Rohr was a better coach than Eguavoen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Rohr was a better coach than Eguavoen

Post by Tobi17 »

Yeah we can condemn his style of football but he at least got us to the Semi final and narrowly lost to an IN FORM Algerian team at the time, Eguavoen flattered to deceive we all (including me) got sold by the scam, abeg Pinnick and his pack of crooks can f**k off already, Eguavoen should just revert back to his role as technical director and let's either bring back Rohr or take our chances with this Peseiro abi Potato fellow, Ghana will be licking their chops right now :twisted:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr was a better coach than Eguavoen

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:56 pm Yeah we can condemn his style of football but he at least got us to the Semi final and narrowly lost to an IN FORM Algerian team at the time, Eguavoen flattered to deceive we all (including me) got sold by the scam, abeg Pinnick and his pack of crooks can f**k off already, Eguavoen should just revert back to his role as technical director and let's either bring back Rohr or take our chances with this Peseiro abi Potato fellow, Ghana will be licking their chops right now :twisted:
Rohr ko, Raw ni... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Nail in the coffin for local coaches honestly.

This was a piss poor display. A team that common Gambia and Mali handled easily.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Here we go. Second guessing has started. You wouldn’t have come to this conclusion yesterday. Would you?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:56 pm Yeah we can condemn his style of football but he at least got us to the Semi final and narrowly lost to an IN FORM Algerian team at the time, Eguavoen flattered to deceive we all (including me) got sold by the scam, abeg Pinnick and his pack of crooks can f**k off already, Eguavoen should just revert back to his role as technical director and let's either bring back Rohr or take our chances with this Peseiro abi Potato fellow, Ghana will be licking their chops right now :twisted:
I never ONCE abused Rohr for finishing third, narrowly losing to easily the best team.

All you Rohr haters (those who just hate Rohr for no logical reason) can honestly suck di%% Look at the crap your local coaches have served us.

The record will show I only attacked Rohr at the very end, but those who told us he was "not it" because we lost to Croatia and Algeria were just hating for hating' s sake.

So how about a loss to an average Tunisia side that had half their team out with Covid. How does that feel ?
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:00 pm Nail in the coffin for local coaches honestly.

This was a piss poor display. A team that common Gambia and Mali handled easily.

Disagree with your first comment. However, it did show the tactical limitations of Eguavoen. This was the 1st real test. Most teams entering the knockout understood how the SE would line up (having seen our 3 games). Tunisia contained Nigeria whilst having 12 players unavailable as well as their coach.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You’re a flip flipper. Today, you will insult and call him all manner of names, tomorrow, you will become his supporter. Learn to stand 10 toes, Solid on your opinion and genuinely apologize if you’re wrong
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Leave Eguavoen in charge for the WC playoff. Rohr was crap. At least I have enjoyed watching the SE at this tournament. The last time I did that was when we beat Algeria and Cameroon towards WC2018 qualification. Since then we regressed terribly. At least I have some hope with the way Eguavoen has shaped this team. I hope we will progress to the World Cup by beating Ghana, with him in charge.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ogiso wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm Leave Eguavoen in charge for the WC playoff. Rohr was crap. At least I have enjoyed watching the SE at this tournament. The last time I did that was when we beat Algeria and Cameroon towards WC2018 qualification. Since then we regressed terribly. At least I have some hope with the way Eguavoen has shaped this team. I hope we will progress to the World Cup by beating Ghana, with him in charge.
He did not manage the game well.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:00 pm Nail in the coffin for local coaches honestly.

If that is so then Rohr is a nail in the coffin for foreign managers. Any African team can lose to Tunisia. Eguavoen beat the teams at CAR's level comfortably.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bro, I am FULLY convinced that u cannot be this STUPID!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

It was a big shame sacking Rohr.

Rohr achieved ALL his objectives to date and was on course to achieve his AFCON objectives before he was fired.

Some of us saw the mistake being made but the rabble-rousers and feelings people shouted us down.

