Augustin Eguavoen take a bow sir

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Augustin Eguavoen take a bow sir

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Yeah, it's best to save it to see how far the SE progresses. Good job so far though and good luck to the boys and to Mr. Eguavoen.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Well done indeed, Nigeria was the only team to win all their games in the group stages.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Egu is a boss !!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Egu has impressed and done a marvelous job thus far. But, he has to surpass the previous tournament for this project to be deemed successful. I have been impressed with egu team Selections, timely substitution, team performance and result. But, we must win or reach the finals for me to eat my humble pie
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:59 am Egu has impressed and done a marvelous job thus far. But, he has to surpass the previous tournament for this project to be deemed successful. I have been impressed with egu team Selections, timely substitution, team performance and result. But, we must win or reach the finals for me to eat my humble pie
Narcissist, it’s not about you…dum dum
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The best part of Egu is his dare-devil attitude to the game, even in really tense games where we are leading with the opponent trying to fight back into the game, Egu makes his subs and throws in more attacking minded players to dare the opponent even further and we end up completely stifling the opponents by creating more chances to score... I feel this approach beds in well with his philosophy, but abeg Eguavoen should try pack the bus when we are leading in the knock out stages, I don't mind him adopting the Rohr tactics of going conservative sometimes especially in the last minutes of the game when we're leading.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:59 am Egu has impressed and done a marvelous job thus far. But, he has to surpass the previous tournament for this project to be deemed successful. I have been impressed with egu team Selections, timely substitution, team performance and result. But, we must win or reach the finals for me to eat my humble pie

Oga, why the insults? Let’s learn to respect other people opinion respectfully. No matter how you feel, everyone won’t have the same opinion as yours
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:07 am The best part of Egu is his dare-devil attitude to the game, even in really tense games where we are leading with the opponent trying to fight back into the game, Egu makes his subs and throws in more attacking minded players to dare the opponent even further and we end up completely stifling the opponents by creating more chances to score... I feel this approach beds in well with his philosophy, but abeg Eguavoen should try pack the bus when we are leading in the knock out stages, I don't mind him adopting the Rohr tactics of going conservative sometimes especially in the last minutes of the game when we're leading.
This is a return to the old Naija style. We used to put teams under “kosh” whereby they are so busy defending they can’t even think of how to relax and coordinate a proper attack. That’s part of what destabilized Egypt. Of course you need balance, that’s where the calm head of players like Nwakali can be good later in the game. But the philosophy of score one and then defend is one I have never liked. It’s ok for teams who are weak in attack, but for us makes no sense
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:02 am
Oga, why the insults? Let’s learn to respect other people opinion respectfully. No matter how you feel, everyone won’t have the same opinion as yours
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:18 am
Your rhetoric is getting annoying man, from thread to thread you are making it about you, calm down haba…why does the coach need to prove anything to you? Who are you? Just be an effing fan like the rest of us haba…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:20 am
Your rhetoric is getting annoying man, from thread to thread you are making it about you, calm down haba…why does the coach need to prove anything to you? Who are you? Just be an effing fan like the rest of us haba…
you are replying to him egg him on . let him waste his energy on ranting to himself
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Oga, we’re all fans and no matter what anyone feel, people will always have contrasting opinions. Let’s learn to be civil in our discussion despite a contrast of opinion. That is all I am saying!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:12 am

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:26 am
you are replying to him egg him on . let him waste his energy on ranting to himself
True…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:46 pm
Celebrity wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:10 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:06 pm
Celebrity wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:25 pm Calm down, bring that erection down, real test is in the knock out phase.
So when are we to raise our peniss?
Semi-finals sir.

It all matters to nothing if we don’t get to the Semis.

