PRE MATCH PRESSER vs TUNISIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
PRE MATCH PRESSER vs TUNISIA

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: PRE MATCH PRESSER vs TUNISIA

Post by Damunk »

The press conferences are very poorly produced.
Bad camerawork.
Bad audio and translation services

If dem no sabi, make dem come Naija, hire Nollywood cameraman, audio technicians and producer.
A small five-man crew would do a far better job than this.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Nice questions by the press.

Egu with big grammar saying we don't want to "undermine" the Tunisians? Really!

Cmoke
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:58 pm The press conferences are very poorly produced.
Bad camerawork.

If dem no sabi, make dem come Naija, hire Nollywood cameraman, audio technicians and producer.
I felt the same way. Dem dey try sha. I bet it is not easy for them to put together. That said, I like how Egu tackled all the questions. Ndidi too.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

Cmoke wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:38 pm Nice questions by the press.

Cmoke
:???: I been hear that one too come wonder whether Egu wan sell the match give Tunisia as e no wan undermine them :D :D
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gurrano wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:14 pm

Cmoke
:???: I been hear that one too come wonder whether Egu wan sell the match give Tunisia as e no wan undermine them :D :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:44 pm

Cmoke
Obviously na "underrate" e wan talk. Pretty sure say he don warn Pinnick about that half time shenanigans, but was being measured about how he yabs his boss in public. That room was full of Nigerian journalists speaking clearly and asking sharp questions. Also interesting to see how 9ja accent has evolved and refined over the years. In the 1980's & and 90's we spoke with heavy influence of local dialects.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

greg wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:14 am

Cmoke

Obviously na "underrate" e wan talk. Pretty sure say he don warn Pinnick about that half time shenanigans, but was being measured about how he yabs his boss in public. That room was full of Nigerian journalists speaking clearly and asking sharp questions. Also interesting to see how 9ja accent has evolved and refined over the years. In the 1980's & and 90's we spoke with heavy influence of local dialects.
‘MTI’ - Mother Tongue Interference. :D
But prior to that era, the educated few spoke much better than ever after - witness our Ziks, Awos, Sardaunas and many of our journalists of the time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Cmoke
What a travesty it would be if we lost the influence of our heavy dialects and our story telling traditions and became a mush. Even the English are fighting hard to keep their dialects with the Cumbrian and the Yorkshireman both celebrating and validating each other’s uniqueness.

To bring it back to football, something Egu is doing well - and Ekoku pointed this out - is restoring a Nigerian identity to our football. Which is another reason I will no longer back any foreign appointment. The idea that a coach is a coach is as ludicrous as saying a teacher is a teacher. Context, experience and sensibilities matter.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I like the questions too.

Cmoke
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

waka-man wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:52 am

Cmoke
What a travesty it would be if we lost the influence of our heavy dialects and our story telling traditions and became a mush. Even the English are fighting hard to keep their dialects with the Cumbrian and the Yorkshireman both celebrating and validating each other’s uniqueness.

To bring it back to football, something Egu is doing well - and Ekoku pointed this out - is restoring a Nigerian identity to our football. Which is another reason I will no longer back any foreign appointment. The idea that a coach is a coach is as ludicrous as saying a teacher is a teacher. Context, experience and sensibilities matter.
He was trying to not sound racist or be careless with words like Stephen Keshi did at eve of World Cup in South Africa and had to be queried by fifa. But that’s stretching anyways. Point is you have to answer those kinds of question with utmost sensitivity and diplomacy as he excellently did. I’m proud of this man because for the first time we have an emotionally matured and fully articulate guy occupying such a visible post. Not even pick milk is this polished
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Cmoke

I first noticed this with Keshi. There's a certain pride in being proudly Naija that Keshi worked so hard to put in the players. I am seeing the same in Eguavoen. Meanwhile, Rohr was always busy trying to deflate our self-esteem.

Me, I am sold on Eguavoen. He seems competent technically, seems like a good man-manger so far, and he puts the proud Naija back in our football. Can we return Joe Placebo (or whatever new coach Pinnick went and got) back to the sender please.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:09 am I like the questions too.

Cmoke
By their questions, the press did the job of letting Pinnick know that half time interference was nonsense.

Yes, they asked good questions
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kaysalaw
Egg
Egg

Post by kaysalaw »

amafolas wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Cmoke

I first noticed this with Keshi. There's a certain pride in being proudly Naija that Keshi worked so hard to put in the players. I am seeing the same in Eguavoen. Meanwhile, Rohr was always busy trying to deflate our self-esteem.

Me, I am sold on Eguavoen. He seems competent technically, seems like a good man-manger so far, and he puts the proud Naija back in our football. Can we return Joe Placebo (or whatever new coach Pinnick went and got) back to the sender please.
Anyone who replaces Eguavon with some useless journey man is being counter productive to Naija Football. It is so obvious this guy knows his onions, let the campaign begin. Eguavon it is.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:58 pm The press conferences are very poorly produced.
Bad camerawork.

...one camera, no director, just same one guy doing everything.
Yeah, a 5-man team will be good but I doubt they will do that because of money.
Such press conferences need at least 2 cameras to cover the room.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

We don't need no foreign coach.

We have very competent Nigerian coaches.

We need to aim high at the next WC. Simply turning up is no more enough and is unacceptable more than 20 years after we first graced the competition.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The last time Nigeria played either BFaso or Gabon, we ended up winning the cup.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