If We don’t reach the Finals or win it’s a Failure

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
If We don’t reach the Finals or win it’s a Failure

Post by john12 »

Congratulations to Eguavoen on his team performance. So far, we have been the best overall team at this tournament. (My opinion) nonetheless, we must remember that at the last tournament, we achieved a 3rd place result and going by an upward trajectory, it is normal to expect/aspire to go higher. I don’t salivate over performance because my judgement of coaches and players are “end result” and so far, Eguavoen has done a marvelous job but if we don’t reach the finals or win, The project wouldn’t be considered a successful one.
Last edited by john12 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: If we don’t reach Finals or win it’s a Failure

Post by john12 »

Congratulations to Eguavoen once again for assembly such talented squad in a short period of time and impressing thus far. But, it’s not about how you start, but how you finish
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

john12 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:19 pm Congratulations to Eguavoen once again for assembly such talented squad in a short period of time and impressing thus far. But, it’s not about how you start, but how you finish
I think this was Rohr's Squad that Eguavoen greatly improved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He has five years to get it right.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: If We don’t reach the Finals or win it’s a Failure

Post by john12 »

BTW, if we reach the finals or win it, I am tendering my apologies to any of the Fire Rohr Brigade. You will receive a personal apology from me if we reach the finals or win it. If we don’t, you all has to apologize to us. One love One Nigeria. Let peace, love and Harmony reign. God bless the super eagles of Nigeria
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

even if they lose the next game, I for one would not be upset or sad.
I hate teams that play like cowards
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 pm even if they lose the next game, I for one would not be upset or sad.
Story for the gods! So, if that happens, you will rather a team that achieved a 3rd place vs a team that achieved a round of 16 (God forbid) happy new year brother, but your logic is flawed
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I think the possibility of our winning this AFCON trophy is high. Granted these things are hard to predict, but the other teams I watched play, are NOT all that.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:32 pm I think the possibility of our winning this AFCON trophy is high. Granted these things are hard to predict, but the other teams I watched play, are NOT all that.
Sir, football isn’t a mathematical equation I.e 1 + 1 = 2. For example, at the last tournament, Morocco won all 3 group stage game and got eliminated at the round of 16 while Algeria won all their Group stage matches and lifted the tournament. In 2013, we had a horrible group stage performance then lifted the trophy. It is why, I pay attention to “Result”. “End product” than sentimental Analysis. So far, Eguavoen has done a marvelous job sha
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Can we ban this guy?

Nuisance agent just wants to set up an artificial target for Eguavoen…and the target happens to be the ultimate one.

What coach taking over 3 weeks before a major tournament is considered a failure because he didn’t win it??

My guy, just shut up and grow up.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:03 am Can we ban this guy?

Nuisance agent just wants to set up an artificial target for Eguavoen…and the target happens to be the ultimate one.

What coach taking over 3 weeks before a major tournament is considered a failure because he didn’t win it??

Happy new year bro, calm the nerves we’re only discussing. At the last tournament, we achieved a 3rd place results and everyone called for Rohr termination. It’s only Normal that we aspire/aim to progress rather than Regress and to me, anything short of a Final or winning the trophy will be considered as remaining stagnant…
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:09 am

Happy new year bro, calm the nerves we’re only discussing. At the last tournament, we achieved a 3rd place results and everyone called for Rohr termination. It’s only Normal that we aspire/aim to progress rather than Regress and to me, anything short of a Final or winning the trophy will be considered as remaining stagnant…
No.

Given how the team has improved and the zero prep time that Eguavoen has had - a third place finish will be a considerable improvement on the last outing with the previous manager. There's still much to improve but the signs are positive.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:34 am

No.

Given how the team has improved and the zero prep time that Eguavoen has had - a third place finish will be a considerable improvement on the last outing with the previous manager. There's still much to improve but the signs are positive.
Sorry, a 3rd place in 2019 and 3rd place in 2022 will be considered as stagnant to me. The good thing is that Eguavoen team has been the best Thus far and they’re capable of winning. The bad thing is that History dosent favor Eguavoen to win it. I want him to win it
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:43 am

No.

