Peter Olayinka vs Sadiq Umar

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mojojojo
Egg
Egg
Peter Olayinka vs Sadiq Umar

Post by mojojojo »

I was really impressed with Peter's contribution.

His hold up play and passing is top notch. Reminds me of Utaka. I am not sure of his goal return though, but perhaps he should be second choice behind Awoniyi.

I have seen what Sadiq can offer. Perhaps he will get better. However I am very interested to see what Olayinka will bring to the team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peter Olayinka vs Sadiq Umar

Post by maceo4 »

Yep, looked much more involved than Sadiq and was eager to show something, was selfless and set up Moses and other teammates. But he doesn’t have the big name factor so no one seems to care lol…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

As a 9 Sadiq is the better player, but Olayinka offers something different if thrust into that role. Good tactical option for Eguavoen.
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 pm Yep, looked much more involved than Sadiq and was eager to show something, was selfless and set up Moses and other teammates. But he doesn’t have the big name factor so no one seems to care lol…
I think he plays in Slavia Prague. The top team in Czech. The team also played in Europa League a couple of weeks ago. Sadiq plays in second division Spain.

The difference in the quality of their decision making is apparent. Olayinka is probably less of a goal threat.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

SADIQ needs to live in the gym and work his leg muscles; too clumsy
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There goes the "holdup-playability" again.

We want our forwards to score, not hold up play. So far only Sadiq has scored among the new forwards. Awoniyi's goal should be credited to whoever hit his head with the ball.😁
mojojojo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:48 pm I was really impressed with Peter's contribution.

His hold up play and passing is top notch. Reminds me of Utaka. I am not sure of his goal return though, but perhaps he should be second choice behind Awoniyi.

I have seen what Sadiq can offer. Perhaps he will get better. However I am very interested to see what Olayinka will bring to the team.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I’m all for that as long as you credit Iheanacho, who practically hit Sadiq’s leg with the ball, with Sadiq’s goal🤐🤔❗️
1naija wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 am There goes the "holdup-playability" again.

We want our forwards to score, not hold up play. So far only Sadiq has scored among the new forwards. Awoniyi's goal should be credited to whoever hit his head with the ball.😁
mojojojo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:48 pm I was really impressed with Peter's contribution.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, you need to watch your choice of beverage during games so you can see the games better. Sadiq used pace to make the goal seem easy.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 am I’m all for that as long as you credit Iheanacho, who practically hit Sadiq’s leg with the ball, with Sadiq’s goal🤐🤔❗️
1naija wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 am There goes the "holdup-playability" again.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Uncle 1naira, I see the games just fine; I only drink juice and water during games to combat dehydration as a result of anxious optimism… but you should lay off that weed. It’s got you thinking that Joseph Yobo bounced the ball off Awoniyi’s head🙂❗️

Cheers.
1naija wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:01 am Uncle, you need to watch your choice of beverage during games so you can see the games better. Sadiq used pace to make the goal seem easy.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 am I’m all for that as long as you credit Iheanacho, who practically hit Sadiq’s leg with the ball, with Sadiq’s goal🤐🤔❗️

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Kayi.... see finishing! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :rotf: Who finished you?

Undertaker wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:09 am Kayi.... see finishing! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

this is a stupid comparison.

Might as well be Simon vs Nwakali
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:22 am this is a stupid comparison.

Might as well be Simon vs Nwakali
What’s stupid about it? Who replaced Sadiq to play the number 9 position? They might play the position differently but one can still compare their overall contribution and effectiveness on the team.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:48 am SADIQ needs to live in the gym and work his leg muscles; too clumsy
You read my mind. This guys issue might just be that he lacks leg and core strength. He needs to spend one off season not seeing a ball, and working on his balance problems. Dude is like a baby giraffe right now.

I am shocked that he has made it this far, he must have good determination and talent.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:00 am
jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:48 am SADIQ needs to live in the gym and work his leg muscles; too clumsy
You read my mind. This guys issue might just be that he lacks leg and core strength. He needs to spend one off season not seeing a ball, and working on his balance problems. Dude is like a baby giraffe right now.

