This KID Amooo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: This KID Amooo

Post by Igugu »

He was in camp at this World Cup with Ghana. Eguavoen did not use him. He would have been able to slice through Ghana defense and make comprehensive passes to Osimhen. But no, Egus did not see fit to change system of play to unlock the clog at the Ghana defense.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Igugu wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:08 am He was in camp at this World Cup with Ghana. Eguavoen did not use him. He would have been able to slice through Ghana defense and make comprehensive passes to Osimhen. But no, Egus did not see fit to change system of play to unlock the clog at the Ghana defense.

Simon,chukwueze,Lookman,Denis and Nacho couldn't do it. Doubt very much he'd had made any difference. Kid is good but let's not get carried away.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Agbako wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 pm

Can he do this in a National Team Colors.? I think we should give him a look. To me better than suppose strikers we are parading right now that cant dribble one player. Moses Simon exception..... I need A player like this in the box to cause havoc...
He is very good. Height almost like Maradona or Messi. He only needs to improve on his accuracy and stop running so much. Also watch those long shots and learn to shoot with the right foot too. Give him two years and he will be a household name in a European league. :thumbs: :thumbs:
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Can he replicate this at the highest level? If he can then all good. It's a while since I've seen a Nigerian player ball like this.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

He, like me, is half Ghanaian
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

I sure appreciate all you guys input on this kid. All I care is a good footballer. there is no need to degrade any player like one person did here. Especially when that player has not been given a look.

I pray there are more and even better young talents to build the future of Nigerian Football. But for now, the only player that has come close to what we are use to of Nigerian players is Victor Osimhen. Cheers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I was looking at the CL groups and saw Amoo's team, FC Copenhagen, is in Man City's group - along with Dortmund and Sevilla. Good tests for the kid.

Then I saw he hadn't been playing so I searched for news on him.

He's picked up a serious knee injury during training and is expected to be out for 9-10 MONTHS! I don't know whether this has been reported elsewhere on here.

A real pity so early in his career. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If he plays for the National team like this, Osimhen and Sadiq will win back to back AFPOY because of the number of goals they will score from his assists. Kpe-kpe teams like Ghana and Kenya will chop at least 5 goals each.

But we have to have Akpeyi in goal to make the team solid.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:31 am
Igugu wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:08 am He was in camp at this World Cup with Ghana. Eguavoen did not use him. He would have been able to slice through Ghana defense and make comprehensive passes to Osimhen. But no, Egus did not see fit to change system of play to unlock the clog at the Ghana defense.

Simon,chukwueze,Lookman,Denis and Nacho couldn't do it. Doubt very much he'd had made any difference. Kid is good but let's not get carried away.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kid is out for the season with a knee Injury.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:23 am
Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm You keep promoting this fallacy, maybe when they first leave the country . Within a year, Terem Moffi, moved from Lithuania to France, Arokodare moved to Germany and France, Dennis from Ukraine to the EPL, Yusuf from Sweden to Belgium, Bonnke from Sweden to France etc. The cream will always rise to the top and the scouting network in Europe is extensive and the good players will get scouted.
Abegi, which Bonke went from Sweden to France "within a year"? :blink:

The same Innocent Bonke who left Nigeria since 2013 or 2014, and has labored in Norway and Sweden in the SEVEN+ YEARS since, until his recent free agent signing with Lorient? Or is there another one? NONE of those aforelisted players moved to a top league "within a year" (and merely for the sake of argument, we are including the substantively second-tier Belgian league), except perhaps Tolu Arokodare, but even then he has thus far only made it to the French second division (albeit after a loan pitstop at Koln), where even Sunday Mba was able to move to directly from Nigeria.

Emmanuel Dennis most certainly did not make it to the EPL from Ukraine "within a year" but after more than FIVE YEARS of ups-and-down (including a calamitous spell at Koln), and even then it took the influence of the agent Mogi Bayat, who has a relationship with Gino Pozzo and has placed several players at the Pozzos' clubs (Udinese, Watford and Granada), such as Joao Pedro and Aspirilla, largely because Watford was desperate enough to take a punt at the low-ball fee of 3m (basically the same thing that is presently happening with Samuel Kalus, who is using Mogi as his agent and moving for reportedly another low-ball 3.5m Watford deal).

