Semi Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Semi Ajayi

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:47 pm I am telling una now o.
Semi Ajayi dey get serious lapses o.
Ehen.... :idea:
which of our defenders doesn't though ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 pm Rohr actually fielded our players.
THat is a stone cold lie.

He left Aina on the bench for either Collins, Shehu.

Aina IS EASILY our best right AND LEFTBACK. Leaving him out was a criminal offense.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I gave you a clear example and you are asking me to list them. Is that not being in denial? That's not even the point. The pont is that you are saying he is better than Balogun.
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:18 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 pm :rotf: You guys are funny sha. The only advantage Ajayi has on Balogun is age. He was found out several times yesterday. If Uzoho didnt make that incredible save , Guinea Bissau would have scored becuase Ajayi was completely outpaced and flatly beaten. He did better in the second half and I like his agility on corners and freekicks, but he's got nothing on Balogun.

One thing i have learned, especially from this tournament is that the coaches know best. There is no player on our bench that is better than our main starters. Rohr actually fielded our players.
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:17 am I had completely written off this dude. He hasn't been a regular in WBA, but after yesterdays performance, I think Balogun might be surplus to requirement.

He looks stronger and quicker than before. Aerially he might be our best option, and every time he made a foray into midfield, he gave the right pass.

Needs to get out of England and play regular football.
List the times he was found out? That Balde guy gave Egyptians fits and was pocketed yesterday.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:39 pm I gave you a clear example and you are asking me to list them. Is that not being in denial? That's not even the point. The pont is that you are saying he is better than Balogun.
1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 pm :rotf: You guys are funny sha. The only advantage Ajayi has on Balogun is age. He was found out several times yesterday. If Uzoho didnt make that incredible save , Guinea Bissau would have scored becuase Ajayi was completely outpaced and flatly beaten. He did better in the second half and I like his agility on corners and freekicks, but he's got nothing on Balogun.

One thing i have learned, especially from this tournament is that the coaches know best. There is no player on our bench that is better than our main starters. Rohr actually fielded our players.
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:17 am I had completely written off this dude. He hasn't been a regular in WBA, but after yesterdays performance, I think Balogun might be surplus to requirement.

He looks stronger and quicker than before. Aerially he might be our best option, and every time he made a foray into midfield, he gave the right pass.

List the times he was found out? That Balde guy gave Egyptians fits and was pocketed yesterday.
You said he was found out several times, so you shouldn't have issues listing 2 or 3 other times he was found out.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:21 pm

Aina IS EASILY our best right AND LEFTBACK. Leaving him out was a criminal offense.
The gist was Aina was very lackadaisical in training and just acting uninterested. So Rohr thought he needed time off to go and check himself if he really wanted to continue playing for the SE.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Go to thr first 6 pages of the game thread and you will that he was suspect in the first half. Like i said, he plYed better in the second. If you had said he played well yesterday, i probably would have agreed with you. But to say he is better than Balogun based on the performance suggests you didn't watch wity clear eye, which explains why you didnt see the lapses. :biggrin:
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:47 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:39 pm I gave you a clear example and you are asking me to list them. Is that not being in denial? That's not even the point. The pont is that you are saying he is better than Balogun.

You said he was found out several times, so you shouldn't have issues listing 2 or 3 other times he was found out.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Was it not the same Rohr that started the same Aina? Was it not also Rohr that called him for this tournament? Was Aina playing as good as he is playing in this tournament when he was dropped?

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:53 pm

The gist was Aina was very lackadaisical in training and just acting uninterested. So Rohr thought he needed time off to go and check himself if he really wanted to continue playing for the SE.
Rohr has had a long bias against Aina so I don't know if I believe that.

He dropped Aina for the elderly and useless (at the time) Echijele for the WC

He dropped Aina at the last afcon after he played well and even got an assist

He kept dropping Aina for Shehu, Awaziem,

He never once considered Aina for the mediocre Collins position even though Aina plays LB for his club

Rohr had a beef with Aina IMO. He probably didn't like that he was offensive. He would rather hard working, defensive carpenters in the team.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

In the past Ajayi has also been quite good at scoring crucial goals for his club from corners and such, so both he and Ekong are a threat in that way
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

fabio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:27 am The same player that boots the ball to 'anywhere belle face'?
Ironically you described Balogun.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:19 pm

I agree I thought he played very well, dont know what people were saying.

I've always noticed he is actually very comfortable with the ball at his feet, and his passing, which I noticed especially when Rohr deployed him as a DM. I also thought he did ok in that position contrary to much of the sentiment here.
I agree with what you wrote... only gripe I have of his game from yesterday was that he could do with a bit more aggression.

But he surprised me...

If you went by what fans of WBA were saying about him you would have thought he was finished.

He just needed to play with people way sabi ball...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ajayi is useless as a central defender, I will play him in the midfield though
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:57 pm

He never once considered Aina for the mediocre Collins position even though Aina plays LB for his club

Rohr had a beef with Aina IMO. He probably didn't like that he was offensive. He would rather hard working, defensive carpenters in the team.

Aina was more a victim of Rohr's tactics than anything else.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I just watched the game again with open mind. Ajayi was very good despite the 2.5 lapses.

We have a very good problem. We are deep at every position. Even the goalkeeper position that wasn't very deep is now fantastically deep, thanks to Noble.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:42 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:57 pm

Aina was more a victim of Rohr's tactics than anything else.
But why? Even when he played with wing backs why wouldn’t he play a natural WB like Aina who plays there week in week out for his club? He made so many odd choices…worse thing is if you make a single mistake he’d be done with you for a while. After Cameroon scored that 2nd goal against Aina his goose was cooked for a while…prolly why players started playing timidly and extra safe
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I don't have anything against Balogun, but he is aging, so why not look at options that are already in the setup?

Like I said, I believe Ajayi has all the tools to be a good SE defender going forward. He just needs to keep his club form up and if that means leaving England, so be it.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am I don't have anything against Balogun, but he is aging, so why not look at options that are already in the setup?

Like I said, I believe Ajayi has all the tools to be a good SE defender going forward. He just needs to keep his club form up and if that means leaving England, so be it.
Uncle airwolex, we have heard you. Ajayi is good, just need to work on his Yobo moments :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:42 am
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am I don't have anything against Balogun, but he is aging, so why not look at options that are already in the setup?

Uncle airwolex, we have heard you. Ajayi is good, just need to work on his Yobo moments :D
All our defenders have Yobo moments.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:45 am

Before or after Yobo appointment as coach :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Make I limit my lafta to three icons before 1Naira comes for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

On the evidence of the GB game, notwithstanding the initial nerves, I would at this time place Ajayi ahead of Balogun based on abilities and headroom. Balogun is a very confident player, and always gives his best for SE. But he has some serious concentration lapses, which have caused us dear in a couple of cases. Recall he was unable to command a starting place in the Bundesliga and in Brighton; and the Rangers fans are not always convinced about his displays. These were all largely for the same reason. At 33, the weakness are not likely to change and with reducing pace they are likely to worsen. Ajayi looks like he can only get better.

One thing i have learned, especially from this tournament is that the coaches know best. There is no player on our bench that is better than our main starters. Rohr actually fielded our best players.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I wish I had you people's faith in Ajayi, but I don't.
I'm not saying he is all bad but he has serious limitations in my opinion.
More than Balogun and even Omeruo.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "