Nigeria vs Ghana(WC playoffs)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Ghana(WC playoffs)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

me i don check out of AFCON... nah WC matter now ... Let Cameroon or CIV win this AFCON
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The last matchup was the Bentford Massacre. Naija go suffer again

Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mystic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:16 pm
Orion wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:34 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:57 pm This kind of apprehension over Ghana? Really? The same Ghana I watched in a do or die game against South Africa and it took massive 'ojoro' for them to survive? SA should have beaten them home and away in a fair world!

I am 150% confident we will beat them well. Let me start looking at flight and hotel to world cup!!!!
It's not about apprehension over Ghana. There is nothing wrong with preferring an easier path to the WC. Ghana will always rise to the occasion against Nigeria because of our historic rivalry. So, in general, it would be a harder matchup than say against a team like Mali that might come into the matchup with less self-confidence and fighting will against Nigeria.

Ghana on current form is actually the easiest path to the World Cup. Their Nations Cup humiliation is actually confirmation of the wretched football that they have been playing for some time now. They were actually the weakest team in Pot 2. The only question is whether or not they have enough time to get their act together before March. And the only cause for concern is the nature of the rivalry between them and us. However, as much as they will want to raise their game against us, we will be equally amped up to kick them while they are down.
Now that our team has been exposed as a bunch of overhyped players by a COVID-stricken Tunisian team with no coach, I hope it brings your heads down from the clouds.

The Ghana game will be tough and hopefully, we'll now go into that game with our guards up and not with the concerning arrogance and overconfidence some of you guys have been displaying here.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Orion wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:57 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:57 pm This kind of apprehension over Ghana? Really? The same Ghana I watched in a do or die game against South Africa and it took massive 'ojoro' for them to survive? SA should have beaten them home and away in a fair world!

I am 150% confident we will beat them well. Let me start looking at flight and hotel to world cup!!!!
It's not about apprehension over Ghana. There is nothing wrong with preferring an easier path to the WC. Ghana will always rise to the occasion against Nigeria because of our historic rivalry. So, in general, it would be a harder matchup than say against a team like Mali that might come into the matchup with less self-confidence and fighting will against Nigeria.

Ghana on current form is actually the easiest path to the World Cup. Their Nations Cup humiliation is actually confirmation of the wretched football that they have been playing for some time now. They were actually the weakest team in Pot 2. The only question is whether or not they have enough time to get their act together before March. And the only cause for concern is the nature of the rivalry between them and us. However, as much as they will want to raise their game against us, we will be equally amped up to kick them while they are down.
Now that our team has been exposed as a bunch of overhyped players by a COVID-stricken Tunisian team with no coach, I hope it brings your heads down from the clouds.

The Ghana game will be tough and hopefully, we'll now not go into that game with the concerning arrogance and overconfidence some of you guys have been displaying here.

The Ghana game will be tough no doubt. But they are still the weakest of all the teams we could possibly have drawn.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mystic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:00 am

The Ghana game will be tough and hopefully, we'll now not go into that game with the concerning arrogance and overconfidence some of you guys have been displaying here.

The Ghana game will be tough no doubt. But they are still the weakest of all the teams we could possibly have drawn.
Not true. DRC didn't even qualify for the AFCON. They only made the last 10 because Benin gave them a gift. Benin were in command of their WCQ group until they dropped the ball against Tanzania at home to let DRC back into the race. That's why DRC scrapped through with the least amount of points in the whole qualifiers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA ... tion_(CAF)
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Orion wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:11 am
mystic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:00 am

Not true. DRC didn't even qualify for the AFCON. They only made the last 10 because Benin gave them a gift. Benin were in command of their WCQ group until they dropped the ball against Tanzania at home to let DRC back into the race. That's why DRC scrapped through with the least amount of points in the whole qualifiers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA ... tion_(CAF)

You may be right about DRC. But l would be scared of underrating them. With Ghana, that matchup should motivate us to come correct.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Do you still believe Ghana was the easiest path to the World Cup?

