Ugandan mom said she could have scored Sadiq's goal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ugandan mom said she could have scored Sadiq's goal

Post by ANC »

I rest my case
Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: Ugandan mom said she could have scored Sadiq's goal

Post by Igugu »

What about the one Sadiq loused up in front of goal, one v one with goalie? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Igugu wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:37 am What about the one Sadiq loused up in front of goal, one v one with goalie? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Osimehn has missed many of those.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:49 am
Igugu wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:37 am What about the one Sadiq loused up in front of goal, one v one with goalie? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When was this?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 am
When was this?
Aribo put him clear through WITH NO DEFENDERS AROUND (unlike Sadiq's chance) against Liberia away game, and he effed it up.

Stop lying Osimehn has missed many chances he should have scored so stop being selective in your outrage.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:15 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 am
When was this?
Aribo put him clear through WITH NO DEFENDERS AROUND (unlike Sadiq's chance) against Liberia away game, and he effed it up.

Stop lying Osimehn has missed many chances he should have scored so stop being selective in your outrage.
Whoops, I thought you were talking about the tap in, yea that one v one was a little bit of bad luck and indecisiveness…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

You don't have to defend every situation for a player that you like (e.g. Sadiq). The same way that you don't have to knock every situation for a player you don't like (the way you tried to deny Moses Simon's situation in the first game until he shut you up).

Sadiq was poor. If he had played as well as Osimhen had, we would have overlooked that miss. What of the one he headed aimlessly to Ajayi instead of pulling the trigger?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:22 am
You don't have to defend every situation for a player that you like (e.g. Sadiq). The same way that you don't have to knock every situation for a player you don't like (the way you tried to deny Moses Simon's situation in the first game until he shut you up).

Sadiq was poor. If he had played as well as Osimhen had, we would have overlooked that miss. What of the one he headed aimlessly to Ajayi instead of pulling the trigger?
He needs time to build up his confidence.
He is much more assured at club level.
A confident Sadiq will be a major plus for the SE.

Remember how his lack of confidence at Rangers under Gerard turned him into a huge ‘flop’ overnight.
Now they can’t stop marveling at how their ‘flop’ is valued at £16m and is in demand by top teams across Europe. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

The so called Ugandan mom is wasting all her energy rambling on Nigerian goal or lack thereof, she would have added more value if she had helped her country qualify for the tournament by scoring crucial goals. I guess hindsight is 2020, oh well.. Lost opportunity

Sadiq had a confidence shaken game but his goal was timely, and I believe it will bode him well, its good the coach took him off on a high and can remind him to build on his last act of the previous game. Im confident he will learn from this
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:27 am

Remember how his lack of confidence at Rangers under Gerard turned him into a huge ‘flop’ overnight.
Now they can’t stop marveling at how their ‘flop’ is valued at £16m and is in demand by top teams across Europe. :idea:
I agree and I am very happy for him. I just don't understand why VE needs to pretend that he did not have a poor game prior to the goal. He is a good player and gets into good positions. He will come good.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:04 am

I agree and I am very happy for him. I just don't understand why VE needs to pretend that he did not have a poor game prior to the goal. He is a good player and gets into good positions. He will come good.
Fans are emotional by definition, but VE is one of the most emotional fans ever to grace the pages of CE :rotf: :rotf:
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I look forward to this £16m transfer (of a striker that doesn’t have any pace) will this transfer be in this window ? The window will soon close oh
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Uganda hasn't participated in the ANC for a while, they need sharp strikers like her.
She should apply in person
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:08 am
aruako1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:04 am

Fans are emotional by definition, but VE is one of the most emotional fans ever to grace the pages of CE :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It was obvious that Sadiq lacked confidence and was nervous. After the goal, he ran to the corner flag, got on his knees to thank God in the Muslim fashion, when he got up his team mates mobbed him. Then again, he went down on his knees to thank God again. It was a sign of relief from a player who was under pressure. It would have been interesting to see him play for a few minutes after scoring to see the effect the goal would have had on his confidence.
I am happy
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

nemi2002 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:42 am Uganda hasn't participated in the ANC for a while, they need sharp strikers like her.
She should apply in person
Really? :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You guys take things too serious😂😂😂😂😂
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

True but I wouldn’t want him to come off as he’s a threat even when he’s not scoring,I feel as if Sadiq would do that for 3 games in a row.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I’m curious to know which top teams are asking for him❗️

Cheers.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

I don’t like bashing young players, but when they start tripping on their own d#$%, that’s where I draw the freaking line.

Sadiq, has remained second tier player forever in Naija colors.

Let’s all be honest.
You are Your Own Dog
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Dog Bruno wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:36 pm I don’t like bashing young players, but when they start tripping on their own d#$%, that’s where I draw the freaking line.

Sadiq, has remained second tier player forever in Naija colors.

Let’s all be honest.
Maybe you don't appreciate his gangling style, but you can't deny his talent.
BTW, it's all about coaching and deployment positions. I'm sure there are teams
who know how to utilize his talents, and Almeria FC does.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:36 am

I look forward to this £16m transfer (of a striker that doesn’t have any pace) will this transfer be in this window ? The window will soon close oh
Be patient.
End of season more likely, esp if they fail to get promotion. :idea:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:58 am
Flex Swift wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:36 am

Be patient.
End of season more likely, esp if they fail to get promotion. :idea:

I personally don't get all the criticism of Sadiq, but he isn't going anywhere if Almeria is promoted (which seems very likely).