Nigeria vs Ghana(WC playoffs)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs ghana(WC playoffs)

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:44 pm I wanted to avoid Cameroon at all costs.

I think I prefer Ghana to Egypt, because the Wgyptians offer a different style, while Ghana is just a worse version of ourselves.

Their defence and goalkeeper are weaknesses.

Hopefully Kudus remains injured.
You are a sick fellow.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:16 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:44 pm I wanted to avoid Cameroon at all costs.

I think I prefer Ghana to Egypt, because the Wgyptians offer a different style, while Ghana is just a worse version of ourselves.

You are a sick fellow.
:rotf:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Goldleaf wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:02 pm Good chance for us. It will be difficult but we have a good chance. By the way, does Andre Ayew's straight red card against Comoros counts as a 1 or 3-match suspension?
It’s a 2 game and he won’t be featured in any FIFA sanctioned national team match until it’s served. So he is out.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Hopefully they keep Egu for these games for continuity sake. Any of the teams in pot 2 would have been hard but this one is probably the toughest since it will be a derby/war and they are desperate to make up for ANC failure. Let’s see how it goes, with Ndidi and Osimhen available I have more confidence in our chances.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:31 pm Hopefully they keep Egu for these games for continuity sake. Any of the teams in pot 2 would have been hard but this one is probably the toughest since it will be a derby/war and they are desperate to make up for ANC failure. Let’s see how it goes, with Ndidi and Osimhen available I have more confidence in our chances.
Eguaveon will be retained on a permanent basis
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

With these matchups, North Africa could be totally shut out of the World Cup❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:31 pm Hopefully they keep Egu for these games for continuity sake. Any of the teams in pot 2 would have been hard but this one is probably the toughest since it will be a derby/war and they are desperate to make up for ANC failure. Let’s see how it goes, with Ndidi and Osimhen available I have more confidence in our chances.
Cameroon would have been tougher. Thank God for his small mercies❗️

Cheers.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:17 pm

You are a sick fellow.
No big deal by his standard. He could have wished him dead

Despicable
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 pm Derby match. Form does not matter.
At what boarder does Naija and Ghana meet?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wanaj0 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:50 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:17 pm

You are a sick fellow.
No big deal by his standard. He could have wished him dead

Despicable
The guy no send oh. Kai, thank God his words hold no power. :rotf:
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Black stars sack Serbia coach, to make matters worse will face Super Eagles in Fifa world cup play offs in March, 2022.

Our show

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:24 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:23 pm ghana go hard ooooooooooooo
Who gets second leg at home?
We do, we are RANKED team, or country
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

You are a sick fellow.
not the first time, unbelievable.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Zelex wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:34 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 pm Derby match. Form does not matter.
Indeed. However, I expect this to apply to all the play-offs. Will be a cagey affair.
It certainly is going to be tough encounters for all teams. Fingers crossed
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I guess you can't control how these things shape up sometimes, but it can be argued that none of DRC, Morroco, Mali or Tunisia deserve to go to the World Cup based on current form, but two of these four are guaranteed a spot.

Ghana is not as bad as their first round ouster from AFCON suggests. While they were a goal down to Comoros before the Ayew red card, they would most likely have qualified (a draw would have been sufficient), but for that unfair red card.

However, they are not in the best of form, and did not deserve to make the final 10 of the WC Qualifiers. South Africa was robbed in both legs. They were denied a clean goal in SA (match should have been 2-0), and then you have the charade in Ghana. This is a Bafana side that did not make AFCON.

The AFCON ouster also means that they are in a bit of a crisis mode.

They say form goes out of the door, when it comes to a derby, but if there was ever a time to get Ghana in a home and away decider, this is it.

Up Eagles!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:38 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:35 pm
marutimon wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:35 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:33 pm
Ghana fired their Serbian coach already.
So they are going in hot with a new coach / caretaker coach after a dismal AFCON... should be easy for us, but who knows?
aren't we doing the same thing , going with joe potato
Naija better leave Egu there jeje else we are playing with real gnashing of teeth
I think Egu should be left alone as well, unless he doesn't want to coach our team.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria vs Ghana(WC playoffs)

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:21 pmoboy
Baba na me edit your thread title and capitalized Ghana. Even if we are going to issue our opponent bitterness on the green grass, lets respect them. Have you not learnt a thing or two from Coach Egu...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Odas wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:34 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:38 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:35 pm
marutimon wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:35 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:33 pm
Ghana fired their Serbian coach already.
So they are going in hot with a new coach / caretaker coach after a dismal AFCON... should be easy for us, but who knows?
aren't we doing the same thing , going with joe potato
Naija better leave Egu there jeje else we are playing with real gnashing of teeth
I think Egu should be left alone as well, unless he doesn't want to coach our team.
I think he will be left alone to coach the team. Word on the street is that he wants to remain the coach and can do so and be the technical director of the NFF at the same time. Win win situation if you ask me.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:08 pm
tfco wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:07 pm [tweet][/tweet]
Tfco is back :rotf:
Welcome back tfco .... and I am looking forward to the tweet about the head-to-head competitive record between Ghana and Comoros. Thanks in advance.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cito wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:27 pm
Goldleaf wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:02 pm Good chance for us. It will be difficult but we have a good chance. By the way, does Andre Ayew's straight red card against Comoros counts as a 1 or 3-match suspension?
It’s a 2 game and he won’t be featured in any FIFA sanctioned national team match until it’s served. So he is out.
Hmm, the impact of the RED CARD is becoming more deadly for Ghana. On the other hand, Ayew's replacement might do 'wonders' for their (Ghanaian) team
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The Eagle wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:40 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:08 pm
tfco wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:07 pm [tweet][/tweet]
Tfco is back :rotf:
Welcome back tfco .... and I am looking forward to the tweet about the head-to-head competitive record between Ghana and Comoros. Thanks in advance.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was wondering what happened to him (TFCO). Welcome back, bro!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm I guess you can't control how these things shape up sometimes, but it can be argued that none of DRC, Morroco, Mali or Tunisia deserve to go to the World Cup based on current form, but two of these four are guaranteed a spot.

Ghana is not as bad as their first round ouster from AFCON suggests. While they were a goal down to Comoros before the Ayew red card, they would most likely have qualified (a draw would have been sufficient), but for that unfair red card.

However, they are not in the best of form, and did not deserve to make the final 10 of the WC Qualifiers. South Africa was robbed in both legs. They were denied a clean goal in SA (match should have been 2-0), and then you have the charade in Ghana. This is a Bafana side that did not make AFCON.

The AFCON ouster also means that they are in a bit of a crisis mode.

They say form goes out of the door, when it comes to a derby, but if there was ever a time to get Ghana in a home and away decider, this is it.

Up Eagles!
TRUETALK! Na you be dat? Long time. How bodi?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:31 pmHopefully they keep Egu for these games for continuity sake. Any of the teams in pot 2 would have been hard but this one is probably the toughest since it will be a derby/war and they are desperate to make up for ANC failure. Let’s see how it goes, with Ndidi and Osimhen available I have more confidence in our chances.
Personally, I was hoping for DRC but glad we avoided Cameroon...
As for Egu, it will help him to finish "well" at AFCON to keep the job.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL