REPORTS: SE LINEUP vs GUINEA-BISSAU

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: REPORTS: SE LINEUP vs GUINEA-BISSAU

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Good lineup. I don't expect Ndidi and Nacho to play much beyond half time. I will be watching Nwakali and especially Sadiq very closely. Sadiq better recognize what time it is :idea:

Wha choo looking at?!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:13 pm
waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:02 pm Further proof of Egu’s spine theory?
Ekong - Ndidi - Iheanacho
Does it also indicate he doesn't have much confidence in Maduka?
Emir,

Nuance... Nuance... Nuance.... There are four goalkeepers in the squad. How many of them can you use in the same game. It is clear from the git go that it makes no little sense to start Maduka at all! Thus, the comparison here is way off. Even starting Uzoho. One hopes that if things are going well, Uzoho can be pulled off. Yet, that will still leave a goalkeeper without a game. You cannot compare that at all with an in-field player who can be changed in multiple ways!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

highbury wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:51 pm Egu wants to keep the spine of the team intact
Doesn't Egu's spine include the 'keeper?

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:05 pm And i think this line up is more 4-4-2 than 4-3-3.

Ihenacho is playing upfront with Sadiq.

Iwobi on the right and Ejuke on the left or vice versa.
More like vice versa❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:14 pm Does anybody know the list of the subs? Just in case things go a bit pear shaped it would be nice to name a strong bench :taunt:
There are 23 players named on each matchday squad...
Even with 2 GKs, that'll leave 12 outfield players on the bench (with up to 5 subs per game).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:12 pmWith this line-up the sharpness down the wings will be blunted in my opinion. We shall see.
I am worried about that as well...
Would personally would've preferred someone like Onyekuru out wide and Iwobi in Iheanacho's role.

In Egu we Trust though!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I see what he is doing. He wants to see how Ajayi pairs with Ekong, how Ndidi pairs with Nwakali, and how Nacho pairs with Sadiq.

Ndidi, Nacho, and Ekong will be subbed at half time if we are comfortably ahead. If we are struggling, he will sub out the non starters. We still need to win the game.
Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:20 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/01/ ... 8-changes/
https://www.completesports.com/sadiq-le ... uke-start/
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/new-super-e ... ehi-start/

Super Eagles Line-Up Vs Guinea-Bissau

Uzoho

Ebuehi
Troost-Ekong
Ajayi
Collins

Ndidi
Nwakali
Iheanacho

Iwobi
Sadiq
Ejuke

Happy that Eguavoen rang so many changes...
Although I would have rested Ndidi (and perhaps even Iheanacho).
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The problem on this board will be if Sadiq explodes with 2 goals. It will be monumental here. I can't wait.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Hoping the list is accurate cos I noticed none of the three publications quoted their source.
I was looking forward to seeing Ndah start, but hopefully he’ll come in at some point, all things going well.
Glad for Sadiq, Ebuehi and Ejuke.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 pm The problem on this board will be of Sadiq explodes with 2 goals. It will be monumental here. I can't wait.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
A nice ‘problem’ to have.
But the cynics will say “it’s only Guinea Bissau. Minnows”.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let's talk the truth and shame the devil. By a show of hands, how many of you are hoping this is not the case?

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 pm The problem on this board will be if Sadiq explodes with 2 goals. It will be monumental here. I can't wait.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:58 pm I see what he is doing. He wants to see how Ajayi pairs with Ekong, how Ndidi pairs with Nwakali, and how Nacho pairs with Sadiq.

Ndidi, Nacho, and Ekong will be subbed at half time if we are comfortably ahead. If we are struggling, he will sub out the non starters. We still need to win the game.
Why?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:05 pm Let's talk the truth and shame the devil. By a show of hands, how many of you are hoping this is not the case?

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 pm The problem on this board will be if Sadiq explodes with 2 goals. It will be monumental here. I can't wait.
I don't care if he scores two goals. If he does, I am happy for him. He is not a bad player the issue with him is...I just don't see how he fits what appears to be our scheme: Speed, strength, technique. It's not like we look great at crosses and set pieces. We need powerful, fast, technical forwards and Sadiq isn't that type. He is tall but also seem to not win that many one on ones in the air. It is either he controls it too far, gets bullied off or can get past. I hope he takes his chance and scores but not a chance that makes him fit the bill or replace Osimen, Awoniyi (still watching this one) or even Dressers
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

To be undefeated and show our next opponents we are playing around.
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:07 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:58 pm I see what he is doing. He wants to see how Ajayi pairs with Ekong, how Ndidi pairs with Nwakali, and how Nacho pairs with Sadiq.

Why?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Why?
You should know our people by now.
If he loses, the knives will start to appear small-small.
Nor be today.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ofcourse you don't care, especially with your head buried deep inside the sand trying stay in denial and looking for phantom schemes.
icee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:11 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:05 pm Let's talk the truth and shame the devil. By a show of hands, how many of you are hoping this is not the case?

I don't care if he scores two goals. If he does, I am happy for him. He is not a bad player the issue with him is...I just don't see how he fits what appears to be our scheme: Speed, strength, technique. It's not like we look great at crosses and set pieces. We need powerful, fast, technical forwards and Sadiq isn't that type. He is tall but also seem to not win that many one on ones in the air. It is either he controls it too far, gets bullied off or can get past. I hope he takes his chance and scores but not a chance that makes him fit the bill or replace Osimen, Awoniyi (still watching this one) or even Dressers
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:11 pm To be undefeated and show our next opponents we are playing around.

Why?
If thats the case, then wouldn't you be playing your starters who the opponents in the next round would presumably be facing?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:12 pm

Why?
Nor be today.
Shouldn't influence Eguaveon who is the technical director, and presumably will revert to his role after this game. If he was concerned about winning every game, he would play his starter/strongest lineup.

This is a great chance to evaluate others in the squad who most likely will be needed down the line on account of cards and/or injury. Its also a chance to give them playing time in a competitive game which may not occur in the knockout stage. That being said, he has made it clear he expect to win the game, but by not means do they need to win.

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:20 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/01/ ... 8-changes/
https://www.completesports.com/sadiq-le ... uke-start/
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/new-super-e ... ehi-start/

Super Eagles Line-Up Vs Guinea-Bissau

Uzoho

Ebuehi
Troost-Ekong
Ajayi
Collins

Ndidi
Nwakali
Iheanacho

Iwobi
Sadiq
Ejuke

Happy that Eguavoen rang so many changes...
Although I would have rested Ndidi (and perhaps even Iheanacho).
Baba your head dey there. You sabi well well
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

These players could be called upon in the next round also. Besides, if Eguavoen's tactics and system are what got us the victories in the last games as many have claimed, it shouldn't matter which players he uses.
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:20 pm

Why?
Nor be today.
Shouldn't influence Eguaveon who is the technical director, and presumably will revert to his role after this game. If he was concerned about winning every game, he would play his starter/strongest lineup.

This is a great chance to evaluate others in the squad who most likely will be needed down the line on account of cards and/or injury. Its also a chance to give them playing time in a competitive game which may not occur in the knockout stage. That being said, he has made it clear he expect to win the game, but by not means do they need to win.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

icee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:11 pm
So was Yekini (RIP).
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:35 pm These players could be called upon in the next round also. Besides, if Eguavoen's tactics and system are what got us the victories in the last games as many have claimed, it shouldn't matter which players he uses.
metalalloy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:20 pm

Why?
Nor be today.

People actually think that even after seeing the noticeable drop off in both games after subs were made? :shock: