Moses Simon should start falling down more in the box

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Moses Simon should start falling down more in the box

Post by Scipio Africanus »

and win us more penalties. With such a skilled player at our disposal, opposing teams should be SCARED to tackle him, all the better so that he'll be protected from injury and also allowed to do more damage, and if they are not we ge a few penalties here and there.

If a defender is dumb enough to pull his shirt in the box, he should fall. If a defender is dumb enough to shoulder check him in the box, he should fall. If a defender is dumb enough to trip him in the box, he should fall. The PK gained from this could be the difference between advancing to the quarter finals, the semifinals or the final of a major tournament. You know how many games in the knockout rounds of major tournaments that are decided by a 1 goal margin? We need to start thinking like champions.

What a player! What a player! Make I go watch dat dribble again :tic:
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Moses Simon should start falling down more in the box

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 pm and win us more penalties. With such a skilled player at our disposal, opposing teams should be SCARED to tackle him, all the better so that he'll be protected from injury and also allowed to do more damage, and if they are not we ge a few penalties here and there.

the boy is good..kai what a player
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

It seems you've forgotten that we are in the era of VAR. A fake penalty fall can get you a yellow card or even a red(second yellow) if you've been booked earlier.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

naijaguy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:29 pm It seems you've forgotten that we are in the era of VAR. A fake penalty fall can get you a yellow card or even a red(second yellow) if you've been booked earlier.
Come on! I didn't say he should start diving. If a defender is dumb enough to pull his shirt in the box, he should fall. If a defender is dumb enough to shoulder check him in the box, he should fall. If a defender is dump enough to trip him in the box, he should fall. The PK gained from this could be the difference between advancing to the quarter finals, the semifinals or the final of a major tournament. You know how many games in the knockout rounds that are decided by a 1 goal margin? We need to start thinking like champions.

WC1990 Quarter finals - Germany 1(PK) Czechoslovakia 0 - Germany advance to semifinals of the WC. They later win the whole thing

WC2006 R16 - Italy 1(PK) Australia 0 Italy advances to QFs of 2006 WC. They later win the whole thing

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:29 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 pm and win us more penalties. With such a skilled player at our disposal, opposing teams should be SCARED to tackle him, all the better so that he'll be protected from injury and also allowed to do more damage, and if they are not we ge a few penalties here and there.

the boy is good..kai what a player
Kai!!! I no sabi say him sabi tap ball like dis ooooooo!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

naijaguy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:29 pm It seems you've forgotten that we are in the era of VAR. A fake penalty fall can get you a yellow card or even a red(second yellow) if you've been booked earlier.
We have seen several at this AFCON and no yellow cards for those. Moses really should go down in the box if any of those defenders breathe on him during those slaloms.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

If a defender is dumb enough to pull his shirt in the box, he should fall. If a defender is dumb enough to shoulder check him in the box, he should fall. If a defender is dumb enough to trip him in the box, he should fall. The PK gained from this could be the difference between advancing to the quarter finals, the semifinals or the final of a major tournament. You know how many games in the knockout rounds of major tournaments that are decided by a 1 goal margin? We need to start thinking like champions.

He has been incredible so far this tournament. It is pretty clear that most of our threat comes from his involvement in our buildup and our opponents in the knockout stages will surely target him going forward. Egypt resorted to doubling him which didn't really work. We need an equal threat on the right side if our emphasis in attack will continue to be via the wing, and Chukwueze hasn't really played up to his capabilities so far. Iwobi IMO is wasted on the right as well.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:24 pm He has been incredible so far this tournament. It is pretty clear that most of our threat comes from his involvement in our buildup and our opponents in the knockout stages will surely target him going forward. Egypt resorted to doubling him which didn't really work. We need an equal threat on the right side if our emphasis in attack will continue to be via the wing, and Chukwueze hasn't really played up to his capabilities so far. Iwobi IMO is wasted on the right as well.
Exactly.
What is really going on with both Chukwueze and Ejuke?
Both can create havoc just like Moses but so far no show.
I am hoping that just when our opponents think they have figured out Moses on the left, a brand new clear and present danger emerges on the right in the form of one of them.

Hopefully.... :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I'm not entirely sold on him yet. I'd like to see how performs when the better teams start doubling and tripling defenders on him. Will he continue to make the right decisions? So far he has revealed himself as a much better dribbler than we thought, that's all. To be world class you have to beat the best defenses.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:36 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:24 pm He has been incredible so far this tournament. It is pretty clear that most of our threat comes from his involvement in our buildup and our opponents in the knockout stages will surely target him going forward. Egypt resorted to doubling him which didn't really work. We need an equal threat on the right side if our emphasis in attack will continue to be via the wing, and Chukwueze hasn't really played up to his capabilities so far. Iwobi IMO is wasted on the right as well.
Exactly.
I am hoping that just when our opponents think they have figured out Moses on the left, a brand new clear and present danger emerges on the right in the form of one of them.