We defeated Sudan and EqG for crying out loud. Only real test has been Egypt
Thats not how fandom works. Many of you dance with your ikebe up and down when your Arsenal, United, Tottenham and Liverpool win one league game, but we are not permitted to go nuts when our team win. Pleaseeee :roll:

So if our team gets knocked out in the next round and we had held our celebration all through, when are we supposed to celebrate? You guys need to find some joy in your lives, honestly. Its a bit ridiculous to hold joy just because you are afraid! is that how you live your life? Dude! Celebrate! Dance! shake your yansh! If you get to SF, good! If you dont! good! Atleast you had the chance to be happy! WTf??!!
I agree, fans should be free to enjoy and laugh when the team wins, if we lost the first match and somehow squeeze to the next round, the negative commentaries will always remain negative

Im sorry life is to short to harbour that, especially if this team is giving us positive vibes about Nigeria

I say rejoice along

When the team is poor or playing bad, we will rightly be critical but 9 points in 3 matches, regardless of opposition is a mean feat especially since no one else in the tourney has accomplished this (so far..I havent seen the last two groups tables yet but it seems we will remain the only ones)

We will deal with round of 16 et al later, and even if we go out and the negative guys come up with "I told you so", at least we will have already had some joy in our hearts already, good for the soul :)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Yeah, but calling someone a Narcissist is out of order, argue the merits of your point and challenge John12, but ad hominem and insults add no value so lets be measured
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nigeria seems a well balanced side, i just hope they have not peaked, the true test is the knockout phase but from what i have seen so far, Nigeria can certainly go as far as they want, the squad looks pretty strong, probably the best squad in Africa, for me, Moses Simon should be moved to a central position where he can wreck havoc on defenders, his pace and trickery reminds me of Finidi George but needs to work on his crosses into the box, on this form, his game is well suited to Spanish football where they lay emphasis on technical ability, definitely good enough for the likes of Liverpool, City
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

akamoke wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:35 am
Yeah, but calling someone a Narcissist is out of order, argue the merits of your point and challenge John12, but ad hominem and insults add no value so lets be measured
Huh? Why is that out of order? That’s my opinion of their behavior on the forum. The merits of what points exactly should I argue? That Egu needs to personally convince him that the team is good? Btw this is the definition of a narcissist and it’s not a curse word or abuse it’s simply a character trait that someone might display and definitely his recently ‘look at me posts’ have a huge tint of it:

Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, and an excessive need for admiration.

I have seen way worse abuse from others on this forum not getting check by you murderators so spare me the lecture, I’m one of the most measured contributors on this forum…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

akamoke wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:35 am
actually Mace is right, those are narcissistic tendencies

(Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding.)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:56 pm If I had ever had doubts about you, it's now all gone for good...thank you sir for coming on board to save our football, the face-lift you've given Nigerian football has been monumental and inspiring, I'm now a believer.
Impressive so far.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:44 pm Whatever the NFF decides to do, Egu should be kept for the world cup play-offs.
He is getting both the team collectively and the players individually, to play to their strength and he has re-infused the Nigerian winning mentality back into the team.

The way Simon Moses is playing, kind of sums up the differences between the 2 coaches (Rohr and Egu)... Currently he is super offensive under Egu, while under Rohr, the focus was always on his defensive attributes.

The NFF should simply allow Egu's results to guide their decisions. If he wins the ANC, he should be left to handle the WC Play Offs. If he qualifies us for the WC comfortably. Then he should be allowed to take the team to Qatar EOS.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Mr Shows wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:29 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:44 pm Whatever the NFF decides to do, Egu should be kept for the world cup play-offs.
He is getting both the team collectively and the players individually, to play to their strength and he has re-infused the Nigerian winning mentality back into the team.

The way Simon Moses is playing, kind of sums up the differences between the 2 coaches (Rohr and Egu)... Currently he is super offensive under Egu, while under Rohr, the focus was always on his defensive attributes.

The NFF should simply allow Egu's results to guide their decisions. If he wins the ANC, he should be left to handle the WC Play Offs. If he qualifies us for the WC comfortably. Then he should be allowed to take the team to Qatar EOS.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:12 am

Now I’ve seen everything. This brother is arguing with himself, responding to his own threads, and accusing his own self of insults.

Wonderful wondrament.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.