Looking forward to when the SE move stadiums...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Looking forward to when the SE move stadiums...

Post by bushboy »

As much as I have enjoyed our success at our current base, watching the CIV play on this big pitch against Algeria is bringing to light how having fast players and good technical footballers on a big pitch with SPACE to operate is a delight!! I really want to see us play on one of these bigger pitches!!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Looking forward to when the SE move stadiums...

Post by Benedict Iroha »

bushboy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:14 pm As much as I have enjoyed our success at our current base, watching the CIV play on this big pitch against Algeria is bringing to light how having fast players and good technical footballers on a big pitch with SPACE to operate is a delight!! I really want to see us play on one of these bigger pitches!!!
We will play at this stadium through the Qtr finals we only move to that bad pitch in Olembe in the Semi finals.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bushboy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:14 pm As much as I have enjoyed our success at our current base, watching the CIV play on this big pitch against Algeria is bringing to light how having fast players and good technical footballers on a big pitch with SPACE to operate is a delight!! I really want to see us play on one of these bigger pitches!!!
Youve given me the opportunity to raise point I’ve been wanting to make since the tournament began:

The AFCON pitch dimensions are probably near-identical (we can fact-check, but I’m pretty sure they are).
What we are seeing that seems to make some look much bigger than others is the camera’s elevation.
The camera’s angle of elevation (height) makes a huge difference to space perception and ultimately enjoyment of the game.

You can see that our stadium in Garoua has a relatively low angle of elevation compared to the stadium Cameron plays in (Olembe, Yaounde), Senegal (Kouekong Stadium, Baffoussam) and Ivory Coast (Japoma Stadium, Douala).

Their pitches look bigger with much more space and you have an elevated view allowing you see larger portions of the pitch at any one time.
The lower the camera’s angle of elevation, the ‘tighter’ the field seems to be and the less you are able to appreciate space and movement.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:30 pm
Youve given me the opportunity to raise point I’ve been wanting to make since the tournament began:

The AFCON pitch dimensions are probably near-identical (we can fact-check, but I’m pretty sure they are).
What we are seeing that seems to make some look much bigger than others is the camera’s elevation.
The camera’s angle of elevation (height) makes a huge difference to space perception and ultimately enjoyment of the game.

You can see that our stadium in Garoua has a relatively low angle of elevation compared to the stadium Cameron plays in (Olembe, Yaounde), Senegal (Kouekong Stadium, Baffoussam) and Ivory Coast (Japoma Stadium, Douala).

Their pitches look bigger with much more space and you have an elevated view allowing you see larger portions of the pitch at any one time.
The lower the camera’s angle of elevation, the ‘tighter’ the field seems to be and the less you are able to appreciate space and movement.
You have said it all
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:30 pm

Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger