Musa's Retirement Tournament?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Musa's Retirement Tournament?

Post by ANC »

AFCON 2023? :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa's Retirement Tournament?

Post by vancity eagle »

Egu should just sit him down, thank him for his services, but tell him CLEARLY he is no longer needed.

Enough is enough.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The fact that he was not fielded in a dead rubber match says a lot.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The fact that he was not fielded in a dead rubber match says a lot.
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:50 am The fact that he was not fielded in a dead rubber match says a lot.
he played o
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

It's really funny even his biggest supporters are not complaining! When it is time to predict players for the eagles, his fans don't even mention him,why? :rotf:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I don't even know why we find joy in insulting our players especially those that have served us for a long time and did so well. Musa already said in a press conference (I believe prior to the Egypt game) that this AFCON is his last one so I don't know the purpose of this thread. We really need to start appreciating those that serve our fatherland.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:29 pm I don't even know why we find joy in insulting our players especially those that have served us for a long time and did so well. Musa already said in a press conference (I believe prior to the Egypt game) that this AFCON is his last one so I don't know the purpose of this thread. We really need to start appreciating those that serve our fatherland.
Many people use the Internet as an escape from unfulfilled lives🤔❗️

Cheers.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:29 pm I don't even know why we find joy in insulting our players especially those that have served us for a long time and did so well. Musa already said in a press conference (I believe prior to the Egypt game) that this AFCON is his last one so I don't know the purpose of this thread. We really need to start appreciating those that serve our fatherland.
KPOM well said
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:44 pm
KPOM well said
Flex

This is a public discussion ooo. Not everyone can share similar views. While I certainly believe that Musa deserves respect, one must understand that there are other perspectives. All should be welcome.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I think we should turn this thread to Ahmed Musa appreciation ; top scorer at the World Cup for 9ja, has won the nations cup has won bronze, most capped player. I remember certain players used to skip qualifiers, missing the way to the airport, refusing to honour internationals and finished their international careers with a mere 60 caps.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:49 pm
KPOM well said
Flex

This is a public discussion ooo. Not everyone can share similar views. While I certainly believe that Musa deserves respect, one must understand that there are other perspectives. All should be welcome.
Baba you know better. Public or private, opening a thread to insult players is uncalled for. Where is the opinion here? Haba! It should never be accepted for threads to be opened to insult players especially those that have served us well.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am AFCON 2023? :rotf:
And what's funny?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

KPOM well said
Flex

Fans can have any opinion on players but what is the purpose of opening a thread with the only intention is to insult a player that has won nations cup, over 100 caps and top 9ja player to score at the World Cup ?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

KPOM well said
Flex

Mocking one of our long-serving footballers and current captain at the tail end of his career is not welcome here. The lowlifes can carry their mocking to other platforms like Twitter that accept such nonsense.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:14 pm
ANC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am AFCON 2023? :rotf:
And what's funny?
you
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

My Exact Sentiments :agree:

Thank You

Did these players and coaches walk in and took over the teams or did someone pick them ?
Many do not know what sacrifies & inconveniences they go through to represent their countries.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

blueangel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:18 pm
My Exact Sentiments :agree:

Thank You

Did these players and coaches walk in and took over the teams or did someone pick them ?
Many do not know what sacrifies & inconveniences they go through to represent their countries.
Completely agree 100%
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I prefer to appreciate Musa at this point in his career.

He brought hope with his goals against Argentina and unbelievable joy with the Iceland goals. I will never forget us using Musa to taunt and tease Argentina fans in St Petersburg before the game. They were terrified! They'll say Messi and we'll say Musa!! Convo over! LOL

He served us very well.

Thank you Skippo!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I appreciate Musa, but I can't help but think this our tradition of having a non playing superstar going on a glorified farewell tour is a missed opportunity.

Would it not be better to have someone like Amoo, go, perhaps room with Simon and learn from some of the players?

Just a thought
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:44 pm I appreciate Musa, but I can't help but think this our tradition of having a non playing superstar going on a glorified farewell tour is a missed opportunity.

Would it not be better to have someone like Amoo, go, perhaps room with Simon and learn from some of the players?

Just a thought
With squads increased from 23 to 28, the WC can be his swansong if we qualify.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dude deserves to be mocked until he retires. He is a pathetic joke as a footballer at this point. Why must he continue to humiliate himself and STEAL a position in the squad from a younger and .more talented individual. Dude has been to 2 worldcups already. It's not as if we are lacking talent that he needs to hang on by force. And in case you all forgot, Dude has aspirations of going to Qatar.

Sorry but he deserves all the abuse and mockery he gets until he can look reality in the mirror.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:48 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:44 pm I appreciate Musa, but I can't help but think this our tradition of having a non playing superstar going on a glorified farewell tour is a missed opportunity.

Just a thought
With squads increased from 23 to 28, the WC can be his swansong if we qualify.
For what purpose?

To be a ball boy or training material ?

A plastic cone will be cheaper

Even with 28 , many good players will miss out.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.