To be honest, our World Cup qualification is in jeopardy right now. I just hope the new coach will be as good as Rohr in getting the best out of this group of overhyped players.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Potato na useless coach o. I'd rather eguavon than that scam
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:03 pm I never ONCE abused Rohr for finishing third, narrowly losing to easily the best team.

All you Rohr haters (those who just hate Rohr for no logical reason) can honestly suck di%% Look at the crap your local coaches have served us.

The record will show I only attacked Rohr at the very end, but those who told us he was "not it" because we lost to Croatia and Algeria were just hating for hating' s sake.

So how about a loss to an average Tunisia side that had half their team out with Covid. How does that feel ?
...and Madagascar and Central Africa Republic in our backyard in Lagos... :atc:

He could not beat Sierra Leone over two legs, struggled to draw with Cape Verde in Lagos, so what makes you think he could have beaten Tunisia? Herr Rohr has done his best, but ultimately not good enough. Instead of obtusely fixating over the past, thank Egu for his services and move FORWARD.

Egu had a couple of weeks and NO friendlies, not the FIVE YEARS that Herr Rohr enjoyed.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:17 pm

Literally 36 hours ago he was jock-riding Egu....this is something else...the guy is so unstable...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Bring back Rohr, Coach them don finish for this world.
What with the obsession with Rohr as if there are no other coaches in the entire
universe. The guy has moved on and is enjoying the millions of naira that he made.
I am sure he himself will be surprised that there are fans that want him to be made
super eagles coach for life. Watching this oyinbo league has caused irreversible damage.
We in 2022 for christ sake and not the 70's enough with the inferiority complex.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:03 pm I never ONCE abused Rohr for finishing third, narrowly losing to easily the best team.

He could not beat Sierra Leone over two legs, struggled to draw with Cape Verde in Lagos, so what makes you think he could have beaten Tunisia? Herr Rohr has done his best, but ultimately not good enough. Instead of obtusely fixating over the past, thank Egu for his services and move FORWARD.

Egu had a couple of weeks and NO friendlies, not the FIVE YEARS that Herr Rohr enjoyed.
WELL SAID !!! :agree:

:clap:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ogiso wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm Leave Eguavoen in charge for the WC playoff. Rohr was crap. At least I have enjoyed watching the SE at this tournament. The last time I did that was when we beat Algeria and Cameroon towards WC2018 qualification. Since then we regressed terribly. At least I have some hope with the way Eguavoen has shaped this team. I hope we will progress to the World Cup by beating Ghana, with him in charge.
I also enjoyed when we beat Cameroon and South Africa during the last AFCON. When we beat Iceland and only narrowly lost to Argentina at the World Cup. And the friendlies against Argentina, Brazil, Poland, Ukraine to name a few.

I like how people have selective memory and only remember Rohr bad games but not the good ones.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

blueangel wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:49 pm
Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 pm

WELL SAID !!! :agree:

:clap:
Good excuse.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

11 vs 11 Nigeria wins the match! We had time to turn things around. That was never a red card, certainly not in a match of this nature.

Let Eguavoen continue. Mark my words, the journeyman oyinbo y'all are clamoring for will not do any better than what Keshi accomplished.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:22 pm

Literally 36 hours ago he was jock-riding Egu....this is something else...the guy is so unstable...
:rotf: :rotf: abeg you people should leave Vancity alone. The guy is pure comedy on these pages.

He is no worse than the clueless dolts that have spent 20 entrenched years arguing over FC vs LC
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

tmex12 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:23 pm 11 vs 11 Nigeria wins the match! We had time to turn things around. That was never a red card, certainly not in a match of this nature.

Let Eguavoen continue. Mark my words, the journeyman oyinbo y'all are clamoring for will not do any better than what Keshi accomplished.
We had 11 v 11 in the first half and we didn't have a single shot on target. You win matches by scoring goals not by wishful thinking.

Keshi is being worshipped because he won something. His winning ratio over his tenure was just 50%, very average compared to the oyinbo coaches, Westerhof and Rohr who had winning ratio of 60% and 66% respectively. So its not about colour or nationality.