Should Uzoho start ahead of Maduka in the knock out stages?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Should Uzoho start ahead of Maduka in the knock out stages?

Post by Tobi17 »

I personally think Uzoho always looks more assured in goal than Maduka, and his height advantage especially when it comes to set pieces might prove very useful for us.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should Uzoho start ahead of Maduka in the knock out stages?

Post by maceo4 »

Man after that poor save that Ajayi prevented the follow up, I don’t think he can unseat Okoye. But I know what you mean, somehow I’m more calm with Uzoho in there too, but realistically speaking he didn’t do enough to trigger a switch IMO.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Would have loved to see Akpeyi in goal. So far neither Okoye nor Uzoho looks comfortable in the games so far.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Now that we have choices, fans are getting confused.
I believe the coach knows best.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

eyan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:08 am Would have loved to see Akpeyi in goal. So far neither Okoye nor Uzoho looks comfortable in the games so far.
And somehow you feel Akpeyi would have performed better? You sure about that?🤔
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Neither has had that much to do but I prefer Uzoho. His kicking is way better and he commands the area better. Okoye looks like a bundle of nerves to me. He has more potential, but for now, I prefer Uzoho.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:34 am Neither has had that much to do but I prefer Uzoho. His kicking is way better and he commands the area better. Okoye looks like a bundle of nerves to me. He has more potential, but for now, I prefer Uzoho.
They both have had one major fumble each.
Maybe na face you dey look. One get strong face giving the impression of control; the other get ‘fine boy no pimples’ face, portraying the opposite.
But seriously, I don’t see any major difference as they’ve not really been tested.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:51 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:34 am Neither has had that much to do but I prefer Uzoho. His kicking is way better and he commands the area better. Okoye looks like a bundle of nerves to me. He has more potential, but for now, I prefer Uzoho.
Maybe na face you dey look. One get strong face giving the impression of control; the other get ‘fine boy no pimples’ face, portraying the opposite.
But seriously, I don’t see any major difference as they’ve not really been tested.
Somehow, I don’t see Uzoho being able to stop that Salah foray the way Okoye did so, I’ll go with Okoye❗️

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:07 am
Somehow, I don’t see Uzoho being able to stop that Salah foray the way Okoye did so, I’ll go with Okoye❗️

Cheers.
Uzoho stopped a similar foray against CAR in Lagos.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 am I personally think Uzoho always looks more assured in goal than Maduka, and his height advantage especially when it comes to set pieces might prove very useful for us.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Okoye is actually slightly taller than Uzoho.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

No be face oh. I genuinely think Uzoho is better. It is just that for an African goalie you need to be 10 times better. If he was a dual national he would be at a top club like Okoye.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I guess it must be that time when we debate everything even the obvious; uzoho na real farmer in goal thanks to his height. He reminds me of that tall skinny keeper of ours who went extinct in Portugal. Amazing how no one is even talking about him anymore just like that.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

jette1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:19 am I guess it must be that time when we debate everything even the obvious; uzoho na real farmer in goal thanks to his height. He reminds me of that tall skinny keeper of ours who went extinct in Portugal. Amazing how no one is even talking about him anymore just like that.
Huh?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Alampasu
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Okoye for me. I don't really rate him but I will take him over Uzoho anytime anyday. That ball Uzoho parried into danger instead of away from play did it for me.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:24 pm Okoye for me. I don't really rate him but I will take him over Uzoho anytime anyday. That ball Uzoho parried into danger instead of away from play did it for me.
Robby,

Okoye makes errors as well. I do not think he is any better but I surely will have him start simply for consistency but both do not inspire confidence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I actually Prefer Uzoho, however i am glad we have them both , similar to how we had Enyeama, Ejide and Ayenuigba.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:39 pm I actually Prefer Uzoho, however i am glad we have them both , similar to how we had Enyeama, Ejide and Ayenuigba.
Bigpokey

Except that this crop of keepers is below the three guys you described. Enyeama, Ejide, and Aiyenugba were all top notch. We cannot say the same of Okoye, Uzoho, or Akpeyi.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Didn’t see anything from him that made the case for a demotion of who the staff considers the number 1 choice
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 pm Didn’t see anything from him that made the case for a demotion of who the staff considers the number 1 choice
:agree:

Both of them have been pretty ok, and neither has been particularly tested in the three games that we have played so far. As for Uzoho's save that people are complaining about, there is no perfect keeper on the planet, it's only a problem if you notice a pattern. Both keepers are still very young and have a lot of room and time to continue developing.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16