Some of us simply intimated that we would've preferred a team we've traditionally gotten the better of, like Mali or DRC, etc but y'all acted as if it was blasphemy to say Ghana is a harder path than those teams. Well, the chickens have come home to roost. Arrogance is not a good thing. Some SE fans get nauseatingly arrogant as soon as we achieve a small measure of success. Maybe that’s why God does not allow us to be successful for too long. :twisted:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs ghana(WC playoffs)

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:54 pm
tfco wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:40 pm we will qualify.
Tfco, welcome back from Comoros! :thumbs:
thank you o

AFCON group stage champions...how far?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:55 pm It will be easy for Nigeria.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Orion wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:52 pm

Some of us simply intimated that we would've preferred a team we've traditionally gotten the better of, like Mali or DRC, etc but y'all acted as if it was blasphemy to say Ghana is a harder path than those teams. Well, the chickens have come home to roost. Arrogance is not a good thing. Some SE fans get nauseatingly arrogant as soon as we achieve a small measure of success. Maybe that’s why God does not allow us to be successful for too long. :twisted:
Tbf to Mystic, that Ghana team is garbage. I saw two poor teams battling it out - but one had a game plan which they executed, and the other was floundering.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs ghana(WC playoffs)

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:41 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:54 pm
tfco wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:40 pm we will qualify.
Tfco, welcome back from Comoros! :thumbs:
thank you o

AFCON group stage champions...how far?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tfco of Comoros, how body? Qatar go sweet oo! :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:51 pm

Tbf to Mystic, that Ghana team is garbage. I saw two poor teams battling it out - but one had a game plan which they executed, and the other was floundering.

Ghana were smart enough to go back to the drawing board after their early Nations Cup exit. Meanwhile Nigeria did not learn anything from our own exit from AFCON or the poor form that we had exhibited in our earlier World Cup qualifiers.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mystic wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:55 am

Ghana were smart enough to go back to the drawing board after their early Nations Cup exit. Meanwhile Nigeria did not learn anything from our own exit from AFCON or the poor form that we had exhibited in our earlier World Cup qualifiers.
Precisely. Because some people let that small measure of success get to their heads, they thought Ghana was so far beneath us that it was blasphemy to say they're a harder path to the world cup than some other teams in the playoffs.

Some of us were seeing something different. I sounded the alarm after Rohr was fired. SE has a very average pool of players. I knew we were not in the position to be so arrogant. Meanwhile, DRC got thrashed 4-1 in Morocco while a poor Tunisian side dispatched Mali.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Yeah, total failure on Pinnick's behalf.

Sacked Rohr without having a ready replacement on the eve of AFCON.
Stumbled upon Eguavoen.
Failed to remove Eguavoen after AFCON.

His time is up. One of the few silver linings here is that he'll be personally very disappointed at non-qualification because it closes many opportunities for him.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:39 am

Yeah, total failure on Pinnick's behalf.

Sacked Rohr without having a ready replacement on the eve of AFCON.
Stumbled upon Eguavoen.
Failed to remove Eguavoen after AFCON.

His time is up. One of the few silver linings here is that he'll be personally very disappointed at non-qualification because it closes many opportunities for him.
Obviously, both Ghana and Cameroon qualified because they made very late sacks and had ready replacements. Right? LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:29 amObviously, both Ghana and Cameroon qualified because they made very late sacks and had ready replacements. Right? LOL.
I don't know what Cameroon did.

As for Ghana, they appeared to have a plan to get the right team in place.

Now Nigeria... After AFCON, Pinnick was going to hire Peseiro, then decided against it and retained Eguavoen (who'd previously said he was returning to his TA role); and then went on tour to jollificate with Ighalo, Dennis, Lookman, etc (because that's exactly how an NFF President should spend their time); and ended up putting Onazi on the standby list, etc.

There are many reasons we can point to which explain why Ghana qualified.

Ghana understood the assignment. Nigeria was playing at the circus.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024