Probable route for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Probable route for Nigeria

Post by marutimon »

1/8 final
Tunisia / Gambia (95+% chance barring some crazy results Nigeria will play the loser of that game or Tunisia if it's a draw)

1/4 final
Winner of Burkina Faso / Gabon

1/2 final
I would place a bet on Senegal being the semifinalist, but who knows?

FINAL
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Probable route for Nigeria

Post by Synopsis »

Hoping Tunisia wins their final game so we can avoid playing them so early.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Synopsis wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 pm Hoping Tunisia wins their final game so we can avoid playing them so early.
You prefer Gambia to Tunisia? Hmmm
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Was thinking Malawi in the round of 16 or Sierra Leone
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Robotnik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:11 pm Was thinking Malawi in the round of 16 or Sierra Leone
I think it’s 3rd place qualifier from Group B, E, or F in that order.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:07 pm
Synopsis wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 pm Hoping Tunisia wins their final game so we can avoid playing them so early.

yes. history matters
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Yes.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:13 pm
Robotnik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:11 pm Was thinking Malawi in the round of 16 or Sierra Leone
Malawi in group B
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Robotnik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 pm
Malawi in group B
We are playing Malawi if we win our group

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 pm

yes. history matters
The Tunisia we beat in 2019 third place match?

When last did Tunisia beat us in a competitive game?

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:35 pm

yes. history matters

When was the last time Gambia beat us?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Synopsis wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:46 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:35 pm

yes. history matters

When was the last time Gambia beat us?
Gambia has 5 players in Serie A. It’s not the same Gambia of old. I will prefer Tunisia because North African teams don’t do too well in West Africa.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Yes nah
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I concur. I'd rather face Tunisia than Gambia.

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:11 pm
I concur. I'd rather face Tunisia than Gambia.
Same here.

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It says Group B/E/F on Wikipedia.

Malawi are currently the top of the pile.

If Tunisia beats Gambia, they will finish 1st or 2nd, but lets say they beat them by 2 goals, that puts Gambia at -1, which puts them below Malawi?

In which case, Morocco would be more likely to face Gambia than us. Senegal will likely face Cape Verde.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:34 pm
Robotnik wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 pm
Malawi in group B
We are playing Malawi if we win our group
We've already won our group. This last game is just more or less a friendly match.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ahhh so the tiebreaker is only for the spots available, irrespective of who the superior side is, it will be the team from Group B, assuming they make the cutoff. So it will be Malawi, even if Gambia are the superior side.

Assuming Malawi makes it. Only in the event that a team from Group B does not even make it, THEN Groups E and F factor in.

Disregard my last post.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm
Ahhh so the tiebreaker is only for the spots available, irrespective of who the superior side is, it will be the team from Group B, assuming they make the cutoff. So it will be Malawi, even if Gambia are the superior side.

Assuming Malawi makes it. Only in the event that a team from Group B does not even make it, THEN Groups E and F factor in.

Disregard my last post.
We disregard all your posts :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

The likely teams to qualify are from groups A, B, E and F (it might also be C instead of F).
A B and F are shoe ins unless we have some freak results (like Tunisia losing by 4 goals to Gambia, Sudan beating Egypt or Nigeria losing to Guinea Bissau).

In both cases A B C F and A B E F Nigeria will play the third placed team in group F (ergo the loser of Tunisia vs Gambia).

Senegal get Cape Verde, Cameroon get Malawi and Morocco will play Comoros or someone from group E (funnily any team can finish third in that group, including Cote d'Ivoire.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Disregard my last post.
Wrong. Read above. The chances Nigeria play Malawi are minimal, unless you get some freak results like Guinea Bissau beating us. Group F is the likely candidate.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

marutimon wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Disregard my last post.
Wrong. Read above. The chances Nigeria play Malawi are minimal, unless you get some freak results like Guinea Bissau beating us. Group F is the likely candidate.
Yep, you are right there. Group F is indeed the likely candidate (I would say a 85% chance). Then group E (maybe 10%) and group B (5%). It's either Tunisia or Gambia from group F. I think most likely is Tunisia. They potentially have 12 players out for tomorrows game (vs Gambia) due to covid.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sorry….how do they determine exactly which of the four best losers meets who, when they say B/E/F?
Is that the order?
If all 3rd placed teams in those three groups qualify, does it mean we meet the team from GpB rather than GpE?[*][*]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "