Egu and Tunisia again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Egu and Tunisia again

Post by chief nfachairman »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:47 pm You just can't be overconfident at this stage. We have been playing better but these teams know all tricks in the book and it can be annoying. BTW, does anyone know why the referee failed to check VAR on the pk that Mahrez missed [Akgeria v Ivory Coast] ? That was no way on earth a pk. In fact, the Algerian player should have been redcarded for a deliberate dive and fouling the Ivorian player. It was just incredible.
The Algerian team has been weak this tournament. And when you check their calibre of players in their first 11, some play in oscure leagues like Saudi, some are bench warmers in Europe. Their times up.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

nanijoe wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:37 pm Not sure you've been following this AFCON...Tunisia has missed penalties in 3 consecutive matches
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:15 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 pm Tunisia will hope to drag us to the trenches with them by fighting for a draw and taking us to PK, and they ARE VERY GOOD AT PKs especially in knock out stages of a tournament (historically), we should do our best to beat them by scoring our goals early, then smartly see out the game including all the dirty antics they will pull, and most especially try avoid PK shootouts.
Hehehe.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

chief nfachairman wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:01 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:47 pm You just can't be overconfident at this stage. We have been playing better but these teams know all tricks in the book and it can be annoying. BTW, does anyone know why the referee failed to check VAR on the pk that Mahrez missed [Akgeria v Ivory Coast] ? That was no way on earth a pk. In fact, the Algerian player should have been redcarded for a deliberate dive and fouling the Ivorian player. It was just incredible.
The Algerian team has been weak this tournament. And when you check their calibre of players in their first 11, some play in oscure leagues like Saudi, some are bench warmers in Europe. Their times up.
And that is why they are on their way home.

As touching Tunisia, playing in obscure leagues says little about the team. Sunday Mba playing in the local Nigeria League was the Elephant Slayer in 2013!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 pm What exactly are you saying? Should we just call in sick and go home?

Abbey wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:09 pm Beware what you wish for.
At this stage any team playing Nigeria will always prepare for Nigeria. I hope we won't be complacent and take things for granted. Tunisia has always played Nigeria tough. We beat them for 3rd place in the last tournament and I am sure it is still fresh on their mind.
But I have abundant confidence that Nigeria will win handily.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He also said "At this stage any team playing Nigeria will always prepare for Nigeria" :rotf: :rotf: who else should they prepare for? Afghanistan??? :rotf: :rotf: The level of cowardice and weirdness on this forum is beyond me. Due to their support for failures like Arsenal and Tottenham, as well as PTSD received from 6 years of Groundnut Rogue, Nigerians have now become failures, losers and cowards who talk nonsense!

WTF?!! We are playing Tunisia! They will prepare for us and we will prepare for them. We now know that our team will fight to the end, unlike before. We will do our best to win. If we lose, so be it! WTF?! What manner of human beings are these??
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:19 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 pm Tunisia will hope to drag us to the trenches with them by fighting for a draw and taking us to PK, and they ARE VERY GOOD AT PKs especially in knock out stages of a tournament (historically), we should do our best to beat them, see out the game including all the dirty antics they will pull, and most especially try avoid PK shootouts.
Now I know you just talk just for the heck of it. Which Tunisia is good in PK? The one that have missed 5 PK in a row? Baba na real wa for you
:rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Tunisia's coach tests positive for Covid-19..

Local source in Tunisia
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The PCR tests of coach of Tunisia national team Mondher Kbaier, the team doctor, Souheil Chemli, the goalkeeper coach, the physiotherapist and the equipment guard have tested positive for coronavirus.

Carthage Eagles will face Nigeria next Sunday.

Local source in Tunisia
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

If I was Tunisian, I’d be quaking about Sunday. These are two teams whose fortunes are heading in very different directions.

Football is not math, but this could be a bloodbath.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:32 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 pm What exactly are you saying? Should we just call in sick and go home?

At this stage any team playing Nigeria will always prepare for Nigeria. I hope we won't be complacent and take things for granted. Tunisia has always played Nigeria tough. We beat them for 3rd place in the last tournament and I am sure it is still fresh on their mind.

He also said "At this stage any team playing Nigeria will always prepare for Nigeria" :rotf: :rotf: who else should they prepare for? Afghanistan??? :rotf: :rotf: The level of cowardice and weirdness on this forum is beyond me. Due to their support for failures like Arsenal and Tottenham, as well as PTSD received from 6 years of Groundnut Rogue, Nigerians have now become failures, losers and cowards who talk nonsense!

WTF?!! We are playing Tunisia! They will prepare for us and we will prepare for them. We now know that our team will fight to the end, unlike before. We will do our best to win. If we lose, so be it! WTF?! What manner of human beings are these??
What’s your prediction?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

fabio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:27 pm
chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 pm Tunisia would be flogged. There camp is ravaged by COVID-19 and they have as many as 7 starters out.

They qualified as best losers as they were 3rd in their group
What if their players recover from Covid-19?
I am actually more concerned about their players giving our players COVID.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

The Eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:05 pm
fabio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:27 pm
chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 pm Tunisia would be flogged. There camp is ravaged by COVID-19 and they have as many as 7 starters out.

They qualified as best losers as they were 3rd in their group
What if their players recover from Covid-19?
I am actually more concerned about their players giving our players COVID.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:32 pm

What’s your prediction?
I havent watched Tunisia this tournament and in the last 2 years. I have no idea about them.

What I do know is that since we fired a coward, whose face looks like bottle opener, my team has played differently. We have attached and we have defended. We have scored 6 in 3 and conceded only 1, due to a penalty. We would have scored more than 3-4 in the first game alone and at least 3-4 in the third game, but for bad finishing.

Having had the joy sucked out of me for the past 4 years or so, I will support my team with so much vigor, happiness and determination on Sunday! What ever happens after that, happens!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I know Eguwavon and the players will not underestimate Tunisia. I expect a tough game from the Tunisians as they have been hit by a lot of adversity.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

charlie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:47 pm I know Eguwavon and the players will not underestimate Tunisia. I expect a tough game from the Tunisians as they have been hit by a lot of adversity.
11 v 11 and though Nigeria will begin as favorite, we better be ready because being in top league no go play ball for you and na one mistake you go go home.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:09 pm TUNISIA !!!! YEEEAAAAAA...THE END IS NEAR. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Image wetin dey worry you. :roll:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

No reason to underestimate Tunisia who are ranked higher than Nigeria per FIFA. Nigeria are no favorites but should be eager to prove they deserve a higher ranking than their opponents
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

wazobia wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:30 pm No reason to underestimate Tunisia who are ranked higher than Nigeria per FIFA. Nigeria are no favorites but should be eager to prove they deserve a higher ranking than their opponents
Who takes FIFA ranking seriously
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Only the SuperEagles can beat the SuperEagles in this tournament. Happily, Odiye isn’t here to gift Tunisia an own goal🤐😃❗️

Cheers.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Win or go home time. It frankly matters nought how you got to the knockout stages. Italy were crap in the round stages in 1982 and played some of the best football in WC history to win the cup.
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 pm
wazobia wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:30 pm No reason to underestimate Tunisia who are ranked higher than Nigeria per FIFA. Nigeria are no favorites but should be eager to prove they deserve a higher ranking than their opponents
Who takes FIFA ranking seriously
Obviously CAF does, hence using to determine seeding for the World Cup qualification 3rd round
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

naijaguy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:57 pm Tunisia will be so flogged by the SE. I pity them in advance.
I hope you are correct.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.