Semi Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Semi Ajayi

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 am I wish I had you people's faith in Ajayi, but I don't.
I'm not saying he is all bad but he has serious limitations in my opinion.
More than Balogun and even Omeruo.
Omeruo has been mostly solid for the SuperEagles❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sheikh wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:32 am On the evidence of the GB game, notwithstanding the initial nerves, I would at this time place Ajayi ahead of Balogun based on abilities and headroom. Balogun is a very confident player, and always gives his best for SE. But he has some serious concentration lapses, which have caused us dear in a couple of cases. Recall he was unable to command a starting place in the Bundesliga and in Brighton; and the Rangers fans are not always convinced about his displays. These were all largely for the same reason. At 33, the weakness are not likely to change and with reducing pace they are likely to worsen. Ajayi looks like he can only get better.
1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 pm :rotf: You guys are funny sha. The only advantage Ajayi has on Balogun is age. He was found out several times yesterday. If Uzoho didnt make that incredible save , Guinea Bissau would have scored becuase Ajayi was completely outpaced and flatly beaten. He did better in the second half and I like his agility on corners and freekicks, but he's got nothing on Balogun.

One thing i have learned, especially from this tournament is that the coaches know best. There is no player on our bench that is better than our main starters. Rohr actually fielded our best players.
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:17 am I had completely written off this dude. He hasn't been a regular in WBA, but after yesterdays performance, I think Balogun might be surplus to requirement.

He looks stronger and quicker than before. Aerially he might be our best option, and every time he made a foray into midfield, he gave the right pass.

Needs to get out of England and play regular football.
Sheikh

I agree with you regardless of the matchday views by commenters. Personally, apart from one play in the opening half, Ajayi played well. What people forget is that some of those early incursions came from Ebuehi's inability in the wide area during the opening and Ajayi was kept busy. This is not to say that Ajayi is Godsent, but he played well in the last game and that is demonstrated in high rating he has received by some media. I agree with those.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I dont like where this is going. What are yobo moment? :mad: :veryangry:
Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:45 am
fabio wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:42 am
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am I don't have anything against Balogun, but he is aging, so why not look at options that are already in the setup?

Like I said, I believe Ajayi has all the tools to be a good SE defender going forward. He just needs to keep his club form up and if that means leaving England, so be it.
Uncle airwolex, we have heard you. Ajayi is good, just need to work on his Yobo moments :D
All our defenders have Yobo moments.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am I don't have anything against Balogun, but he is aging, so why not look at options that are already in the setup?

Like I said, I believe Ajayi has all the tools to be a good SE defender going forward. He just needs to keep his club form up and if that means leaving England, so be it.
Uncle airwolex, we have heard you. Ajayi is good, just need to work on his Yobo moments :D
That is very very correct :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

But he is already in the system, or did someone tell you we were looking outside? He just needs to watch giving up silly fouls at dangerous spots. One almost resulted in a goal by Ginuea Bissau. He played well but at the moment he is behind Omeruo, Awaziem, and Ndah.

That's all...

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Fagio, are you proud of yourself that you got a 72 year old to wake up this early to post nonsensical green smiley?
fabio wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am

Before or after Yobo appointment as coach :D
Last edited by 1naija on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr played him in midfield.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:09 pm Rohr played him in midfield.
In a friendly...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:58 pm But he is already in the system, or did someone tell you we were looking outside? He just needs to watch giving up silly fouls at dangerous spots. One almost resulted in a goal by Ginuea Bissau. He played well but at the moment he is behind Omeruo, Awaziem, and Ndah.

That's all...

