Ghana's mess will certainly happen to Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana's mess will certainly happen to Nigeria

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:53 pm I do not believe Colin is an NFF stooge by any means. As many acknowledge, he is a globally respected journalist and I see nothing that changes that. Let's understand that not everyone will or should share our perspective but they are entitled to theirs. That is why we are human. We all have subjective views. Highbury has his, Colin does, and so do I. One view is not more 'objective' than the other if objectivity is really a THING.

I listened to Colin's view on Egu becoming manager to work on overall football philosophy for Nigeria. It sounded like the white elephant projects that the NFF thinks about so often as a project to diffuse public angst. Ask why has this project resurfaced now after years that it was first muted. Those who follow closely will realize that it was mentioned before Oliseh was hired, before Rohr was hired. Why was such projected not completed then?

Why is it now reappearing? I believe this is simply an NFF way of pushing back thoughts of Egu becoming manager following probable success as coach and public outcry for him to be made permanent. NFF basically needed to offer a bone and meat to the public. That is what this is. Afterall that assures Preserio stats on and the ruse of Egu doing a bigger job is sold. The public will forget shortly after and whatever Egu produces as philosophy will be shelved as was done with other such papers. The public will forget.

Folks that is the deal and you should see right through it. It isn't the first time. Colin basically was sold this information by the NFF and as a journalist he has no choice but to write about it. I would do the same as a journalist. Thus, do not blame him. Blame the NFF.

Apologies for any typos.
The NFF stressed that Egu was just a temporary placeholder before the new manager was even announced. Any success at the time of his appointment was highly improbably. I personally didn't see the rationale in having a temporary manager to take the team to the ANC only to turn the team over to someone else for WC qualifiers. It made no sense then, and still makes little sense to me now.

As for the "football philosophy" pipe dream. I don't see how that will work when the majority of the players that we will use in the foreseeable future will be players developed and based in an array of leagues outside Nigeria. Are they planning to mandate that kids outside Nigeria go through the youth system to be eligible for a call up?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16