Egu and Tunisia again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Egu and Tunisia again

Post by Cito »

Robbynice wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:19 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 pm Tunisia will hope to drag us to the trenches with them by fighting for a draw and taking us to PK, and they ARE VERY GOOD AT PKs especially in knock out stages of a tournament (historically), we should do our best to beat them, see out the game including all the dirty antics they will pull, and most especially try avoid PK shootouts.
Now I know you just talk just for the heck of it. Which Tunisia is good in PK? The one that have missed 5 PK in a row? Baba na real wa for you
Truer words have never been typed on these pages.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Tunisia would be flogged. There camp is ravaged by COVID-19 and they have as many as 7 starters out.

They qualified as best losers as they were 3rd in their group
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 pm Tunisia would be flogged. There camp is ravaged by COVID-19 and they have as many as 7 starters out.

Ok o.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 pm Tunisia would be flogged. There camp is ravaged by COVID-19 and they have as many as 7 starters out.

What if their players recover from Covid-19?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

Tunisia has never been easy to play, we will have to be at our best as they are a traditionally very organised team. all the players play mostly at home so they always be a threat.

not an easy draw

to be the best you have to beat the best of them all
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

You just can't be overconfident at this stage. We have been playing better but these teams know all tricks in the book and it can be annoying. BTW, does anyone know why the referee failed to check VAR on the pk that Mahrez missed [Akgeria v Ivory Coast] ? That was no way on earth a pk. In fact, the Algerian player should have been redcarded for a deliberate dive and fouling the Ivorian player. It was just incredible.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

fabio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:27 pm

What if our players get COVID? I hope not but the situation is pretty dynamic
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I don join Emir dey shake oooo lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:14 am I don join Emir dey shake oooo lol
Insult. :mrgreen: Maybe, just maybe I would shake for Cameroon, but that's it.

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I hate to play teams like Tunisia, they are very good at pulling every tricks out of their hat especially when it comes to knock out tournaments, but we will beat them.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The Man United kid is suspended too.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

My friends, we can be overconfident here, but I hope the boys are not, and I hope they realize that this is football and many strange things happen in a one-off game. Teams that were totally lousy in the group stages have gone out to win World Cups and Nations Cups. It is not unheard of. Overconfidence kills in football. Ask the Brazilians.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

ohsee wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:41 am My friends, we can be overconfident here, but I hope the boys are not, and I hope they realize that this is football and many strange things happen in a one-off game. Teams that were totally lousy in the group stages have gone out to win World Cups and Nations Cups. It is not unheard of. Overconfidence kills in football. Ask the Brazilians.
Brazilians ke
the story and video of the 98 world cup 2nd round against Denmark should always be used as motivation in any knockout phase for the SE, either way we move
cmon SE, u gat this
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kawawa wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:05 am

So what do you want to hear? That they will beat us? I don't get it with some of you guys. If you want to believe they will beat us fine but don't try to persuade does of us that think differently. I am in the group of people that think we will not only beat this Tunisia team but that we will beat them well. With at least 2 goals that is.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:27 am

So what do you want to hear? That they will beat us? I don't get it with some of you guys. If you want to believe they will beat us fine but don't try to persuade does of us that think differently. I am in the group of people that think we will not only beat this Tunisia team but that we will beat them well. With at least 2 goals that is.
Nigerian fans have become so weak minded, I guess that's what years of been used to mediocre standards does to you as a fan.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Aina & co should make sure they don’t step on anybody’s foot in the penalty box o! That’s how Tunisia likes to score when they can’t get goals from open play
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Did a sneak peek in the Tunisian fans forum and found a thread on the upcoming game with the feelings of their fans mostly leaning towards dread and hopelessness against Nigeria, they seemed to be particularly scared of Simon Moses (which could suggest Simon will be the most targeted player), fortunately we have unpredictably dangerous players in other positions and Nacho, Awoniyi and Aribo will fancy their chances against them.

Here's the thread, you can use Google translate cause it's not in English

https://www.tunisie-foot.com/forum/thre ... ant-match/
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We need to be careful not to concede needless FKs and Pks. Ekong and Aina especially need to be careful. Thats how they will try to score cos i dont see them scoring us in open play. We also need to take our chances and be ruthless up front. Kill the game off early and destroy their will to live. Awo and Ihenacho need to be razor sharp up front.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:47 pm You just can't be overconfident at this stage. We have been playing better but these teams know all tricks in the book and it can be annoying. BTW, does anyone know why the referee failed to check VAR on the pk that Mahrez missed [Akgeria v Ivory Coast] ? That was no way on earth a pk. In fact, the Algerian player should have been redcarded for a deliberate dive and fouling the Ivorian player. It was just incredible.
I am astounded. What on earth is the VAR here for if they cannot even see basic things like that silly dive.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

They have 2 players suspended as well plus the 12 who were out with Covid. We need to just take care of business. One game at a time. Each game a final.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:27 am

I actually never said we will not win. However, the chest pounding in some of the threads is over the top. The Covid issue? That worries me too because while Tunisia today can be any team tomorrow. It can well be the great equalizer in this tournament
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

VAR would have confirmed it was a foul. I just watched the game on dvr . The player did embelish it afterwards, but it was a foul.
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:47 pm You just can't be overconfident at this stage. We have been playing better but these teams know all tricks in the book and it can be annoying. BTW, does anyone know why the referee failed to check VAR on the pk that Mahrez missed [Akgeria v Ivory Coast] ? That was no way on earth a pk. In fact, the Algerian player should have been redcarded for a deliberate dive and fouling the Ivorian player. It was just incredible.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Dem go still chop am. Tunisia has naturally been naija's sidechick from time. And with the way this team is playing with all guns blazing, I doubt Tunisia can withstand it.