Eguavoen must Continue

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Eguavoen must Continue

Post by john12 »

I told them about being Honorable and a person of integrity, I warned them about not sacking a coach that met his target but they disobeyed. The moderators even sent one of a forumer to ban my handle for no reason. Check my prediction, track record on this platform. They disobeyed, insulted a coach that met his target and denigrated him.. Eguavoen must continue. He seem like a good man, decent coach etc
Last edited by john12 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eguavoen must Continue

Post by maceo4 »

He is an interim coach, and will likely be replaced...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:23 pm He is an interim coach, and will likely be replaced...

No o. He must continue. We must reap what we have sown
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:23 pm He is an interim coach, and will likely be replaced...
You're a disgrace. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

john12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:22 pm I told them about being Honorable and a person of integrity, I warned them about not sacking a coach that met his target but they disobeyed. The moderators even sent one of a forumer to ban my handle for no reason. Check my prediction, track record on this platform. They disobeyed, insulted a coach that met his target and denigrated him.. Eguavoen must continue. He seem like a good man, decent coach etc
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:35 pm
:???: By stating the obvious facts?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

He must… since I don’t trust Pinnick’s ability to choose a better coach
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:39 pm
You owe us an apology, enough is enough
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:43 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:39 pm
You owe us an apology, enough is enough
Huh? What in the PMS-ing are you going on about?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

He should after losing this game to Tunisia. Tunisia? A THIRD placed team which BARELY made it into the next round?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:17 pm
He should after losing this game to Tunisia. Tunisia? A THIRD placed team which BARELY made it into the next round?
that lost 12 players to Covid and didn't even have a coach. :boo: :boo: :boo:

Just imagine if this was Rohr ?
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:17 pm
Like Italy in 1994
Knockout football is a different ball game
We came late to that party and it showed
Next...
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

are we seriously expecting Pesiero (who wasn't even in cameroon to watch the team) to take over ? Seriously ?

Now this hiring of Egu is looking even more a horrible mistake. Why would we hire a part time coach.

Either hire Egu or hire Peseiro. This in between nonsense was just a big waste of time.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:54 am are we seriously expecting Pesiero (who wasn't even in cameroon to watch the team) to take over ? Seriously ?

Now this hiring of Egu is looking even more a horrible mistake. Why would we hire a part time coach.

Either hire Egu or hire Peseiro. This in between nonsense was just a big waste of time.
Lol NFF took a gamble on Eguavoen and wanted to just save money by keeping Peseiro on standby since Eguavoen seemed to be giving Nigerians some good football (which we all wanted all along), they never bargained that our high expectations would backfire... with the gift of hindsight when we all leave our emotions aside and analyze the whole situation, Eguavoen merely had a managerial bounce which is mostly normal with new coaches when they arrive at a team at its lowest ebb, maybe Eguavoen is a decent coach, but coaching left him way back in 2006.. NFF will have no choice but reconsider their decisions on stalling about hiring Peseiro and make a panic decision by making him sign the contract when he hasn't even had a feel of what the team looks like yet... And I have a feeling Eguavoen doesn't want to deal with all the drama of failing to qualify the team for the world cup so he was quick to revert back to his role as Technical director.

Let's not forget that Eguavoen went to this AFCON as a makeshift emergency coach with very low expectations, he didn't even pick his own team, have a training camp with them to properly bed in his tactics, and most importantly play friendly games... Rohr built the team and knew the team better, Eguavoen unfortunately was thrown under the bus without him realizing it.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:54 am are we seriously expecting Pesiero (who wasn't even in cameroon to watch the team) to take over ? Seriously ?

But you cheered when **** was fired, abi level headed folks were telling you that it was too late in the game to fire him, I personally said though I don't like him NFF should see out their contract with him as they agreed to it and he has achieved every single goal they set for him , but this your sudden buyers remorse get as e be...I even remember you saying nothing can be worse than **** we need to get rid of him immediately. It never occurred to you that the same incompetent people who waited till last minute to fire **** were the same ones you were counting on to replace him? Why didn't you say this interim change was a problem when it was announced? Now you are doing monday morning quarterbacking b/c things didn't go your way...na real wa
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:43 am