Sorry, a 3rd place in 2019 and 3rd place in 2022 will be considered as stagnant to me. The good thing is that Eguavoen team has been the best Thus far and they’re capable of winning. The bad thing is that History doesn’t favor Eguavoen to win it but he has the capability of making history. I want him to win it
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

No.

Sorry, a 3rd place in 2019 and 3rd place in 2022 will be considered as stagnant to me. The good thing is that Eguavoen team has been the best Thus far and they’re capable of winning. The bad thing is that History dosent favor Eguavoen to win it. I want him to win it
Out of curiosity, how would you describe the past year under the previous coach? Stagnating, improving, excellent, under-performing...?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:46 am

No.

Out of curiosity, how would you describe the past year under the previous coach? Stagnating, improving, excellent, under-performing...?
Sir, Keshi 2013 Win was an utmost progress because he achieved such feat from disqualification in 2012 to winning 2013. In Rohr 2019 was equally a progress simply because he achieved 3rd place from back to back Disqualification. At the last tournament, we resulted in a 3rd place position. it is normal to aspire/hope/aim to progress rather than regress that’s why I insist that only a 1st or 2nd place position will be considered as progress. I am a football analyst that cares about ‘end result’ I.e Goals, assist, position. For example, I was disappointed at Rohr performance at the WCQ, but, his only saving grace was “contractual agreement”
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:53 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:46 am

No.

Sir, Keshi 2013 Win was an utmost progress because he achieved such feat from disqualification in 2012 to winning 2013. In Rohr 2019 was equally a progress simply because he achieved 3rd place from back to back Disqualification. At the last tournament, we resulted in a 3rd place position. it is normal to aspire/hope/aim to progress rather than regress that’s why I insist that only a 1st or 2nd place position will be considered as progress. I am a football analyst that cares about ‘end result’ I.e Goals, assist, position. For example, I was disappointed at Rohr performance at the WCQ, but, his only saving grace was “contractual agreement”
Sir, please answer my question. :D

How would you describe the past year under the previous coach?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Everything else aside we likely play Senegal in the semis, ergo pretournament favorite.

So semis is success enough.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

marutimon wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 pm Everything else aside we likely play Senegal in the semis, ergo pretournament favorite.

3rd place in 2019 and 3rd in 2022 is remaining stagnant to me. Also, even if Rohr was the coach at this tournament, his mandate would had been to meet the finals or win the tournament. Anything contrary will be considered as unsuccessful
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

marutimon wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 pm Everything else aside we likely play Senegal in the semis, ergo pretournament favorite.

Keep dreaming. Cape Verde will knockout Senegal next week. Watchout!
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

john12 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:39 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:32 pm I think the possibility of our winning this AFCON trophy is high. Granted these things are hard to predict, but the other teams I watched play, are NOT all that.
Sir, football isn’t a mathematical equation I.e 1 + 1 = 2. For example, at the last tournament, Morocco won all 3 group stage game and got eliminated at the round of 16 while Algeria won all their Group stage matches and lifted the tournament. In 2013, we had a horrible group stage performance then lifted the trophy. It is why, I pay attention to “Result”. “End product” than sentimental Analysis. So far, Eguavoen has done a marvelous job sha
Football is indeed not mathematics. You have just sunk you own thread🤔❗️

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 pm even if they lose the next game, I for one would not be upset or sad.
This is football not a combat sport,winning and progressing is all that counts,if Nigeria goes out because they opened up and went on the attack and lost 4-3 you’d be dissatisfied knowing that they could’ve won even if they score 1 goal.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Are you for real :shock: :shock: :shock:??? In any case everyone has their own motivations for following "The wonderful game" although, when push comes to shove, most fans tend to value glory over being entertained.