Eguavoen must Continue

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eguavoen must Continue

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:06 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:45 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:49 pm Truth is though we will NEVER know what happened had we retained Rohr.

I still believe it was a risk worth taking but we will just never know how his team would have played in Cameroon. We can speculate he would have done poorly going by his recent results, but the Keshi team that won afcon and made 2nd round in WC also had a few piss poor results and play. I remember us failing to beat Kenya at home. There were many poor displays to be honest only for the team to get it together at the right moments.

Rohr's team could have continued their poor trend, or they could have gone on to win it all. We will never know.
There was a pattern developing with ****. His run of not-so-good results was a pattern. Teams with ambition are not afraid to make coaching changes when you realize that the present coach can't take you further than he has brought you. ****'s team after close to 6 years did not resemble a team that showed the coach has been with them for that long.

We moved on from **** to an interim guy who also failed. We can't be afraid to make changes. We have seen that this set of players and with the addition of those who couldn't make it to the AFCON are capable of playing footie the way we want the game to be played.

The laziness to scout and find the right fit shouldn't be a deterrent to looking for the right fit.

Again, Pinnick should hire a professional to find him the right coach. He is not good at picking coaches.
The SE was going through a bad patch under ROhr. It happens to most teams. So what do you do? You find out the reasons for the bad patch, and come up with solutions to fix it.

I noticed those other foreign coaches with Rohr were hardly around him anymore. Was that the reason? did he need better assiatants? Did he need more inputs from the Technical Director? was their team indiscipline issues? DId they need a strict and experienced Team Manager?

FIring but a major tournament should be the LAST OPTION even considering that he still delivered results.
Nfachairman

Rohr actually addressed the bad patch. He recognized it way before it started showing at home. He noted the loss of assistants and specifically asked for Salisu. These were widely published. The NFF eventually acquiesced to Rohr's request. Now what idol not know is when Salisu actually joined the bench.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:15 pm
Orion wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:54 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:07 pm Eguavoen took the job knowing full well that there's no margin for error. It was a suicide mission where the only outcome that would have saved him was either winning the cup or losing to a better team.
This is so disingenuous and a desperate attempt to avoid the truth.

You put all the blame on Eguavoen when the real issue here is that the coach that knew those players (and what each and every one of them can offer) was sacked right before the tournament. The people who sacked the coach and those who supported and cheered them on are to blame for this fiasco, and NOT Eguavoen!

Eguavoen stood up and did everything he could to serve his nation when others had made a catastrophic mistake that left SE in a desperate position with few options. I don't blame him at all!
**** was rightfully sacked.

You all kept hoping that he would have learned by now. Obviously, it is not a lesson that can be learned in 6 years.

He needed more time.

And when he bombs at the AFCON you will use the excuse it is too late to make a change.

Get this into your thinking... NO TEAM WITH AN AMBITION TO WIN TROPHIES WILL HIRE HIM OR RETAIN HIM!
It's OK to have higher ambitions. Nothing wrong with that.

But on this particular occasion, the timing was off. I don't know why this is so difficult for you guys to grasp considering we've had so much experience of something like this. :???:

If you want higher ambitions then simply don't renew his contract. Of course, if he fails to meet a target, then the contract automatically ends.

This is why I said we need to have the courage to see things through (like the contract of a coach who is meeting his targets) rather than these constant kneejerk reactions that lead nowhere.

Anyway, this is NOT about Rohr. Rohr is gone and we're moving forward.

But if we fail to acknowledge what really happened here, the TRUTH, we're going to keep repeating the mistake over and over and over again. Like mad people :!:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:55 pm
chief nfachairman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:06 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:45 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:49 pm Truth is though we will NEVER know what happened had we retained Rohr.

I still believe it was a risk worth taking but we will just never know how his team would have played in Cameroon. We can speculate he would have done poorly going by his recent results, but the Keshi team that won afcon and made 2nd round in WC also had a few piss poor results and play. I remember us failing to beat Kenya at home. There were many poor displays to be honest only for the team to get it together at the right moments.

Rohr's team could have continued their poor trend, or they could have gone on to win it all. We will never know.
There was a pattern developing with ****. His run of not-so-good results was a pattern. Teams with ambition are not afraid to make coaching changes when you realize that the present coach can't take you further than he has brought you. ****'s team after close to 6 years did not resemble a team that showed the coach has been with them for that long.

We moved on from **** to an interim guy who also failed. We can't be afraid to make changes. We have seen that this set of players and with the addition of those who couldn't make it to the AFCON are capable of playing footie the way we want the game to be played.

The laziness to scout and find the right fit shouldn't be a deterrent to looking for the right fit.

Again, Pinnick should hire a professional to find him the right coach. He is not good at picking coaches.
The SE was going through a bad patch under ROhr. It happens to most teams. So what do you do? You find out the reasons for the bad patch, and come up with solutions to fix it.

I noticed those other foreign coaches with Rohr were hardly around him anymore. Was that the reason? did he need better assiatants? Did he need more inputs from the Technical Director? was their team indiscipline issues? DId they need a strict and experienced Team Manager?

FIring but a major tournament should be the LAST OPTION even considering that he still delivered results.
Nfachairman

Rohr actually addressed the bad patch. He recognized it way before it started showing at home. He noted the loss of assistants and specifically asked for Salisu. These were widely published. The NFF eventually acquiesced to Rohr's request. Now what idol not know is when Salisu actually joined the bench.
How many days did corrupt Salisu have to work with him and the team. National team football is a matter of days unlike club football.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Eguaveon has denied rumors that he quit.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/60117072

Niaja no dey resign. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:15 am Eguaveon has denied rumors that he quit.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/60117072

Niaja no dey resign. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I wouldn’t expect him to resign from his TD position. It’s up to Picnic to hire a permanent coach or ask the TD to fill in again.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Orion wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:56 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:15 pm
Orion wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:54 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:07 pm Eguavoen took the job knowing full well that there's no margin for error. It was a suicide mission where the only outcome that would have saved him was either winning the cup or losing to a better team.
This is so disingenuous and a desperate attempt to avoid the truth.

You put all the blame on Eguavoen when the real issue here is that the coach that knew those players (and what each and every one of them can offer) was sacked right before the tournament. The people who sacked the coach and those who supported and cheered them on are to blame for this fiasco, and NOT Eguavoen!

Eguavoen stood up and did everything he could to serve his nation when others had made a catastrophic mistake that left SE in a desperate position with few options. I don't blame him at all!
**** was rightfully sacked.

You all kept hoping that he would have learned by now. Obviously, it is not a lesson that can be learned in 6 years.

He needed more time.

And when he bombs at the AFCON you will use the excuse it is too late to make a change.

Get this into your thinking... NO TEAM WITH AN AMBITION TO WIN TROPHIES WILL HIRE HIM OR RETAIN HIM!
It's OK to have higher ambitions. Nothing wrong with that.

But on this particular occasion, the timing was off. I don't know why this is so difficult for you guys to grasp considering we've had so much experience of something like this. :???:

If you want higher ambitions then simply don't renew his contract. Of course, if he fails to meet a target, then the contract automatically ends.

This is why I said we need to have the courage to see things through (like the contract of a coach who is meeting his targets) rather than these constant kneejerk reactions that lead nowhere.

Anyway, this is NOT about Rohr. Rohr is gone and we're moving forward.

But if we fail to acknowledge what really happened here, the TRUTH, we're going to keep repeating the mistake over and over and over again. Like mad people :!:
The timing of the sack of Rohr was wrong. NFF should have sacked him IMMEDIATELY after the WC.

Eguavoen came on a RESCUE mission. He did not meet expectations. Personally I was not expecting anything from a coach that did not select the players nor have time to prepare the players.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”