Please you are nitpicking. It wasn't even his side he was covering for Ekong and he made the right decision in the end. If anythibg question rhe positioning of Ebuehi and Ekong, they were the right sided defenders. Yall can so exaggerate when you want to make your point. Dude was exposed several times, yet you can't mention one occasion.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I have listed 2 instances he was exposed, but each time you gave an excuse. When he was flat out beaten in a foot race by the GB forward who almost scored but for Uzoho heroics, you said the same player gave Egypt fits. Now you are claiming he committed the silly foul because it wasn't his side. What more do you want?
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:13 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:58 pm But he is already in the system, or did someone tell you we were looking outside? He just needs to watch giving up silly fouls at dangerous spots. One almost resulted in a goal by Ginuea Bissau. He played well but at the moment he is behind Omeruo, Awaziem, and Ndah.

That's all...

Please you are nitpicking. It wasn't even his side he was covering for Ekong and he made the right decision in the end. If anythibg question rhe positioning of Ebuehi and Ekong, they were the right sided defenders. Yall can so exaggerate when you want to make your point. Dude was exposed several times, yet you can't mention one occasion.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:21 pm I have listed 2 instances he was exposed, but each time you gave an excuse. When he was flat out beaten in a foot race by the GB forward who almost scored but for Uzoho heroics, you said the same player gave Egypt fits. Now you are claiming he committed the silly foul because it wasn't his side. What more do you want?
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:13 pm

That's all...

And i have told you he was covering for Ekong against Balde, one of the fastest players in the group. And, what foul did he commit? Was there a penalty i missed.

I missed the second instance he was "exposed" please point me to the post where you stated this.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He had a solid game today. GB often played to his strengths by hitting the ball in the air (meat and drink for a CD who spent his whole career playing in England). He also offers a threat at set pieces.

Omeruo is a kick and rush footballer. He would not do well in a team that likes to build up play from the back.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ajayi is the flavor of the day until he forks up then we look for another hero. Ajayi and Omeruo are what they are.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:06 am Ajayi is the flavor of the day until he forks up then we look for another hero. Ajayi and Omeruo are what they are.
If Ajayi is our best defender then we’re in real trouble. He’s decent but not an elite defender and isn’t getting better. We need to look at Ndah and others 2ho have a higher upside.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ajayi looked quite OK today. I think, more than anything else, he suffers from the stigma of having been relegated to the Championship; plus it does not help that he’s 29. I’d love to see the coaching crew focus a little more on the likes of Bassey and Ndah but Ajayi definitely belongs in the squad❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:17 am
packerland wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:06 am Ajayi is the flavor of the day until he forks up then we look for another hero. Ajayi and Omeruo are what they are.
If Ajayi is our best defender then we’re in real trouble. He’s decent but not an elite defender and isn’t getting better. We need to look at Ndah and others 2ho have a higher upside.
Yep. The guy is an average player that had an excellent game against a below average team.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:25 pm
Yep. The guy is an average player that had an excellent game against a below average team.
Packerland,

I do not believe Ajayi is a top player but I must admit that from what I have watched over the last year, I have actually rated him above every other central defenders that we have used, bar none. Go figure. Atleast he is consistent and rarely makes mind-boggling errors of judgment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:57 am
Packerland,

I do not believe Ajayi is a top player but I must admit that from what I have watched over the last year, I have actually rated him above every other central defenders that we have used, bar none. Go figure. Atleast he is consistent and rarely makes mind-boggling errors of judgment.
Enugu II,

I don’t mind Ajayi in the team. What I don’t like is guys shrining him as the next Baresi only to tear him down the next time he has a bad game. He is still an average player with limitations.

With all that said, the guy is very good offensively if our fk and ck takers can learn how to cross the ball. They was a 4wk period that he scored back to back to back off corner kicks for WestBrom.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:57 am
Packerland,

That is because our central defenders are quite poor.
It says more about them than him.
We need quality CDs to complement our international class strikers.
I don’t know what has happened to all the new(ish) bloods that were supposed to be the next best thing - like Ndah, Ozonwafor even Awaziem. But they are not impressing the coaches or even the fans.

Osimhen will soon lose his patience and God forbid, cliques will start to manifest in the team because Osimhen no get filter.

Welcome back by the way.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "