 years ago we could not even participate
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

I have a lot of time for Mr. Udoh. He is an accomplished journalist.while I see his point about Egu and TD role but will respectfully disagree about a new coach for the WC playoff games. Why fix something that appears to be working. Why make so many changes at the same time. Yes Egu as TD of the NFF is charged with coming up with a long term football policy for Nigeria. Surely he can be seconded for a longer period of time to the senior team and return back after the WC if we qualify.

Mr Pesario is going to come In with his own ideas and philosophy. He will be new in the terrain. Who knows whether he will bring his own assistants. What happens to the team on ground. Anyway I hope the NFF make an intelligent and truly considered decision at the end of the day.

I listened to Colin’s Twitter spaces yesterday about Ghana. He was at the airport waiting to board and I think Oluwashina can’t remember his surname was the other journalist and sole co tribute to his space commentary yesterday.

My take ? don’t post when angry or in an emotional state. Even the most considered and intelligent of us will make errors when placed in that sort of situation. It limits one’s objectivity.

He did drop a few F bombs/words and was very harsh on some of the Ghanaian players going as far as labelling their performance as treasonous. Personally, I think he went over board. His comments yesterday were more in keeping/ akin to a football fan than the respected journalist that he is.

I think we tend to lose sight of things aside as football fans.

I’lll gently remind folks that the Indomitable Lions squad did not get out of the group stage at AFCON 90 and a few months later played at the quarters of the WC.

Nothing motivates a human as being scorned. Ghana have been rubbish at this AFCON and have rightfully been criticized. Be careful though, they are going to want to prove a point and I won’t want to face them at the play offs. Football remains a crazy game.

I hope Egu will continue to impress on his players as he has done publicly on the need to respect the opposition and play every game like it’s a cup finals.

Good luck to the Eagles.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I do not believe Colin is an NFF stooge by any means. As many acknowledge, he is a globally respected journalist and I see nothing that changes that. Let's understand that not everyone will or should share our perspective but they are entitled to theirs. That is why we are human. We all have subjective views. Highbury has his, Colin does, and so do I. One view is not more 'objective' than the other if objectivity is really a THING.

I listened to Colin's view on Egu becoming manager to work on overall football philosophy for Nigeria. It sounded like the white elephant projects that the NFF thinks about so often as a project to diffuse public angst. Ask why has this project resurfaced now after years that it was first muted. Those who follow closely will realize that it was mentioned before Oliseh was hired, before Rohr was hired. Why was such projected not completed then?

Why is it now reappearing? I believe this is simply an NFF way of pushing back thoughts of Egu becoming manager following probable success as coach and public outcry for him to be made permanent. NFF basically needed to offer a bone and meat to the public. That is what this is. Afterall that assures Preserio stats on and the ruse of Egu doing a bigger job is sold. The public will forget shortly after and whatever Egu produces as philosophy will be shelved as was done with other such papers. The public will forget.

Folks that is the deal and you should see right through it. It isn't the first time. Colin basically was sold this information by the NFF and as a journalist he has no choice but to write about it. I would do the same as a journalist. Thus, do not blame him. Blame the NFF.

Apologies for any typos.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hestonap wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:23 pm I have a lot of time for Mr. Udoh. He is an accomplished journalist.while I see his point about Egu and TD role but will respectfully disagree about a new coach for the WC playoff games. Why fix something that appears to be working. Why make so many changes at the same time. Yes Egu as TD of the NFF is charged with coming up with a long term football policy for Nigeria. Surely he can be seconded for a longer period of time to the senior team and return back after the WC if we qualify.

Mr Pesario is going to come In with his own ideas and philosophy. He will be new in the terrain. Who knows whether he will bring his own assistants. What happens to the team on ground. Anyway I hope the NFF make an intelligent and truly considered decision at the end of the day.

I listened to Colin’s Twitter spaces yesterday about Ghana. He was at the airport waiting to board and I think Oluwashina can’t remember his surname was the other journalist and sole co tribute to his space commentary yesterday.

My take ? don’t post when angry or in an emotional state. Even the most considered and intelligent of us will make errors when placed in that sort of situation. It limits one’s objectivity.

He did drop a few F bombs/words and was very harsh on some of the Ghanaian players going as far as labelling their performance as treasonous. Personally, I think he went over board. His comments yesterday were more in keeping/ akin to a football fan than the respected journalist that he is.

I’lll gently remind folks that the Indomitable Lions squad did not get out of the group stage at AFCON 90 and a few months later played at the quarters of the WC.

Nothing motivates a human as being scorned. Ghana have been rubbish at this AFCON and have rightfully been criticized. Be careful though, they are going to want to prove a point and I won’t want to face them at the play offs. Football remains a crazy game.

I hope Egu will continue to impress on his players as he has done publicly on the need to respect the opposition and play every game like it’s a cup finals.

Good luck to the Eagles.
In 1990 Cameroon took a different team to Algeria. This was a known fact. They prioritize
SuperEagles

hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:12 pm
hestonap wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:23 pm I have a lot of time for Mr. Udoh. He is an accomplished journalist.while I see his point about Egu and TD role but will respectfully disagree about a new coach for the WC playoff games. Why fix something that appears to be working. Why make so many changes at the same time. Yes Egu as TD of the NFF is charged with coming up with a long term football policy for Nigeria. Surely he can be seconded for a longer period of time to the senior team and return back after the WC if we qualify.

Good luck to the Eagles.
In 1990 Cameroon took a different team to Algeria. This was a known fact. They prioritize
WRONG!

Prior AFCON squads were limited to 18 players if my memory serves me correctly. While WC squads were 22 or 23 II think.
Milla was the big name that was added. The core team/squad players were the same.
Egypt was the country that pretty much took a second squad to that AFCON. Check your facts.

1990 WC Squad

1 GK Joseph-Antoine Bell 8 October 1954 (aged 35) 3 France Bordeaux
2 DF André Kana-Biyik 1 September 1965 (aged 24) 41 France Metz
3 MF Jules Onana 12 June 1964 (aged 25) 6 Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
4 DF Benjamin Massing 20 June 1962 (aged 27) 0 France Créteil
5 DF Bertin Ebwellé 11 September 1962 (aged 27) 16 Cameroon Tonnerre Yaoundé
6 DF Emmanuel Kundé 15 July 1956 (aged 33) 82 Cameroon Prévoyance Yaoundé
7 FW François Omam-Biyik 21 May 1966 (aged 24) 34 France Stade Lavallois
8 MF Émile Mbouh 30 May 1966 (aged 24) 38 Switzerland Chênois
9 FW Roger Milla 20 May 1952 (aged 38) 56 Réunion JS Saint-Pierroise
10 MF Louis-Paul M'Fédé 26 February 1961 (aged 29) 40 Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
11 FW Eugène Ekéké 30 May 1960 (aged 30) 2 France Valenciennes
12 DF Alphonse Yombi 30 June 1969 (aged 20) ? Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
13 DF Jean-Claude Pagal 15 September 1964 (aged 25) 0 France La Roche Vendée
14 DF Stephen Tataw (c) 31 March 1963 (aged 27) 29 Cameroon Tonnerre Yaoundé
15 MF Thomas Libiih 17 November 1967 (aged 22) 0 Cameroon Tonnerre Yaoundé
16 GK Thomas N'Kono 20 July 1956 (aged 33) 57 Spain Espanyol
17 DF Victor N'Dip 20 August 1967 (aged 22) 16 Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
18 FW Bonaventure Djonkep 20 August 1961 (aged 28) 49 Cameroon Union Douala
19 MF Roger Feutmba 31 October 1968 (aged 21) 0 Cameroon Union Douala
20 MF Cyrille Makanaky 28 June 1965 (aged 24) 0 France Toulon
21 MF Emmanuel Maboang 27 November 1968 (aged 21) 0 Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
22 GK Jacques Songo'o 17 March 1964 (aged 26) 38 France Toulon

1990 AFCON squad

GK William Andem 14 June 1968 (aged 21) Cameroon Union Douala
GK Thomas Nkono 20 July 1955 (aged 34) Spain RCD Espanyol
DF Bertin Ebwellé 11 September 1962 (aged 27) Cameroon Tonnerre Yaoundé
DF Emmanuel Kundé 15 July 1956 (aged 33) Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
DF Benjamin Massing 20 June 1962 (aged 27) France Créteil
DF Jules Onana 12 June 1964 (aged 25) Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
DF Jean-Claude Pagal 15 September 1964 (aged 25) France La Roche VF
DF Stephen Tataw 31 March 1963 (aged 26) Cameroon Tonnerre Yaoundé
MF Ernest Ebongué 15 May 1962 (aged 27) Portugal Varzim S.C.
MF André Kana-Biyik 1 September 1965 (aged 24) France FC Metz
MF Thomas Libiih 17 November 1967 (aged 22) Cameroon Tonnerre Yaoundé
MF Emmanuel Maboang 27 November 1968 (aged 21) Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
MF Louis-Paul Mfédé 26 February 1961 (aged 29) Cameroon Canon Yaoundé
FW Bonaventure Djonkep 20 August 1961 (aged 28) Cameroon Union Douala
FW Eugène Ekéké 30 May 1960 (aged 29) France Valenciennes FC
FW Cyril Makanaky 28 June 1965 (aged 24) France SC Toulon
FW François Omam-Biyik 21 May 1966 (aged 23) France Stade Laval
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.