Please help (CAF is a disgrace)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Please help (CAF is a disgrace)

Post by Paveman »

So, the official CAF website lists the official broadcasters allowed to show AFCON and it says that if your country is not listed, then you can watch them for free on CAF’s official youtube channel.

Turns out that after a couple of days CAF had to put everything down for copyright violations (can you just believe that?? You violate copyright of your own tournament). It’s unbelievable.

Bottom line, I have tried everything to watch the games, but all I have managed is bad links with no commentary and games which I cannot even cast on my TV. It’s getting tiring :( and really ruining my experience.

I have used VPNs, I have tried downloading packages as I don’t mind paying. Nothing works because for apps like Fubo and BBC and Bein you need to download the apps and actually be in the country you are buying it from. So even if you have a VPN, the app simply won’t download.

Any tips welcome, this has really got me down these past few days..l
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Please help (CAF is a disgrace)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I don't understand how you can't download the apps using a VPN, but that aside there are several options:

Do you have access to a Samsung Smart TV? If you do you can watch Bein Sports Extra on the Samsung TV app. They are carrying all the AFCON games.

Can you get Italian TV from Malta? They have to be showing the AFCON in Italy.

https://media.eurosport.com/post/discov ... a-cup-of-n

Another option is the Plex app. Have you tried it?

If all else fails, you can watch AFCON games on www.hesgoal.com (dodgy website with lots of dodgy ads, and sometimes needing to be refreshed)

Wha choo looking at?!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:33 am I don't understand how you can't download the apps using a VPN, but that aside there are several options:

Do you have access to a Samsung Smart TV? If you do you can watch Bein Sports Extra on the Samsung TV app. They are carrying all the AFCON games.

Can you get Italian TV from Malta? They have to be showing the AFCON in Italy.

https://media.eurosport.com/post/discov ... a-cup-of-n

Another option is the Plex app. Have you tried it?

If all else fails, you can watch AFCON games on www.hesgoal.com (dodgy website with lots of dodgy ads, and sometimes needing to be refreshed)
Hi Scipio,

Thanks so much for this.

The problem about using the VPN is that I have to first change my general settings (both Android and Iphone - I have both) on the phone including my Apple ID to reflect that I have moved from my current country. When I do that, I lose other apps and it has played havoc on my phone, also having work issues, connecting to servers etc.

We get Italian TV but the same geoblocking and restrictions apply. Afcon is on DAZN which is the same subscription and not allowed to get legally in Malta. Also, no Samsung TV :(

I will try the Plex app, thanks.
Yeah I’m using hesgoal but it is terrible and cannot be casted so I end up watching it on the phone without commentary and relatively poor quality :(

Thanks for your detailed help, much appreciated. I still can’t believe CAF has made a mess of this. I’m a willing paying customer but can’t find a solution.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

oyek wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:49 am
Tried reading the thread, but doesn’t seem related…