Scouting is NOT (and has NEVER been) an exact science, and there is NO "extensive" scouting network in Europe that somehow meritoriously and/or objectively evaluates (and thereafter places) all players across the vast landscape of the various European leagues. It many ways it can be a veritable crap shoot with as much misses as hits, in which the influence of personal ('man-know-man') is often crucial. For instance, it was the connection of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that brought Mikel to the attention of Man Utd when Mikel was at Lyn Oslo. Similarly, it is the common ownership relationship between Brentford and FC Midtjylland that helped Frank Onyeka land in the EPL after 4 years at FCM.
To be honest, I’m not sure what the thrust of this argument is but even though Dammy exaggerated quite a bit, there’s enough data to support the contention that good players will get noticed eventually; even Innocent Bonke… but special players, like Mikel, who get noticed at international youth tournaments will always be subject to a certain amount of scrutiny, Gunnar Solskjaer or no Gunnar Solskjaer. Even though Nwakali isn’t yet where we hoped he’d have been my now, from all accounts, he is presently the rave at his current club. He’s bound to get noticed sooner or later❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:29 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm You keep promoting this fallacy, maybe when they first leave the country . Within a year, Terem Moffi, moved from Lithuania to France, Arokodare moved to Germany and France, Dennis from Ukraine to the EPL, Yusuf from Sweden to Belgium, Bonnke from Sweden to France etc. The cream will always rise to the top and the scouting network in Europe is extensive and the good players will get scouted.

The same Innocent Bonke who left Nigeria since 2013 or 2014, and has labored in Norway and Sweden in the SEVEN+ YEARS since, until his recent free agent signing with Lorient? Or is there another one? NONE of those aforelisted players moved to a top league "within a year" (and merely for the sake of argument, we are including the substantively second-tier Belgian league), except perhaps Tolu Arokodare, but even then he has thus far only made it to the French second division (albeit after a loan pitstop at Koln), where even Sunday Mba was able to move to directly from Nigeria.

Emmanuel Dennis most certainly did not make it to the EPL from Ukraine "within a year" but after more than FIVE YEARS of ups-and-down (including a calamitous spell at Koln), and even then it took the influence of the agent Mogi Bayat, who has a relationship with Gino Pozzo and has placed several players at the Pozzos' clubs (Udinese, Watford and Granada), such as Joao Pedro and Aspirilla, largely because Watford was desperate enough to take a punt at the low-ball fee of 3m (basically the same thing that is presently happening with Samuel Kalus, who is using Mogi as his agent and moving for reportedly another low-ball 3.5m Watford deal).

Scouting is NOT (and has NEVER been) an exact science, and there is NO "extensive" scouting network in Europe that somehow meritoriously and/or objectively evaluates (and thereafter places) all players across the vast landscape of the various European leagues. It many ways it can be a veritable crap shoot with as much misses as hits, in which the influence of personal ('man-know-man') is often crucial. For instance, it was the connection of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that brought Mikel to the attention of Man Utd when Mikel was at Lyn Oslo. Similarly, it is the common ownership relationship between Brentford and FC Midtjylland that helped Frank Onyeka land in the EPL after 4 years at FCM.
To be honest, I’m not sure what the thrust of this argument is but even though Dammy exaggerated quite a bit, there’s enough data to support the contention that good players will get noticed eventually; even Innocent Bonke… but special players, like Mikel, who get noticed at international youth tournaments will always be subject to a certain amount of scrutiny, Gunnar Solskjaer or no Gunnar Solskjaer. Even though Nwakali isn’t yet where we hoped he’d have been my now, from all accounts, he is presently the rave at his current club. He’s bound to get noticed sooner or later❗️

Cheers.
TTTK

Gotti does have a point. No scouting anywhere and in any sport has ever been exact. There are numerous misses in the process and there are reasons. First football is a team sport and a player's effectiveness depends a lot on others. There are environmental issues as well. This is no mathematical endeavor nor will it ever be. The best is an attempt to improve probability and nothing more.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:41 pm Kid is out for the season with a knee Injury.
Yes, that's what I wrote.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:58 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:29 pm

Cheers.
TTTK

Gotti does have a point. No scouting anywhere and in any sport has ever been exact. There are numerous misses in the process and there are reasons. First football is a team sport and a player's effectiveness depends a lot on others. There are environmental issues as well. This is no mathematical endeavor nor will it ever be. The best is an attempt to improve probability and nothing more.
EII,

Not saying that Gotti doesn’t have a valid point but even after taking into account all the issues you raised that can affect the accurate assessment of a football player, I still insist that the cream does tend to rise to the top eventually❗️

Cheers.