There's only 1 ball, can't have 2 players whose main strength is holding onto the ball. Gotta have balance. Chukwueze just needs to get in better position to create more room for the strikers and MF to run into. His very presence is a plus for Moses but you can't duplicate Moses's effort on the right without some variation.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:42 pm I'm not entirely sold on him yet. I'd like to see how performs when the better teams start doubling and tripling defenders on him. Will he continue to make the right decisions? So far he has revealed himself as a much better dribbler than we thought, that's all. To be world class you have to beat the best defenses.
Egypt alresdy did this.

Or maybe they don't qualify as a good team to you.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:42 pm I'm not entirely sold on him yet. I'd like to see how performs when the better teams start doubling and tripling defenders on him. Will he continue to make the right decisions? So far he has revealed himself as a much better dribbler than we thought, that's all. To be world class you have to beat the best defenses.
Egypt doubled him and it did little to stop him. Dedicating three people to stop one player is suicide...

Doesn't need to be world class to face the teams coming up against him in the AFCON....
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:48 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:36 pm
Exactly.

There's only 1 ball, can't have 2 players whose main strength is holding onto the ball. Gotta have balance. Chukwueze just needs to get in better position to create more room for the strikers and MF to run into. His very presence is a plus for Moses but you can't duplicate Moses's effort on the right without some variation.
On the contrary, if you have 2 players who are comfortable on the ball, can create for themselves and others, it is very difficult to completely shut both of them down in the same game. There is nothing wrong with "duplicating" Moses's efforts on the right. Chukwueze (especially at the club level) has shown an ability to hold onto the ball, attract attention and either take players on or lay it off for open teammates. Having two players with that quality on opposite sides of the field is a plus.

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

naijaguy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:29 pm It seems you've forgotten that we are in the era of VAR.
A fake penalty fall can get you a yellow card or even a red(second yellow) if you've been booked earlier.
Great observation.
Faking being fouled is not a bright idea. It even takes away the player's focus and continuing progress.
Worse, like noted above, a strict referee would not tolerate that behavior, nor football fans.
Neymar and S. Americans like doing that rubbish, and they have been found out.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

joao wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:08 pm
naijaguy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:29 pm It seems you've forgotten that we are in the era of VAR.
A fake penalty fall can get you a yellow card or even a red(second yellow) if you've been booked earlier.
Great observation.
[size=150]Faking being fouled is not a bright idea. [/size]It even takes away the player's focus and continuing progress.
Worse, like noted above, a strict referee would not tolerate that behavior, nor football fans.
No one is advocating for this...

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

LOL. The Sudan game plan was all about stopping him. You could tell the RB had strict instructions especially in the first half. Once he scored, the RB almost killed himself because he only had ONE job :D :D
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:16 pm
LOL. The Sudan game plan was all about stopping him. You could tell the RB had strict instructions especially in the first half. Once he scored, the RB almost killed himself because he only had ONE job :D :D

I'm talking about better teams sending 2bor 3 defenders and denying space.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

metalalloy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:09 pm
Great observation.
[size=150]Faking being fouled is not a bright idea. [/size]It even takes away the player's focus and continuing progress.
Abeg told am. Some people here don't bother to read before responding

Wha choo looking at?!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:09 pm
Great observation.
How can you make progress, when you are split between cheating and huddling your obstacles?
Even if you are fouled, maintain composure until the referee blows the whistle. I know it's too
complicated an idea for you to grasp. :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

joao wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:09 pm
Great observation.
How can you make progress, when you are split between cheating and huddling your obstacles?
Even if you are fouled, maintain composure until the referee blows the whistle. I know it's too
complicated an idea for you to grasp. :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't want to use the word "naive" to describe you, but you are really begging for it. A player who has his shirt tugged in the opponent's penalty area would have to be a colossal dunce not to fall down immediately. :lol: :lol:

After giving up a PK or two, the opponent will be afraid to even breathe on the player, allowing him to play football with a relaxed mind, leading to better football and more goals :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Victor Moses used to do this.....

I think Moses is fine doing what he does. He may be a small lad, but he is pound for pound the strongest player in the SE IMO.

He is not just skilful, he can weather defenders.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Moses Simon should also think about how to quickly release the ball sometimes after drawing 2-3 players so that the team can circulate it to the center or right side where space would have been created