THE THING ABOUT THIS SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
THE THING ABOUT THIS SE

Post by vancity eagle »

6 GOALS FROM 6 DIFFERENT PLAYERS

Iheanacho
Chukwueze
Simon
Awoniyi
Sadiq
Ekong

I dont think people understand how dangerous a team is when ALL of your players can score goals for you.

Lets not forget another one of our defenders AJayi nearly scored as well.

What I love about Egu's team is the numbers of players that get into the opposing box. I remember watching England and would always notice how many players get into the opposing box and when you would watch SE under Rohr you would literally have only one or two players in the box, maximum 3.

With this new team I am seeing 6, 7, 8 players get into the box.

If you watch the goal Sadiq scored, Semi Ajayi was right there with him to tap in the ball.

This kind of thing would never happen with Rohr.

See the way Aina is bombing forward initiating attacks. The thing is that our players are putting in the workrate to get forward and get back to defend in numbers, which is great and necessary when you play this kind of football.

It is no wonder we were struggling to score when all the players are held back. Look at how Aribo, Aina, Simon are all becoming new players with these tactics that Egu is employing.

I really have to give it up to boss Egu :thumbs:
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: THE THING ABOUT THIS SE

Post by Ugbowo »

Who stole your handle? LOL.

I do like that you dont let biases cloud your judgement. You call it as you see it. Kudos to you.

The forum should allow you to be wrong sometimes. But they'll never let you live down some bold and wrong proclamations :taunt: :taunt:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:28 pm Who stole your handle? LOL.

I do like that you dont let biases cloud your judgement. You call it as you see it. Kudos to you.

The forum should allow you to be wrong sometimes. But they'll never let you live down some bold and wrong proclamations :taunt: :taunt:
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Eguavoen is what I wanted Siasia to become.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

We are committing more players to attack now with the caveat that when we lose the ball we immediately press like mad dogs from the top to prevent teams quickly countering us and exploiting any numbers advantage in behind us.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 pm We are committing more players to attack now with the caveat that when we lose the ball we immediately press like mad dogs from the top to prevent teams quickly countering us and exploiting any numbers advantage in behind us.
Which can be very dangerous considering we are playing a pretty high line, and don't exactly have the fastest CB's. They (especially the starters) have done a pretty decent job pressing as a unit, and apart from perhaps one slip up against Egypt, they have been able to nullify most counters pretty well. The forwards have done an excellent job tracking back and pressing from the front.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

3 CHEERS to Those Of Us Who Knew Rohr ( a respectable & a good conservative man ) was the problem limiting our talented players. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sadly The Cycle will be initiated again NFA will Not Pay Egu or assistants
Major financial issues will arrive due to massive ineptness & corruption in NFA.
Egu will have NO CHOICE but to start ** working ** with agents and players * . After all he has bills to pay, etc
The quality of our team will DROP.
Embarrasing loses will begin
Everyone go begin shout , yab Egu . Egu must go, Egu must go
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:17 pm 6 GOALS FROM 6 DIFFERENT PLAYERS

Iheanacho
Chukwueze
Simon
Awoniyi
Sadiq
Ekong

I dont think people understand how dangerous a team is when ALL of your players can score goals for you.

What I love about Egu's team is the numbers of players that get into the opposing box. I remember watching England and would always notice how many players get into the opposing box and when you would watch SE under Rohr you would literally have only one or two players in the box, maximum 3.

If you watch the goal Sadiq scored, Semi Ajayi was right there with him to tap in the ball.

See the way Aina is bombing forward initiating attacks. The thing is that our players are putting in the workrate to get forward and get back to defend in numbers, which is great and necessary when you play this kind of football.

It is no wonder we were struggling to score when all the players are held back. Look at how Aribo, Aina, Simon are all becoming new players with these tactics that Egu is employing.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Iheanacho
Chukwueze
Simon
Awoniyi
Sadiq
Ekong

Pep Eguavollie is only doing what he has been saying repeatedly for those who have cared to listen.

