This KID Amooo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: This KID Amooo

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ok after watching the YouTube video bobo looks good. Chei
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:44 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 pm VE

You still have not learned as this issue pertains to our players. The league does not accurately reflect how good an African player is. The reason is because of economics. These players leave there countries seeking to play wherever they will be legitimately paid for their labor. They do not ordinarily care whether it is in Denmark, Saudi, or Germany. This is especially true for their first port of call. You need to read up about migration of these players to better understand this phenomenon.
You keep promoting this fallacy, maybe when they first leave the country . Within a year, Terem Moffi, moved from Lithuania to France, Arokodare moved to Germany and France, Dennis from Ukraine to the EPL, Yusuf from Sweden to Belgium, Bonnke from Sweden to France etc. The cream will always rise to the top and the scouting network in Europe is extensive and the good players will get scouted.
Amoo is not going to last in Sweden. One more year tops.
I remember you had some inside info on this chap right from his U17 days. What's your prediction on this guy?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I love the fact he still has an eye for the pass. He doesn’t just face down, dribble and dribble. Still looks up and seek that final pass.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Agbako wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 pm

Can he do this in a National Team Colors.? I think we should give him a look. To me better than suppose strikers we are parading right now that cant dribble one player. Moses Simon exception..... I need A player like this in the box to cause havoc...

The more I watch the beautiful game, the more I am fascinated by players like Amoo. Here is a little exercise for anyone so inclined:

1. Pause the video at minute 6:06

2. Click on the settings icon and change the video speed to 0.5

3. Hit play and watch the unfolding poetry. The holy trinity of space + player + ball being computed, erected, erased and re-erected in seconds as I described in a previous post about the late great Diego Maradona

I have no idea what the kid's trajectory will look like or how he will keep honing and using his talent but I can say without a doubt that he has something rare and magical in the beautiful game.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:09 pm Ok after watching the YouTube video bobo looks good. Chei
That's the lesson. Watch first, comment second.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cito wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm I love the fact he still has an eye for the pass. He doesn’t just face down, dribble and dribble. Still looks up and seek that final pass.
Still things to work on such as movement and decision-making to find the man in space and lead to a likelier goal-scoring outcome but he's young and should improve dramatically in the right set up.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:29 pm

You still have not learned as this issue pertains to our players. The league does not accurately reflect how good an African player is. The reason is because of economics. These players leave there countries seeking to play wherever they will be legitimately paid for their labor. They do not ordinarily care whether it is in Denmark, Saudi, or Germany. This is especially true for their first port of call. You need to read up about migration of these players to better understand this phenomenon.
You keep promoting this fallacy, maybe when they first leave the country . Within a year, Terem Moffi, moved from Lithuania to France, Arokodare moved to Germany and France, Dennis from Ukraine to the EPL, Yusuf from Sweden to Belgium, Bonnke from Sweden to France etc. The cream will always rise to the top and the scouting network in Europe is extensive and the good players will get scouted.
I remember you had some inside info on this chap right from his U17 days. What's your prediction on this guy?
We have very high hopes for him. It's unfortunate he's no longer under our management but we trust the ppl he's with now. Like I said, I dont see him in Hammarby past this current season that starts in a few weeks. He's very level headed and a very dedicated worker on the field. Our problem then was he played too much football. Sometimes 2/3 games in a day. But he'll be great. I have no doubts about that.

I have another boy that was just as good as him but a bit older. He's in the Czech Republic now. I had high hopes for him as well but things did not go as planned. He's in an ok situation now but I want better for him. Hopefully we'll all be talking about him in 2/3 years. Adediran Quadri.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:11 pm

We have very high hopes for him. It's unfortunate he's no longer under our management but we trust the ppl he's with now. Like I said, I dont see him in Hammarby past this current season that starts in a few weeks. He's very level headed and a very dedicated worker on the field. Our problem then was he played too much football. Sometimes 2/3 games in a day. But he'll be great. I have no doubts about that.

I have another boy that was just as good as him but a bit older. He's in the Czech Republic now. I had high hopes for him as well but things did not go as planned. He's in an ok situation now but I want better for him. Hopefully we'll all be talking about him in 2/3 years. Adediran Quadri.
Thanks for giving us more inside gist.

It’s a shame that these young boys change management once they see small money. I hope that’s not the case here. Those who sow at the beginning should also reap in time of harvest.

I pray Amoo gets an opportunity in a stronger league to test himself. I don’t like how he was just brushing aside those boys in the Swedish league. It looked too easy.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Thanks, Ugbowo. It is good to have people who add rare insight on thia site, rather than the usual noisemakers. Lol
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

JESU KRISTI...

This guy is good... My oh my oh my...
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:32 pm Thanks, Ugbowo. It is good to have people who add rare insight on thia site, rather than the usual noisemakers. Lol
Exactly o!
I quickly checked to see whether any time in the past I have casually rubbished Ugbowo's considered opinion on any particular matter.
Fortunately I haven't. :D
I reserve that for the blatantly, unforgivably ignorant.
No names required.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:11 pm

Ahh chief... I get young eaglet ooooooo Make me too publicize am small small :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:49 pm

I am not saying the kid is not all that, or cannot be good because he is playing in Sweden.

