Nigeria 0 vs Tunisia 1 2nd Round AfCON 2022

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 vs Tunisia 1 2nd Round AfCON 2022

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:39 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:34 pm Officiating was bad. That was no red card. Iwobi went for the ball and accidentally caught the Tunisia player. Nigeria underaged Tunisia. Went away from what they were doing well like one touch passing and wing player. We don't have a good striker if Osimhen is not playing.
with his studs up. Thats a red. If it was against a Nigerian player, you would cry for a red too.
His studs weren't up. No ref in their right mind gives a straight red card for that.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Nija might not be going to the World Cup.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:43 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:34 pm Officiating was bad. That was no red card. Iwobi went for the ball and accidentally caught the Tunisia player. Nigeria underaged Tunisia. Went away from what they were doing well like one touch passing and wing player. We don't have a good striker if Osimhen is not playing.
with his studs up. Thats a red. If it was against a Nigerian player, you would cry for a red too.
His studs weren't up. No ref in their right mind gives a straight red card for that.
He stomped on the guys ankle man... he could have easily broken his ankle. There wasn't intent, but he did step on him and its dangerous play. Here is the replay

Last edited by metalalloy on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:44 pm Nija might not be going to the World Cup.
both team are not good to go to world cup,hope either raise there game if either qualify,probably ghana will be better on die hard situation to go to world cup.
thanks
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:44 pm Nija might not be going to the World Cup.
They are playing Ghana who is arguably in a worse position that we are. Nothing has changed from 5 days ago when this site was in euphoria and today.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:47 pm
He stomped on the guys ankle man.. There wasnt intent, but he did. Here is the replay

He caught his ankle - not stamped - he caught his ankle and the ball. At most it's a yellow card. Many refs at AFCON strike as being aware of the rules of the game in theory but unable to apply the rules with sound judgement.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

I stopped watching the game at halftime. It was clear we were gonna lose this game. I saw people saying they did well 1st half..Common. The match was lost 1st half in my opinion. You don’t give a depleted Tunisian side like that a free stroll in the park the entire 1st-half and expect them not to gain confidence and get a goal. The team was as pedestrian as crap all of 1st half without taking control of the game. Zero intensity! It was clear Simon was going to be marked-out of the game, yet Eguavoen didn’t even consider switching him to the right to unsettle the Tunisians. Tunisia specifically changed their right back and right winger/midfielder for this match to take care of Simon - someone pointed this out when the lineups came out. Not smart at all from Eguavoen..
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:50 pm
They are playing Ghana who is arguably in a worse position that we are. Nothing has changed from 5 days ago when this site was in euphoria and today.
You guys never learn.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

If that was a red then Matuidi should have been forced into retirement for that tackle on Onazi.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

2010- Naija loses to Egypt

2013- Won the Cup

2019 - Lost to Algeria

2021- Lost to Tunisia
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:53 pm
metalalloy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:50 pm
You guys never learn.
Learn what? :rotf: ok, sorry, let me respond to your original comment as follows:

Naija might be going to the World Cup. is that better?

Of course they might not being going to the WC, but then again, they might. Todays result changed nothing. they could have won the nations cup and yet missed out on WCQ.

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Okoye was clearly at fault for that goal. The defence/midfield didn't help by giving the Tunisian so much space.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

charlie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:28 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:21 pm I am extremely disappointed but that’s football for you. The worst part of this loss is that Rohr undeservedly gets the last laugh… and even qualifying for the World Cup suddenly seems like a mirage. How did things suddenly go from extremely promising to hopeless❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Thats what you Rohr haters really dont get. Rohr is very likely in pain as well with the exit of Nigeria. These SE players were also his boys. He coached them for 5 years. How can you laugh when your players have been humiliated?

This whole sordid mess is on Pinnik and the NFF. As I said, they should not have rushed to fire Rohr, but instead have looked to strengthen the team for the AFCON. That said, I do think we lucked into a competent coach in Eguavon, and he should be kept on.

The worst thing we can do now is panic and overhaul our coaching staff again,...which is very likely what Pinnik will do.
If there are any Rohr haters, I’m not one of them. Firing Rohr was the right move. He couldn’t have done any better than Eguavoen did. It is unfortunate that Mr. Murphy chose the most inappropriate time to rear his ugly head❗️

Cheers.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija do well, i.e. as expected
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

To go do what with this quality of players.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Even his uncle Jayjay said it's a red card.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:52 pm Blames on our goalkeeper and on Iwobi. I hope this Okoye guy will NO longer be our number one keeper
Blame on Iwobi? The loss must have affected you in a bad way that...
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

It is amazing that the same Nigerians who keep faith in Man U and Arsenal and invest in new jerseys and cable TV year after year so easily condemn Nigerian football after one match.
Last edited by Kneedeep on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I still believe in the team, we had a bad day at the office, the players didnt suddenly become bad
Tunisia studied us well and we didnt respond, lesson learnt , have a plan B but these players are not useless
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

akamoke wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:25 am I still believe in the team, we had a bad day at the office, the players didnt suddenly become bad
Tunisia studied us well and we didnt respond, lesson learnt , have a plan B but these players are not useless
Yep
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

akamoke wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:25 am I still believe in the team, we had a bad day at the office, the players didnt suddenly become bad
SIGNED
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The replay made it clear to me. He stepped on the Tunisian ankle.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

eyan wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:09 am
Odas wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:52 pm Blames on our goalkeeper and on Iwobi. I hope this Okoye guy will NO longer be our number one keeper
Blame on Iwobi? The loss must have affected you in a bad way that...
Well, he was sent out, right? Whether the foul was accidental or not, the result was we ended being a player down while also down by a goal.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.