* 'The burden of scoring goals does not rest on a single player'
* Our conversion rate still needs work on
* I want more players in the box, when we attack and push up.
* Each player is expected to freely express themselves as far as it doesn't affect the organisation on the pitch.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

CIV played well and scored highlight reel goals today. Are you sure you don't want to return to your team?
Advocating rational thought since 1987
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Kneedeep wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:09 pm CIV played well and scored highlight reel goals today. Are you sure you don't want to return to your team?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kneedeep wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:09 pm CIV played well and scored highlight reel goals today. Are you sure you don't want to return to your team?
I have nothing against Egu or how he is running the team. It is a joy to watch. A real joy. :thumbs:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Point of correction. One of the players liisted has not scored o. If i throw basketball and e hit your head enter net you can't claim you scored a free throw o.

I am rooting for him to explode against Tunisia.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The VE Humble Pie eating tour continues.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

blueangel wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:56 pm 3 CHEERS to Those Of Us Who Knew Rohr ( a respectable & a good conservative man ) was the problem limiting our talented players. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sadly The Cycle will be initiated again NFA will Not Pay Egu or assistants
Major financial issues will arrive due to massive ineptness & corruption in NFA.
Egu will have NO CHOICE but to start ** working ** with agents and players * . After all he has bills to pay, etc
The quality of our team will DROP.
Embarrasing loses will begin
Everyone go begin shout , yab Egu . Egu must go, Egu must go
Please, please, please. :roll:
First off, do you have any evidence to suggest Egu doesn’t get paid regularly?
Egu gets paid from a totally different pot than Rohr/Keshi/Oliseh, and I suspect he is on a different pay structure.

I believe if he is made the SE coach, this should be reviewed, but even then there is no evidence that delayed payments have been due to “corruption”.
Again, like many, you are sticking with an old narrative with your eyes and ears closed because it is the popular and easy thing to do. There is enough info out there to question whether what is popularly stated ‘upandan’ actually has any merit.

What you don’t realise is that you are casting aspersions on Egu’s character when you suggest he will start taking bribes if and when he doesn’t get paid. Do you suddenly become corrupt or fraudulent when you are out of work, or when your business has a dip in fortune? Do you start taking backhanders if your boss refuses you a desperately needed pay rise? :idea:

If it is not okay to accuse Egu of corruption with no evidence simply because he has made some peculiar player choices, then it is not okay to accuse the current NFF of corruption because they have the ‘peculiar’ habit of not paying their national coaches on time.

Let’s stick with facts and you can’t go wrong.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:53 am
I have nothing against Egu or how he is running the team. It is a joy to watch. A real joy. :thumbs:
Unbelievable!
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

Iheanacho
Chukwueze
Simon
Awoniyi
Sadiq
Ekong

Interesting, Simon on ur list?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Funny to see grown men rushing to give VE props for doing what he suppose to do as a reasonable person. Men, the bar must be so low.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

NationsCup wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:41 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:53 am
Unbelievable!
E shock you! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
moniker
Egg
Egg
Three games played, six different goal scorers

Post by moniker »

It really bodes well that we're scoring goals from every position and not just relying on the guys upfront. Let's hope it continues.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

highbury wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:10 pm Funny to see grown men rushing to give VE props for doing what he suppose to do as a reasonable person. Men, the bar must be so low.
Life is too short to hold grudges.

Ppl are allowed to grow and learn from past mistakes. We have to allow room for that.

I wish more ppl were like him. Allow for new evidence to change their stance instead of being dogged in their positions just to say they were right.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:23 pm
highbury wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:10 pm Funny to see grown men rushing to give VE props for doing what he suppose to do as a reasonable person. Men, the bar must be so low.
Life is too short to hold grudges.

Ppl are allowed to grow and learn from past mistakes. We have to allow room for that.

I wish more ppl were like him. Allow for new evidence to change their stance instead of being dogged in their positions just to say they were right.
I agree. But when you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, he can't help himself with his constant denigration of Keshi and Amodu.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Meanwhile, Chukwueze, Ejuke, Iwobi never even show. Looking forward to them coming to the party