Semi Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Semi Ajayi

Post by airwolex »

I had completely written off this dude. He hasn't been a regular in WBA, but after yesterdays performance, I think Balogun might be surplus to requirement.

He looks stronger and quicker than before. Aerially he might be our best option, and every time he made a foray into midfield, he gave the right pass.

Needs to get out of England and play regular football.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Semi Ajayi

Post by fabio »

The same player that boots the ball to 'anywhere belle face'?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:27 am The same player that boots the ball to 'anywhere belle face'?
That’s him o. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

fabio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:27 am The same player that boots the ball to 'anywhere belle face'?
Uncle, did you watch the game? :smile: :smile:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:29 am
Senior uncle, I watched the game and he tried sha... There were two occasions, his decision making was very suspect.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:17 am I had completely written off this dude. He hasn't been a regular in WBA, but after yesterdays performance, I think Balogun might be surplus to requirement.

He looks stronger and quicker than before. Aerially he might be our best option, and every time he made a foray into midfield, he gave the right pass.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. With his EPL experience from last season, he can get a Loan in France, Germany or Italy. If we qualify for the WC, we need our players to be playing regularly at the top level.
I am happy
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

fabio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:36 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:29 am
Senior uncle, I watched the game and he tried sha... There were two occasions, his decision making was very suspect.
My egbon, when you are playing Cricket...are you perfect all the time? Don't lie, we have scouts watching you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:10 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:17 am I had completely written off this dude. He hasn't been a regular in WBA, but after yesterdays performance, I think Balogun might be surplus to requirement.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. With his EPL experience from last season, he can get a Loan in France, Germany or Italy. If we qualify for the WC, we need our players to be playing regularly at the top level.
I agree. Ola Aina went to Italy and thrived. The Championship is too much of a jambody league
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Solid performance by Ajayi. There was a lapse of concentration on a couple of occasions. I also felt he could have been a more aggressive in his defending at times. He has been out of the SE squad for little while now but showed he definitely belongs.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dude was class yesterday and I enjoyed his passing range a lot. Also deadly in the air. Enjoyed how he cleaned up the parried save from Uzoho
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:12 am I agree. Ola Aina went to Italy and thrived. The Championship is too much of a jambody league
He played well.. I like how he 'bombs' forward via the centre of the midfield.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, Semi Ajayi played well in the game. He was largely responsible checking the dangerous incursions from the left where Ebuehi was having problems.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Not yesterday. He looked composed and delivered some good balls, and some bad ones. Not different from all the others on the pitch.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I legit thought I was watching Rudiger...Loved his driving the ball up the field
Lolly wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:15 pm
Not yesterday. He looked composed and delivered some good balls, and some bad ones. Not different from all the others on the pitch.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

S. Ajayi has taken over that position from Balogun, in my opinion. With Nnda, Ekong, Ajayi, and Aina at the back; Eagles seem secured.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree I thought he played very well, dont know what people were saying.

I've always noticed he is actually very comfortable with the ball at his feet, and his passing, which I noticed especially when Rohr deployed him as a DM. I also thought he did ok in that position contrary to much of the sentiment here.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ajayi has always been solid for SE.

He just had that one match where he fell asleep against Sierra Leone, and just based on that one match he was written off.

This is a guy who manned our defence against Brazil. I was surprised how he suddenly just fell out of reckoning.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 pm Ajayi has always been solid for SE.

He just had that one match where he fell asleep against Sierra Leone, and just based on that one match he was written off.

This is a guy who manned our defence against Brazil. I was surprised how he suddenly just fell out of reckoning.
As the saying goes, 'you are only good as your last game'....

Moses Simon had been slaughtered in the run up to the ANC..
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Mr Shows wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:30 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 pm Ajayi has always been solid for SE.

As the saying goes, 'you are only good as your last game'....

Moses Simon had been slaughtered in the run up to the ANC..
VE hatred for Simon is different from most people's opinion. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I am telling una now o.
Semi Ajayi dey get serious lapses o.
Ehen.... :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: You guys are funny sha. The only advantage Ajayi has on Balogun is age. He was found out several times yesterday. If Uzoho didnt make that incredible save , Guinea Bissau would have scored becuase Ajayi was completely outpaced and flatly beaten. He did better in the second half and I like his agility on corners and freekicks, but he's got nothing on Balogun.

One thing i have learned, especially from this tournament is that the coaches know best. There is no player on our bench that is better than our main starters. Rohr actually fielded our best players.

Last edited by 1naija on Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:47 pm I am telling una now o.
Semi Ajayi dey get serious lapses o.
Ehen.... :idea:
Na dem talk about Ekong. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Please list the lapses from yesterday. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 pm :rotf: You guys are funny sha. The only advantage Ajayi has on Balogun is age. He was found out several times yesterday. If Uzoho didnt make that incredible save , Guinea Bissau would have scored becuase Ajayi was completely outpaced and flatly beaten. He did better in the second half and I like his agility on corners and freekicks, but he's got nothing on Balogun.

One thing i have learned, especially from this tournament is that the coaches know best. There is no player on our bench that is better than our main starters. Rohr actually fielded our players.

List the times he was found out? That Balde guy gave Egyptians fits and was pocketed yesterday.