Worst performance since 1982

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Worst performance since 1982

Post by Otitokoro »

See this wayo man...
FACT: Eguavoen coached and managed Nigeria to its absolute WORST AFCON performance in 40 yrs!
Does that work better for you? :)
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:27 pm
You are correct. Worst ANC performance since 1982. Next to this was Berti Stash :taunt: :taunt:

That said, Eguavoen was there as INTERIM coach. He took over the team at the ANC. So will not 'blame' him for the loss. I will rather use the 4 matches he coached at the ANC to evaluate him. For those that loved statistics he has a 75% win record at this ANC.

While Eguavoen will not be my first pick, I will actually retain him for the WC qualifier and IF we qualify keep him till after the WC with a second round qualification as minimum expectation.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:36 pm See this wayo man...
FACT: Eguavoen coached and managed Nigeria to its absolute WORST AFCON performance in 40 yrs!
Does that work better for you? :)
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:27 pm
You are correct. Worst ANC performance since 1982. Next to this was Berti Stash :taunt: :taunt:

That said, Eguavoen was there as INTERIM coach. He took over the team at the ANC. So will not 'blame' him for the loss. I will rather use the 4 matches he coached at the ANC to evaluate him. For those that loved statistics he has a 75% win record at this ANC.

While Eguavoen will not be my first pick, I will actually retain him for the WC qualifier and IF we qualify keep him till after the WC with a second round qualification as minimum expectation.
You are correct. Worst AFCON. 75% win record.

I was expecting 33% win record considering that he is coaching a team that he did not select!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:07 pm Yup, no two ways about it. And with a highly talented squad.
This is subjective
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:18 pm Awoniyi shouldn't be called up again...dude just big for nothing.
Its not his fault that Simon cant cross or Chukweze can beat defenders.