" No one can deny Rohr credit, he built the team" ,EGU

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
" No one can deny Rohr credit, he built the team" ,EGU

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

No be me tok am o, | na Eguavoen when asked about Rohr in the post game press conference . He wasted no time in giving Rohr credit for having built the team as it is today. He said, "98% of the team was developed by Rohr , nobody, Noone can deny him credit" .

He spoke the truth. Well done Eguavoen, we are one. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: " No one can deny Rohr credit, he built the team" ,EGU

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 am No be me tok am o, | na Eguavoen when asked about Rohr in the post game press conference . He wasted no time in giving Rohr credit for having built the team as it is today. He said, "98% of the team was developed by Rohr , nobody, Noone can deny him credit" .

I do not think that had been ever denied. Has it?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:26 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 am No be me tok am o, | na Eguavoen when asked about Rohr in the post game press conference . He wasted no time in giving Rohr credit for having built the team as it is today. He said, "98% of the team was developed by Rohr , nobody, Noone can deny him credit" .

Na tory wey I find I dey report. :sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:28 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:26 am

Na tory wey I find I dey report. :sneaky:
Dis na modern day CE. Every post is interpreted as an argument :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

No one has ever denied that Rohr built this team… well, mostly but that’s not the issue. The real issue is getting a team to play optimally. Did Rohr do that? Not lately❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:57 am

No one has ever denied that Rohr built this team… well, mostly but that’s not the issue. The real issue is getting a team to play optimally. Did Rohr do that? Not lately❗️

Cheers.
No one may be denying it, but no one comes out to acknowledge it either.
God forbid “the white man” be given credit of any sort by “the strong, proud and progressive black men” of CE.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:45 am

Cheers.
God forbid “the white man” be given credit of any sort by “the strong, proud and progressive black men” of CE.
The knock on Rohr has never been about the makeup of his personnel but how he manages them. Some, including yours truly, had hoped he would look more closely at local talent. Other than that, it was clear that his team had a lot of very talented players, which is the key reason for frustration with the performance of the team under him. Fast forward to a new coach and the very same team is looking pretty dominant❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheers.
The knock on Rohr has never been about the makeup of his personnel but how he manages them. Some, including yours truly, had hoped he would look more closely at local talent. Other than that, it was clear that his team had a lot of very talented players, which is the key reason for frustration with the performance of the team under him. Fast forward to a new coach and the very same team is looking pretty dominant❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
Egu has proved the argument made by the more level-headed critics that the team was underperforming considering the level of talent at Rohr’s disposal.
The more lunatic fringe - and they are many - took the argument to far more ridiculous levels which is what was challenged and subsequently attracted all manner of insults left and right.

The local argument will forever rage even with Egu.
Bottom line is as long as the team is performing, everyone is happy.
Egu’s own battles with the fans are still ahead. He just needs one difficult or bad game and we will see the true face of Naija fans.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise because we have seen it countless times before.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

This is all a moot point. What we know for a fact is that the team could not have succeeded with Rohr. That much is known.

So whether he built the team 99.9999% or 100% is meaningless. He had to go, because his negativity was hampering the team, as was his conservatism.

Nobody has faulted his team sheets or scouting ability. Where he falls apart is everywhere else, substitution, in-game changes, taking the initiative etc.

Rohr is the coaching equivalent of "Unbeatable in practise". As for Eguavoen, we actually have a shot of the real deal. Rohr should not be denigrated like the Vogts and Lagerbacks, but we will certainly not celebrate him like a Bonfrere or a Westerhoff.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Going back to the first goal today. Iwobi had the ball, after a corner kick. Under Rohr, they pass that back all the way to our goalie. Arsenal does that rubbish too. Instead iwobi turned and played a forward pass to Ndidi who then passed to Kelechi, who then crossed it for the goal. Same team, vast difference in mentality.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Going back to the first goal today. Iwobi had the ball, after a corner kick. Under Rohr, they pass that back all the way to our goalie. Arsenal does that rubbish too. Instead iwobi turned and played a forward pass to Ndidi who then passed to Kelechi, who then crossed it for the goal. Same team, vast difference in mentality.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:03 am This is all a moot point. What we know for a fact is that the team could not have succeeded with Rohr. That much is known.

