How is Ndidi still at Leicester?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: How is Ndidi still at Leicester?

Post by Enyi »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:48 pm
juventuss wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:57 pm I'd say he's content. Maybe similar to how Mikel was at Chelsea. He's comfortable at Leicester, the team is fairly solid, and they have ambition.
I buy this. He’s a hero in Leicester, often challenging for top four, while completing his degree. After Vardy and Shmiechel who are both over 30, he’s the most important member of that squad.

He had 2 or 3 years before he needs to make a big money move. And because he’s best in a team that plays with a set holding player (unlike Chelsea who play with a “quarterback”), there are only so many places that he’s worth the investment. In fact, big teams rarely play like that, as it’s a role that teams that need extra protection for the back four invest in.
Arsenal wants the protection…went for a very cheap Partey, City play with a DM - Fernandinho, now Rodri, Liverpool do in Fabinho, Barca in Busquests, Real b4 in Casemiro…..

Real wanted him, United wanted him….my colleague called once and asked if PSG asked me for him details so I presume they must have asked him for as well but once you do the maths…..he is Expensive….

There is no age to make a big money move….there is a time in your career to sign a big contract…..two different things and you have to be in a club that will pay that kind of money….

Leicester ain’t it….Vardy is on £140, kasper is £130 I think, Ndidi is on £70 and Maddison signed for £110….forfana (£20now) has a contract of approx £60 waiting……
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How is Ndidi still at Leicester?

Post by Tbite »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:48 pm
juventuss wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:57 pm I'd say he's content. Maybe similar to how Mikel was at Chelsea. He's comfortable at Leicester, the team is fairly solid, and they have ambition.
I buy this. He’s a hero in Leicester, often challenging for top four, while completing his degree. After Vardy and Shmiechel who are both over 30, he’s the most important member of that squad.

He had 2 or 3 years before he needs to make a big money move. And because he’s best in a team that plays with a set holding player (unlike Chelsea who play with a “quarterback”), there are only so many places that he’s worth the investment. In fact, big teams rarely play like that, as it’s a role that teams that need extra protection for the back four invest in.
I agree.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT