Ndah

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndah

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:18 pm He looks a good addition to the team, and a possible long term replacement for one of our ageing defenders.

At least, Eguavoen did not take an injured player to AFCON, That was my fear.
Awazien nko? Shehu nko? Shehu got dropped but still got a call while injured?
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

One long range pass is all it takes for a performance to be described as spectacular? What a low bar?
gochino wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:58 am
olu wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:47 am He played ok. Kept it simple and didn't do anything spectacular.
He actually did! He creatively set up Onyekuru on a one on one with a long range pass
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

olu wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:49 am One long range pass is all it takes for a performance to be described as spectacular? What a low bar?
gochino wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:58 am
olu wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:47 am He played ok. Kept it simple and didn't do anything spectacular.
He actually did! He creatively set up Onyekuru on a one on one with a long range pass
Well, if he can give a killer pass that could have resulted in a goal and bail our senior captain out and prevent a goal all in the 10 mins he was on the pitch, then yes! He has potential and has earned more playing time.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You don't really need to watch a guy play a billion minutes to know what kind of player he is.

Let me just say, that I was more impressed with him than Ebuehi wey everybody dey shrine.

Make i comot thread
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 am You don't really need to watch a guy play a billion minutes to know what kind of player he is.

Let me just say, that I was more impressed with him than Ebuehi wey everybody dey shrine.

Make i comot thread
Ebuehi wasn’t at his best, no doubt. But Ebuehi still offered more threat going forward though he was on the pitch for much longer. And this is where I suspect he is better than Ndah. But Ndah might end up being a better defender for the SE. I have never fully trusted Ebuehi’s defensive side, same with Sanusi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:40 am
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 am You don't really need to watch a guy play a billion minutes to know what kind of player he is.

Make i comot thread
Ebuehi wasn’t at his best, no doubt. But Ebuehi still offered more threat going forward though he was on the pitch for much longer. And this is where I suspect he is better than Ndah. But Ndah might end up being a better defender for the SE. I have never fully trusted Ebuehi’s defensive side, same with Sanusi.
Ndah's favored position is nit right back. He is a center back. His competition is more Ekong and Awaziem. it looks like we now have the unusual luxury of many good center backs to choose from (Ekong, Omeruo, Awaziem, Ajayi, Ndah and Balogun). We have similar luxuries at right back and left back. Competition can only be good for the team.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sheikh wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 am

Make i comot thread
Ndah's favored position is nit right back. He is a center back. His competition is more Ekong and Awaziem. it looks like we now have the unusual luxury of many good center backs to choose from (Ekong, Omeruo, Awaziem, Ajayi, Ndah and Balogun). We have similar luxuries at right back and left back. Competition can only be good for the team.
‘Good’ is relative. :D
Or maybe we should just agree that we need ‘better’.
I guess when we find such a defender, the difference will be clear.
A bit like how many see Osimhen vs ‘the rest’ in the central striking role.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:31 am

Make i comot thread
It is however a positive development. Prior to Eguavon, the only options seemed to be Ekong and Balogun and both seemed to play at low gear; as if their places were guaranteed. Now even Ekong is under pressure to perform. CB was previously the major weakness in the team.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sheikh wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:46 am

Make i comot thread
It is however a positive development. Prior to Eguavon, the only options seemed to be Ekong and Balogun and both seemed to play at low gear; as if their places were guaranteed. Now even Ekong is under pressure to perform. CB was previously the major weakness in the team.
Tbh, I think it still is.
It is why I am quite keen on Ndah and am closely watching the unused Bassey (Rangers) kid invited by Rohr.
I am also still hoping Adarabioyo's head will come correct and he will decide to reach out to Nigeria.
Our defence is ageing and Ajayi/Omeruo are not a step up.
At best, they are same level which we can and should seek to improve upon if we are going to compete properly in Qatar should we get there.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:06 pm
Sheikh wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:46 am

Make i comot thread
Tbh, I think it still is.
It is why I am quite keen on Ndah and am closely watching the unused Bassey (Rangers) kid invited by Rohr.
I am also still hoping Adarabioyo's head will come correct and he will decide to reach out to Nigeria.
Our defence is ageing and Ajayi/Omeruo are not a step up.
At best, they are same level which we can and should seek to improve upon if we are going to compete properly in Qatar should we get there.
Adarabioyo needs to be sat down and sense spoken into his head. He should not become one of those "innit" guys. If we can get Adarabioyo and one of Eze or Olise, we are set.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Olisa Ndah

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Olisa Ndah

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I watched most of the game, dude is a very good player.

He's very good with the ball, passes well and strong in the tackle, he made a goalie clearance to save his team.

Only possible weakness I noticed is that he may not be as good when isolated 1v1, he found himself facing an attacker on the right corner and he almost got skinned. A more skilled attacker would've left him in the dust as he overcomitted to the right but attacker went left. It happens to the best of em. Similar in style to Awaziem .

He needs to get out of SA this summer if he can.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The thing is this assumption that someone who isn't in the Big 5 or in Europe is not good enough. There is this incomprehensible faith that football leagues and clubs are infallible in their scouting and selection process. This far from reality. First football scouting is barely scratching the surface in terms of precision and this is further complexities by uncertainties of transfer decision making by Nigerian players.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Ndah is an Eagle's material. I watched him play and I love his dispositions, sense of ball control and self composure. He is good no doubt about it.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Igugu wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:41 am Ndah is an Eagle's material. I watched him play and I love his dispositions, sense of ball control and self composure. He is good no doubt about it.
We may probably need him against Ghana as Ekong, Awaziem and Aina have not seen action since joining their clubs after AFCON.
Ekong's case is worse, he has not been in the Watford squad for the last 2 matches and with Nkolou getting close to fitness, it's looking bleak for him.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Thank God for Eguavoen... Rohr would never had invited or given him a looking. Rohr would be in Europe begging players.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:51 am Thank God for Eguavoen... Rohr would never had invited or given him a looking. Rohr would be in Europe begging players.
Let it go, ore.
Eguavon is currently in Europe "begging players". :roll:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:25 pm
Abi o, I don't know what the problems of the usual suspects are? We have seen similar patterns when junks were brought in from nowhere to the 2014 WC squad, so any genuine fan will voice their concerns so it does not happen again.
I am GLAD to be proved wrong about Ndah and i don't owe anyone any apologies for my previous comments!!
Egbon, I am GLAD, you were proved wrong about Ndah :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:28 am
fabio wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:51 am Thank God for Eguavoen... Rohr would never had invited or given him a looking. Rohr would be in Europe begging players.
Let it go, ore.
Eguavon is currently in Europe "begging players". :roll:
Sorry, scouting not begging. Happy now :taunt:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:50 am
Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:25 pm
Abi o, I don't know what the problems of the usual suspects are? We have seen similar patterns when junks were brought in from nowhere to the 2014 WC squad, so any genuine fan will voice their concerns so it does not happen again.
I am GLAD to be proved wrong about Ndah and i don't owe anyone any apologies for my previous comments!!
Egbon, I am GLAD, you were proved wrong about Ndah :D
Na dat matter you still dey? Abeg no comot o!
I am happy