I am shocked that he has made it this far, he must have good determination and talent.
He just needs to adjust to the African game.
He has always been tall and leggy. His problem might be protecting himself and he should use his ‘talent’ to win free kicks and penalties.
He could easily have won a VAR query against the Sudanese GK when he just failed to round him in that game. Rather, that was one tackle he stayed on his feet when he shoulda done the opposite.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 am

He just needs to adjust to the African game.
He has always been tall and leggy. His problem might be protecting himself and he should use his ‘talent’ to win free kicks and penalties.
He could easily have won a VAR query against the Sudanese GK when he just failed to round him in that game. Rather, that was one tackle he stayed on his feet when he shoulda done the opposite.
Bros, there are plenty of tall strikers, Harland, Haller, Lewandowski etc.

It is not about being tall and leggy.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Sadiq hasn’t had a good tournament so far, but let’s not write him off yet. He also doesn’t seem to quite understand what he’s being asked to do which is unusual in this Egu side where everyone is so well drilled.
It like the moment has gotten to him. And to be subbed immediately after scoring must have made him think he can’t win.
It’ll come to him, but he’s not one of our most important strikers right now.
Olayinka is clearly a more mature player and understood his role on the day. He can do a job in the squad.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 pm Yep, looked much more involved than Sadiq and was eager to show something, was selfless and set up Moses and other teammates. But he doesn’t have the big name factor so no one seems to care lol…
I am confused I counted 4 chances that Sadiq was involved in plus the goal and he played just 50 mins!. If that's not involvement then I don't know what to say. You need to make the right runs and be in the best positions to get chances and Sadiq did just that.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

good point
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

guys Sadiq also has a tournament goal in his first ever start for the SE( that says a lot oo) Onuachu, Osimhen , Awoniyi etc never scored in their first respective tourneys at senior Level. Sadiq is a goal scorer and will score more goals than any current SE number 9 in AFCON
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:48 am
I am confused I counted 4 chances that Sadiq was involved in plus the goal and he played just 50 mins!. If that's not involvement then I don't know what to say. You need to make the right runs and be in the best positions to get chances and Sadiq did just that.
:clap: :clap: people make surprising comments or simply use words wrongly. Involved? Sadiq was certainly involved. Had several shots at goal!!! Surely, he did. Involvement going forward was not the issue. What was the issue is effectiveness WHEN NIGERIAWAS ATTEMPTING BALL RECOVERY. However, even on that he did much better in the recent game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dude lacks a lot of things.

I am sorry to say, he fails the eye and smell test.

I don't know what he does well.

Just not Eagles material.

Olayinka and Ndah in the little minutes they both played showed more...

My gross with Sadiq is that he is battling for consideration in a position that he could have made a case for... he hasn't thus far.

I mean, what can you say he does better or as well as the other center forwards?

Tripping over himself and easily knocked off the ball... is it his pressing game? Hold up play? Passing? Running the channels? Positional awareness? Physicality? Agression? Heading?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:48 am
The thread is a comparison between the two players and I said he looked more involved not that Sadiq was not involved. There’s a difference…But Sadiqs involvement didn’t lead to many effective moves or plays or opportunities as far as I remember. From the jump he was clumsy miscontrolled a simple throw in off his chest and into touch with nobody around him. Multiple plays kept dying at his feet including that annoying attempt from the halfway line that had Iwobi incensed as we had a great counter there with numbers. His decision making was suspect as he almost chose the wrong option or executed it poorly like the attempted cushion header to a marked Ajayi in the box when he himself was wide open. He scored a tap in but other than that I didn’t see things he did that Olayinka didn’t show he could also do in a shorter amount of time (and let’s not forget it was his first actual minutes at the tourney), but Olayinka also linked up better with the teammates around and if Simon wasn’t selfish on that play where he dribbled everybody Peter too could have gotten a ‘tap in’ goal too as he was the most obvious square pass.

Mind you I’m a Sadiq fan and was calling for him over a certain power forward for the longest time, but I’m also a realist and say things how they are (how I see them) not how I desire them to be, as I wish Sadiq so far has shown to be a better fit so we can get away from Basketball players, but unfortunately that’s not what is happening on the field.
Super Eagus 4 Life!