Musa's Retirement Tournament?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa's Retirement Tournament?

Post by vancity eagle »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:44 pm I appreciate Musa, but I can't help but think this our tradition of having a non playing superstar going on a glorified farewell tour is a missed opportunity.

Would it not be better to have someone like Amoo, go, perhaps room with Simon and learn from some of the players?

Just a thought
No mind them.

I cannot believe the nonsense I am hearing.

So we would deny Amoo a chance to go to the world cup as a young superstar for a non entity.?

Why not give Mikel a proper swansong. He actually would even bring far more value than chicken head Musa.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I appreciate Musa. He has made us proud.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

kawawa wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:35 pm I appreciate Musa. He has made us proud.
So he should keep playing another 5 years ?

What does appreciating him for what he did 4 YEARS AGO have to do with his continued call ups today ?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:43 pm

What does appreciating him for what he did 4 YEARS AGO have to do with his continued call ups today ?
Tell me the purpose of this thread then
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:58 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:43 pm

Tell me the purpose of this thread then
I dont know I didn't start it.

But Musa deserves any yabs he is getting., until he calls it quits.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:54 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:44 pm I appreciate Musa, but I can't help but think this our tradition of having a non playing superstar going on a glorified farewell tour is a missed opportunity.

Would it not be better to have someone like Amoo, go, perhaps room with Simon and learn from some of the players?

Just a thought
No mind them.

So we would deny Amoo a chance to go to the world cup as a young superstar for a non entity.?

Why not give Mikel a proper swansong. He actually would even bring far more value than chicken head Musa.
I don’t think Musa should be in the squad anymore with all the talent bursting out in attacking positions.

But…

If we continue to play with a support striker, it’s worth noting that Iheanacho has no understudy. We’ve got good target men, pacy wide attackers and Nacho.

Musa has played that role in the past to devastating effect.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:32 pm

Just a thought
No mind them.

I don’t think Musa should be in the squad anymore with all the talent bursting out in attacking positions.

But…

If we continue to play with a support striker, it’s worth noting that Iheanacho has no understudy. We’ve got good target men, pacy wide attackers and Nacho.

Devastating effect when ?

He was clueless when played there recently by Rohr.

Nacho doesn't need an understudy. He is not a position we need necessarily. But if you really wanted to play that way or similar, one of Iwobi, Aribo, Nwakali, Ejaria, Kalu, Lookman, Dennis, Amoo would all be better players to sit between the main striker and our midfield than Musa.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Musa has earned his place but it would unfair if and when Nigeria attends the WC final and he Musa is included as a passenger.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I feel the support Musa gets is solely based on the fact that he's the quintessential nice guy with no controversy type of sentiment, deep down we all know that guy is wasting the space of other young players who will give an arm to play for the GWG with far higher trajectories to offer... let's keep deceiving ourselves sha..
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Musa is a national hero. He’s 29. If the coach doesn’t think he’s good enough, fine. But I don’t know why we’re forcing him into retirement
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

deanotito wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm Musa is a national hero. He’s 29. If the coach doesn’t think he’s good enough, fine. But I don’t know why we’re forcing him into retirement

Well in that case, he still has a few more Afcon left in him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

deanotito wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm Musa is a national hero. He’s 29. If the coach doesn’t think he’s good enough, fine. But I don’t know why we’re forcing him into retirement
Musa isn't much of a national hero any more than Mikel Obi or even Victor Moses, yet when those two players got the hint that they were surplus to requirment, they kept to due diligence and principle by exiting the scene and giving other younger players a chance to shine.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:29 pm I don't even know why we find joy in insulting our players especially those that have served us for a long time and did so well. Musa already said in a press conference (I believe prior to the Egypt game) that this AFCON is his last one so I don't know the purpose of this thread. We really need to start appreciating those that serve our fatherland.
PKOM
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:32 pm
Musa isn't much of a national hero any more than Mikel Obi or even Victor Moses, yet when those two players got the hint that they were surplus to requirment, they kept to due diligence and principle by exiting the scene and giving other younger players a chance to shine.
Victor Moses ? Abeg come again
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 pm
Victor Moses has done more for Nigeria than Musa, unpopular opinion but it's the truth.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

the thing is that both Mikel and Victor Moses would be FAR MORE USEFULL to our team than Musa. Musa literally offers NOTHING to the team, ZILCH.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:38 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 pm
Victor Moses has done more for Nigeria than Musa, unpopular opinion but it's the truth.
Victor Moses was a major part of us winning afcon 2013, while Musa was rotting on the bench, even back then, A DECADE AGO, he was already useless on the African scene.

Musa was so bad that Keshi preferred to play A STRIKER (Ideye Brown) in the winger role that was more naturally Musa's position.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:50 pm
waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:32 pm

Just a thought
No mind them.

But…

Devastating effect when ?

He was clueless when played there recently by Rohr.

Nacho doesn't need an understudy. He is not a position we need necessarily. But if you really wanted to play that way or similar, one of Iwobi, Aribo, Nwakali, Ejaria, Kalu, Lookman, Dennis, Amoo would all be better players to sit between the main striker and our midfield than Musa.
Argentina. In support of Emenike.
Iceland. In support of Nacho.
Cameroon 2019. In support of Ighalo.

I repeat, those are too long ago for it to make the case for him to go.
But if support striker is something we’re gonna do, we need more than Nacho and we need to solve that. Fast.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Musa is solid in my books. So many games under Rohr when the lads dont know where the goal post is, it was Musa that produce any semblance of offense. He is gracious enough to let the young ones play but when the going gets tough, Musa is who you need on the field.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oscar52 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:53 pm So many games under Rohr when the lads dont know where the goal post is, it was Musa that produce any semblance of offense. He is gracious enough to let the young ones play but when the going gets tough, Musa is who you need on the field.
which games please ?

How long ago ?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:34 pm
Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:29 pm I don't even know why we find joy in insulting our players especially those that have served us for a long time and did so well. Musa already said in a press conference (I believe prior to the Egypt game) that this AFCON is his last one so I don't know the purpose of this thread. We really need to start appreciating those that serve our fatherland.
Many people use the Internet as an escape from unfulfilled lives🤔❗️

Cheers.
Couldn't have been said better. :agree: :agree: :agree:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It's hilarious that the forum is allowed to shade a player who scores a goal in his first full game at afcon, basically his international debut, making all sorts of ambiguous claims.

Yet to state A MATTER OF FACT, that a player has not contributed anything of note, and has been utter crap in GWG for almost 4 years, and all of a sudden that is so uncouth.

Double standards.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:42 am It's hilarious that the forum is allowed to shade a player who scores a goal in his first full game at afcon, basically his international debut, making all sorts of ambiguous claims.

Yet to state A MATTER OF FACT, that a player has not contributed anything of note, and has been utter crap in GWG for almost 4 years, and all of a sudden that is so uncouth.

Double standards.
You are insulting a player whose crime is ANSWERING National Call. I did not invite himself remember.

If there is any problem it should be directed to those inviting him!

Seems what people like you want is players REFUSING National Call.

Don't worry you may get your wish soon!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”