So whether he built the team 99.9999% or 100% is meaningless. He had to go, because his negativity was hampering the team, as was his conservatism.

Nobody has faulted his team sheets or scouting ability. Where he falls apart is everywhere else, substitution, in-game changes, taking the initiative etc.

Rohr is the coaching equivalent of "Unbeatable in practise". As for Eguavoen, we actually have a shot of the real deal. Rohr should not be denigrated like the Vogts and Lagerbacks, but we will certainly not celebrate him like a Bonfrere or a Westerhoff.
With all due respect, you've been away for a long time and so many of the things you claim in your post are untrue.
This for instance:
Nobody has faulted his team sheets or scouting ability.
Really? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway, forget that side.
"We move".
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cheers.
Damunk

You must not have been reading widely.

One thing that I, as well as others, have mentioned regularly is that one Rohr built a team of interchangeable parts where players can play in multiple positions.

Where Rohr failed is his approach on the field. Not only did the teM defer much to the opponent but the expressive play we no a see was lacking. That is where the difference lies.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:47 pm

Cheers.
Damunk

One thing that I, as well as others, have mentioned regularly is that one Rohr built a team of interchangeable parts where players can play in multiple positions.

Where Rohr failed is his approach on the field. Not only did the teM defer much to the opponent but the expressive play we no a see was lacking. That is where the difference lies.

I maintain that peeps move on and focus on the current manager.

But it is revanchism to suggest that peeps here gave the man credit for anything. Not even the team building..

I agree fully the failure was on the field, and some of us saw this as far back as 2016..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:44 pm

Cheers.
Damunk

But it is revanchism to suggest that peeps here gave the man credit for anything. Not even the team building..

I agree fully the failure was on the field, and some of us saw this as far back as 2016..
Txj

Why must people move on? These discussions enrich all of us and are important. For instance, this particular thread reminds those unaware that there are things from Rohr's time that must be acknowledged. It was never all doom and gloom. Very few things are.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr will definitely be useful as a chief scout of the national team, he can spot talents but sucks at coaching those talents to their optimal abilities, I'll give him that much credit.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:57 pm
txj wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:44 pm

Cheers.
Damunk

Txj

Why must people move on? These discussions enrich all of us and are important. For instance, this particular thread reminds those unaware that there are things from Rohr's time that must be acknowledged. It was never all doom and gloom. Very few things are.

We have a current manager whose performance is all that matters.

There's nothing to remind those who are entrenched. It is what it is.

My point here is that it is laughable to suggest that peeps gave the former manager any credit. They did not.

But again, we have a manager, Eguavoen. The focus should be entirely on him...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:39 pm
Tbite wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:03 am This is all a moot point. What we know for a fact is that the team could not have succeeded with Rohr. That much is known.

With all due respect, you've been away for a long time and so many of the things you claim in your post are untrue.
This for instance:
Nobody has faulted his team sheets or scouting ability.
Really? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway, forget that side.
"We move".
O'boy CE is not football. CE is a forum to discuss football. I have been following the SE. Anyway none of what I posted is really controversial. So your response is rather surprising.

I said it does not matter if he built the team (That is not a falsifiable statement)
I said his negativity was hampering the team (This is an undeniable fact, he has been negative since day one, including the recent matches).
I said unbeatable in practise, referring to the last point where the Rohr administration has fared better in recruiting players than elsewhere (do you dispute this?). I said he should be treated somewhere between a Vogts and a Bonfrere (I hope you dispute this, that would be very funny).
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:20 pm Rohr will definitely be useful as a chief scout of the national team, he can spot talents but sucks at coaching those talents to their optimal abilities, I'll give him that much credit.
I tried to throw Rohr a bone and be diplomatic too.....

Well I tried.