But you cheered when **** was fired, abi level headed folks were telling you that it was too late in the game to fire him, I personally said though I don't like him NFF should see out their contract with him as they agreed to it and he has achieved every single goal they set for him , but this your sudden buyers remorse get as e be...I even remember you saying nothing can be worse than **** we need to get rid of him immediately. It never occurred to you that the same incompetent people who waited till last minute to fire **** were the same ones you were counting on to replace him? Why didn't you say this interim change was a problem when it was announced? Now you are doing monday morning quarterbacking b/c things didn't go your way...na real wa
Yeah.. Like we've suddenly forgotten how you were waxing lyrical, hyping up Eguavoen as the second coming of Pep when we beat Egypt, Susan and GB... how did that turn out now?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:07 am

Lol NFF took a gamble on Eguavoen and wanted to just save money by keeping Peseiro on standby since Eguavoen seemed to be giving Nigerians some good football (which we all wanted all along), they never bargained that our high expectations would backfire... with the gift of hindsight when we all leave our emotions aside and analyze the whole situation, Eguavoen merely had a managerial bounce which is mostly normal with new coaches when they arrive at a team at its lowest ebb, maybe Eguavoen is a decent coach, but coaching left him way back in 2006.. NFF will have no choice but reconsider their decisions on stalling about hiring Peseiro and make a panic decision by making him sign the contract when he hasn't even had a feel of what the team looks like yet... And I have a feeling Eguavoen doesn't want to deal with all the drama of failing to qualify the team for the world cup so he was quick to revert back to his role as Technical director.

Let's not forget that Eguavoen went to this AFCON as a makeshift emergency coach with very low expectations, he didn't even pick his own team, have a training camp with them to properly bed in his tactics, and most importantly play friendly games... Rohr built the team and knew the team better, Eguavoen unfortunately was thrown under the bus without him realizing it.
I'm sure he realized it and tried his best and actually did better than most expected. The issue is fans now forgot their low expectations leading up to the tourney and then had a mood swing to the other 'we are already the champions' extreme. Even you abi na Tbite when I was shaking for the Tunisia match said oh its an easy 3 or 4-0, I was shocked by everybody's sudden bravado...hoping we hadn't blown our load too early...oh well, the truth remains Egu did well given the circumstances, he's stepped down after taking the team as far as he can, so picnic over to you, you had told us X,Y,Z had signed and will be Cameroon blah blah, all turns out was just a bunch of hogwash, yet some misguided people will be here cursing out Egu...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The most telling part of it all is that a foreign coach is looking very likely to win the AFCON... I envy Senegal, Cameroon, CIV and Morocco right now
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:50 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:43 am

Yeah.. Like we've suddenly forgotten how you were waxing lyrical, hyping up Eguavoen as the second coming of Pep when we beat Egypt, Susan and GB... how did that turn out now?
One thing Egu did show is our team with the same players CAN attack and CAN beat a team with a World Class player...some reasons why folks had gripes with the previous coach. So where do we go from here? Who can have us be good in attack and also tactically strong in other aspects with multiple strategies to deploy given the progression of game play...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:53 am The most telling part of it all is that a foreign coach is looking very likely to win the AFCON... I envy Senegal, Cameroon, CIV and Morocco right now
But is it really about this FC/LC thing? I just want a competent coach that fits our playing style. I mean isn’t the Tunisian coach an LC?
Last edited by maceo4 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Whaaaat? The NEWLY hired coach wasn't in Cameroon? I thought it was said he will be there to watch the games and observe the players
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:53 am The most telling part of it all is that a foreign coach is looking very likely to win the AFCON... I envy Senegal, Cameroon, CIV and Morocco right now
I envy them because the dont have a doofus like Pinnick running/ruining their football. Honestly Pinnick needs to resign. Ever since he took over we have been catching Ls all over the place. U17/20/23 teams crap, Falcons..Crap now this. He needs to go.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Actually, on 2nd thought, I think we don't have a choice but to stick with Eguavoen and get him better assistants or whatever. Hiring Peseiro would be doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.what made me change my mind was the fact that we never got to see what effect Egu's initial sub would've made because of I-wobi's red card. Moreover, Egu did get the team to play with more urgency and to believe, that cannot be underestimated. To pay an unknown coach big money at this stage seems illogical. Bring him back.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!