But we need to chill until he proves himself in a tougher league, that's all.
The problem is we don’t have a league of our own to be too choosy so why should Nigeria let leagues dictate to who to select when they can’t build around the best from their own league?If he is showing potential in a Scandinavian league why can’t he tried in a friendly match?Its all about what he can add to our team.The kid Eyimba was tried out before he left for North Africa.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:38 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:49 pm

I am not saying the kid is not all that, or cannot be good because he is playing in Sweden.

But we need to chill until he proves himself in a tougher league, that's all.
The problem is we don’t have a league of our own to be too choosy so why should Nigeria let leagues dictate to who to select when they can’t build around the best from their own league? If he is showing potential in a Scandinavian league why can’t he tried in a friendly match? Its all about what he can add to our team.The kid Eyimba was tried out before he left for North Africa.
The problem here is that, best intentions aside, it isn't a very efficient system.

There are only so many slots and only so many friendlies available to test new players anyway.
Trying out new players that are impressing in a lower level league might feel good but the fact is there is even less guarantee such a player would duplicate their exploits against higher quality players.

We might as well go try out a player who is terrorising the Vietnamese of Indian leagues with dazzling runs and scoring 40 goals a season.
The only metric of real value that reduces the chances of inviting a dud in place of a better player struggling to perform in a higher league is to make a judgement call on the quality of the opposition.

Who is he dribbling 'ribo-ribo' like Messi and who is he defending against as if he is Virgil van Djik or Pique? Even performers in higher leagues struggle - Simi Nwankwo, Onuachu, Moffi, to name a few SEs from recent times.

That's how I see it anyway. It's not an easy call.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

I am already licking my lips at the thought of a front line of Simon-Osimhen-Amoo........Amen
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Are yall sure this is a broda? Seems more like a breda oh
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

i Never knew the pundits on CyberEagles actually took time to analyze this Kid Amoo I shared his video here. I am just wondering what he could have done if our coaches have balls like the Costa Rica Coach did playing about 8 young players including a 17 yr old who took a corner kick that was headed in for Costa Rica final 2-0 win against USA to have a shot in June against New Zealand for the World Cup. He dropped established players for the young ones who can run and hustle.

One thing I know as a coach. Amoo would have given Osimhen so many balls to finish that even Osimhen will be telling him to stop. Not only that he could have Messid his way in the box to create penalties. Honestly. Players like him are just too dangerous to touch in the box.

Like I said . All the boys who played against Ghana gave their all. I have no shame on them at all. The only one I vex for na that RB boy dem put for DF-Mid. The subs do not count either. (Abeg . Abeg. Musa. etc) I thank the boys for repping us. It was not just meant to be.

Integrity Failed us Again. Coach. Coach. Coach. why naaahhh.. Unfortunately this is bound to repeat itself forever. Untill the right thing is done.

But wait ooo fellas. In our Sec. School Days. We deh allow player wey no good to enter our school team? even if him papa na school Principal ? This is common sense folks. Why do e allow bad players to be in our teams because they have Godfathers or have money to pay their ways.....INTEGRITY....
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Agbako wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:34 pm i Never knew the pundits on CyberEagles actually took time to analyze this Kid Amoo I shared his video here. I am just wondering what he could have done if our coaches have balls like the Costa Rica Coach did playing about 8 young players including a 17 yr old who took a corner kick that was headed in for Costa Rica final 2-0 win against USA to have a shot in June against New Zealand for the World Cup. He dropped established players for the young ones who can run and hustle.

One thing I know as a coach. Amoo would have given Osimhen so many balls to finish that even Osimhen will be telling him to stop. Not only that he could have Messid his way in the box to create penalties. Honestly. Players like him are just too dangerous to touch in the box.

Like I said . All the boys who played against Ghana gave their all. I have no shame on them at all. The only one I vex for na that RB boy dem put for DF-Mid. The subs do not count either. (Abeg . Abeg. Musa. etc) I thank the boys for repping us. It was not just meant to be.

Integrity Failed us Again. Coach. Coach. Coach. why naaahhh.. Unfortunately this is bound to repeat itself forever. Untill the right thing is done.

But wait ooo fellas. In our Sec. School Days. We deh allow player wey no good to enter our school team? even if him papa na school Principal ? This is common sense folks. Why do e allow bad players to be in our teams because they have Godfathers or have money to pay their ways.....INTEGRITY....

A case of what could have been unfortunately. We'll never know now if he may have stepped up or been overawed with such a huge occasion. I for one would have felt when all those legs were tired, you may just push your luck and put in someone with pace to run at the defenders and maybe get a pen or just get them all shaky. Not introduce strikers with no one to feed them.

I genuinely hope the kid gets his chance in future and shows us he is all that and more. Best of luck to him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I don’t think Amoo was part of the subs I saw on the bench…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Ghana were so so physical over both legs. I think that played into the coach's thinking to not use him. Plus there was a lot of pressure on these games. No need to put anything like that on a kid's shoulders.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

There will be enough friendly games for the new coach to see what Amoo can do, plus Afcon 2023 qualifiers in 2 months time...lots of football to be played for the new coaching staffs to bed in their ideas.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The big question with this boy is whether or not he can play AM . All youtube videos have him playing as an inverted RW, not a position of concern for SE atvthis point. If he can't play AM then.all this hype is nattin.
OCCUPY NFF!!